main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Mega thread: Sequels and spinoff films and the overall saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by anakinfansince1983 , Jun 20, 2017.

1. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001

Well JW Rinzler is doing a Blog on his time at LFL from 2001 to 2015... So I assume when he gets to TFA years we may have an "unofficial" account of the making of this movie anyway...

On the Solo movie, it's hard to see how the thing can be salvaged at this point. Hopefully when it's out of the way they'll give Ron Howard his own project to work on from start to finish.

Seeker Of The Whills likes this.
  2. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    KATHLEEN: Ron, please save this movie!

RON: Alright, but you'll have to let me make one about Kenobi too.

KATHLEEN: Done.

3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Speaking of.
    http://www.jwrinzler.com/blog
    The latest post is about his first meeting with Rick McCallum so we may learn more about the PT too.

G-FETT likes this.
  4. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001

Yep, great read today! :D

5. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013

I actually think the ROTJ relationship between Lucas and Marquand may have been ideal. Lucas doesn't like directing, and the stress of it exacerbated his health conditions. Bringing in a young director to work with Lucas to direct the film would give that director an opportunity to work with a master and learn what it's like to make a huge studio film. At the same time, that director could do the parts of the directing that Lucas doesn't like and help deal with the details. That arrangement would also allow the films to have the same feel and be made in a similar style as the other Saga films were.

6. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    A shame, but probably in LFL's best interests with regard to PR. Watch the RLM PT reviews, a lot of the footage used to damn Lucas & co. in those videos comes from Lucasfilm's own making of documentaries and other special features, such as The Beginning. While I'm sure economic expense played a role in this too, I think LFL has (sadly) realised extensive BTS content is not in their best interests as a production company.[face_dunno]

I think as time goes on it will become increasingly clear that GL's relative willingness to pull back the curtain was the exception, not the rule.

7. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Why would you say that? Have you seen the footage they've shot so far? Know what they still plan to shoot? Read the script? Plenty of films have major production problems & turn out great. While a lot of other movies are made without a hitch & are awful.

Martoto77 likes this.
  8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Comic-Con 2017 Exclusives!

New pics of Comic-Con exclusives! FUNKO, toys, collectibles and more!

9. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Im just recently finding out that these guys were the same people who directed 21 Jump Street the movie. What were Kennedy and Kasdan thinking when they hired these guys in the first place? I remember seeing that preview to 21 Jump Street in the theater and my first reaction was "Uummm, NO." I stayed the hell away from that. I know the movie has gotten a lot of good feedback, but that is not the 21 Jump Street I remember. Not that I remember much, it was my sister that was a fan of the show because of Johnny Depp. But I remember enough that the tone was nothing like that.

10. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002

Well they were hired before the release of TFA, so my guess is that earlier on Lucasfilm was open to being slightly more "experimental" in their approach, especially with the spinoffs. After TFA and a successfully retooled R1, I could see them rethinking an earlier plan for a Han film that was more noticeably off the wall.

11. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Comic-Con 2017 Exclusives Part 3!

New pics of Comic-Con exclusives! Clothes, toys, collectibles and more!

12. Mostly Handless

Feb 11, 2017
    thejeditraitor likes this.
  13. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Rinzler blogs are still an interesting read.

[​IMG]

14. Mostly Handless

Feb 11, 2017
    rpeugh ezekiel22x

Apparently it was Kasdan who initially wanted Lord and Miller to direct the movie, as he though they would bring a comedic touch to his script. Unfortunalty L&M though they were hired to make an L&M movie, which eventually led to the parting of ways a few weeks back.

15. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Han Solo NEW SPOILER Pics! Part 11

Director Ron Howard's pics including Lando's costumes. Plus new SPOILER pics of Han, Chewie and more on set!

Baz Edit: Please put spoiler tags around potential spoilers.

16. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I wonder what topics will be discussed.
    [​IMG]

17. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS D23 and SW LAND Pics!

New pics of D23 exclusives and STAR WARS Land!

Darth Downunder and heels1785 like this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I can't wait. [face_dancing] I just wonder which sets will be in Orlando and which will be in Anaheim.

thejeditraitor and heels1785 like this.
  19. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  20. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    I was wondering if somebody could clear something up for me about the making of Rogue One. So I remember hearing when the film was in production that they had re shoots and people were treating it as a big deal. I thought, well, that's no big deal. Movies have additional shooting and re shoots all the time after they see a rough cut. But recently I heard that
    1. The re shoots were as much as 40% of the film
    2. They used a different director for the re shoots.
    3. You can easily tell which scenes are re shoots because of the difference in cinematography

Is any of this true? Thanks in advance

Mostly Handless likes this.
  21. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    [​IMG]
    Rey's new costume looks more grey-ish here. And the Porgs on R2 is just so cute, they look like normal birds to me mixed with penguins and I nearly missed Snoke in the red smoke. Praetorian Guards looks awesome though.

22. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS The Last Jedi MAJOR SPOILER Pics! Part 70

New MAJOR SPOILER pics from a TLJ Pinball machine toy! Snoke, Luke, Rey, Kylo, R2 and the new creatures, Praetorian Guards, the Executioner Trooper and more!

23. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Man, I can't wait for the Star Wars Theme Parks. A part of me just loves the idea of a park that actually represents a planet in the universe.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011

Looks pretty great, and not a single mention of "practical effects" we're making progress! :p

25. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Looks like Disney has had JW Rinzler's blog shut down? :(

http://www.jwrinzler.com/blog

They must realize that the more they "tighten their grip" the more likely it is that the truth will come out?

DBPirate and Darth Nerdling like this.