main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finn and Rey's Cat Cantina and Pizza Parlor (The Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I've read To the Field of Stars, In Movement, There is Peace, and about to finish up The Way, My Way. I really enjoy them and plan to read more.

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Up here in Sweden the crown princess is turning 40 and the TV is right now showing the celebration of her

AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Thank you all, for overwhelming support. Love back to each of you. <3

I have seen my doctor today and she gave me an antidepressive. It's a small dose, but it should do its thing. She told me to report signs of possible mania, if any; but I hope that I am not that unlucky and that things will go right way.

ALL HAIL THE HOLY CHESTNUT.

4. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Om Hail Shreem Klim Chest Param Holy Swaha Nut Amah

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    ACK! Two more weeks of the eye drops...but I am slowly getting better. The doctor said I can stop taking the atropine drops and just take the steroid drops. So my eyes wont be dilated all day long. They will be blurry, but at least they won't be photo-phobic. [face_hypnotized]

6. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Well, sounds like an improvement, Jedi_Lover. Screamingly inconvenient, of course... not being able to read or whatever... Stinks! :(

And I hope that your doc's Rx helps, Ewok Poet. It is so hard to pull out of those spirals, sometimes, and your challenges are bigger than most. Lots of positive warm fuzzies coming your way!

A holy chestnut... [face_laugh] Well, I suppose... one thing that struck me when I went to Paris was how many relics & reliquaries still existed. I dunno... I think if I was a saint, I'd be weirded out to think that pieces of me were scattered to the corners of the earth. But then, I guess that's why I'm not a saint!

Not much news here. The Furball's claws desperately need to be trimmed, and I have been putting it off. Heat has been insane, and capped off with a short but robust thundershower that has taken down tree branches all over & made the commute home a bit much. I think I'm playing the Sims too much... I'm jealous that Mrs. Sim has a better-looking butt than I do... ('course, she spends more time at the gym).

7. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Rained today, and at the school where I work- the power went out! Glad to see everyone is happy and healthy.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I
    haven't, but my recent trip was the Tirol section of the Camino de Santiago or Jakobsweg.

Jedi Knight Fett and AzureAngel2 like this.
  9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010

I got my mother to come over today to do the joyus task of the furballs' claws. They desperately needed to be done.

In other news, the wheelchair gods hate me. I GOT ANOTHER FORCE-FORSAKEN FLAT. I got my roommate to replace the tube with some super-heavy-duty tubes and we were just lying on the lawn for a bit and we got up to put the wheel back on the wheelchair, and it was flat again. Like I HAVE NO FLIPPING CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON. We actually ended up going to a bike shop and the guy said he thinks it might be something in the actual tire (though I can't see or feel anything) like a small wire in the beading is exposed. But I'm giving up. I'm done. I'm going back to solid rubber tires. I don't care if they have no tread and if they are hard on the butt. I don't have to worry about them.

Chyntuck, AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  10. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Hey everyone I fought the home office and I won! Visa crisis sorted, going to get my family in Heathrow now next stop Tokyo see you all when I get back and settled in. Thanks for all kind words of support. K

11. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Yay! Great news! Keep us posted!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    The boots for my dress arrive today, finally, *glares at amazon for taking their sweet time shipping them* and since my little sister has been watching ST:TNG, I have cancelled my Netflix account so family members are trying to watch what they have been putting off since my parents don't know yet if they're going to open an account, and I was reminded just how appealing the Betazed ceremony could be.

JediMaster_Jen and AzureAngel2 like this.
  13. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    ???

You mean you opened your Netflix account?

Or you canceled your account to prevent TV addiction at your home?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I share my Netflix account with family and because I am getting married (he has an account) I told Netflix not to renew my subscription after this billing period. Since we all have shows we want to watch but have put off this particular sister is doing a TNG marathon (if I didn't want them binge watching i would just change the password, like I have in the past and not said anything).

AzureAngel2 and DARTH_MU like this.
  15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Great news, Kurisan!

Sorry to read about your tire, Briannakin. That totally sucks that it happened again.

Mistress_Renata, there were no challenges before this year. Now that they exist, I am trying to learn to see the life from a different side. Anyway...the first day was marked by extreme drowsiness, but I think my concentration might be improving already. I typed this pretty fast. Or maybe it's placebo, I dunno.

16. yahiko

yahiko Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2015
    Hope you spend a good summer everyone.
    It's night almost here in France. As you can see...
    [​IMG]

Made by myself, or I should say, by my computer @};-

17. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Ooh. That's pretty, yahiko!

yahiko likes this.
  18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Love it!

yahiko likes this.
  19. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    That´s cool yahiko!

Tghis week the semester at university ended and now I´m glad to have holidays. :)
    I´ve also started reading Afthermath and so far I really like it.

yahiko and Ewok Poet like this.
  20. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Do Kenshin and Kaoru know where you are?

21. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    [​IMG]

It's bad I actually knew who they are right?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    No, that's A****aka and San...

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    [​IMG]\

This more your style?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Yeah it is.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    So, I'm under no evacuation order or anything (but parts of the small town where I lived with my father as a kid are, which is unfortunate). However, we are currently getting some really apocalyptic skies, which is mildly disturbing. The whole sky is dark grey., but it is also casting this ethereal orange light, so everything is glowing orange.

If anything, it's working the muse to write some creepy fic.

Lady_Misty, AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.