main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Battlefront II: Campaign Content (spoiler tags required for DLC story)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Apr 12, 2017.

1. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah. And while it is easy to see the Republic supporters splitting, it get really weird when they have Sepratists as die hard imperials, like the Jabimii nationalists. Or...well, I suppose the Trandos make sense since they mostly just hate wookiees and want more status, so the Empire backing their activities against the pro-jedi wookiees is a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Charlemagne19 likes this.
  2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    What I want from Battlefront II:

A plot very much like Spec Ops: The Line (which Walt Williams wrote) about how an Imperial officer increasingly justifies everything they do in hopes of bringing order to the galaxy and protecting the masses despite how clearly this is UTTERLY INSANE. Spec Ops: The Line did the same with American jingoism, albeit Williams said he wasn't criticizing the US military per se but the fact so many 1st Person Shooters are fairly vile in how they turn real life conflicts into good versus evil. In those games, you massacre hundreds of enemy combatants with the clear awareness you are RIGHTEOUS and the fact they're humans being secondary. Spec Ops: The Line is about how three invincible American soldiers who slaughter their way through a situation in Dubai and make things consistently worse because they want to be heroes and only know how to kill the enemy--even when they're fellow Americans.

I could very easily see a story about Iden becoming an insane military commander who believes the New Republic is EVIL and has turned the galaxy into a hellhole that needs to be liberated while ignoring every crime the Empire has committing and probably committing quite a few more on the way.

Basically, Nash Windrider: The Video Game.

What I EXPECT:

Lots of shooting Rebels.

3. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    It'd be amazing if Nash (and maybe Ciena) made an appearance in the campaign.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Ciena's in jail, but Nash would be good.

5. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Depends on which part of the campaign. She might get a cameo at the Battle of Jakku.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Little off topic, but I read this and looked up some stuff about your book. It sounds really interesting and I'm thinking about reading it--once I catch up on my backlog.

7. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    That would be great if you did. I also know about the backlog business as I'm still trying to get through all my Kindle purchases. I have like twenty. In any case, it is a book influenced by twenty years of Star Wars fandom and debates with Havac, Jello. Cooper, Jedi Ben, and others.

:)

8. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
  9. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
  10. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Every video they put out just makes me more and more excited for this :D

11. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Just gorgeous! Can't wait to play, this will be the first console game I've played in a long time.

Also- can we all just bask in that beauty of that the modified MC80 Liberty-type cruiser? I'm digging those modified hangars underneath. :D

--Adm. Nick

12. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Bruh.

They just namedropped Operation Cinder.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    So one of the Inferno Squad folks, Del, is from Coruscant. Excellent.

14. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Looks good.

I also like how they got actually actors to mo-cap their characters.

Kylun likes this.
  15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
  16. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Not just Operation Cinder. They mentioned Grand Moff Randd from the books. It would be really cool if we see him in the game.

SilentGuy66, Ventrix and Outsourced like this.
  17. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    So Garrick Versio is officially ISB. It's nice to know that they're maintains standardized uniforms.

LelalMekha and Nickname320 like this.
  18. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I hope we're not participating in Operation: Cinder because that's really irredeemably evil.

19. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    I'm hoping for the opposite. People doing bad things because they believe its for a good cause.

20. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Not really my bag in terms of what I want from a game.

I don't ever kill anyone in No Russian for example.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  21. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    This story might not be for you then. If you're familiar with the writer's work, notably Spec Ops: The Line, then moral ambiguity and the descent from good intentions to actual harm are major themes.

But the game isn't out yet, so maybe I'm completely wrong.

MercenaryAce and my kind of scum like this.
  22. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm hoping that Iden actually kills her father for his participation in Operation: Cinder then joins the First Order anyway.

23. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002

Spec Ops The Line is really the main reason that I am excited for the single player campaign of this game. It was just an amazing, unexpected story...

Outsourced likes this.
  24. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Considering that Iden joins the FO and Aftermath makes it pretty clear that the intention of the FO was to correct the mistakes made by the old empire, I imagine that Iden will lose faith in the empire during operation Cinder but jump at the chance to join the first order when she discovers that it's all about "Saving the galaxy from the corrupt new republic" as opposed to destroying everything cos the dead emperor says so.

25. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    But he's also an admiral, so I'm curious how that works.