main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Seems like it.

2. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    MandaloreRex2015 and TetsuAero like this.
  3. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  4. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

Those were actually not his biological kids. They were just adopted by him. It would not even fit timewise, as the kids were already at least several years old, while TCW went on for only few months, year max, at that point.

But I would like to see some hybrid species in Star Wars, like a human/Twi'lek or Twi'lek/Zabrak.

5. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Well we already seen some hybrids. Dathomirian zabraks for example. My guess they have white skin color unlike their Iridonia kin.

6. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015

Never saw them as hybrids. More like just different looking Zabraks. Same as you have differences in the appearance between humans from various parts of the world.

By hybrids I mean persons born from two completely different species, like humans and Twi'leks. If that's even possible biologically...

7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I know the old EU touched on these subjects, but I don't recall anything in the recent new canon material. Yet, I do remember the old EU breaking down inter-species relationships and what was genetically possible.

MrDarth0 likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    In Legends Twi'lek's and Humans could not reproduce, but at the same time this was also contradicted by Cut Lawquane's kids. In legends their biological father was also human.

podjazd likes this.
  9. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    They are hybrids pal. Maul was only half zabrak. Do you remember who was his mother ?

10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm curious about the obsession with hybrids here.

cwustudent likes this.
  11. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Because some people (I admit it - me included) want to see a little co-pilot from Kanan and Hera... [face_love]

cwustudent likes this.
  12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Oh, fan fic. I see. Someone has probably drawn art online :)

13. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    More art and fan fic than you can shake a stick at, but it would be cool to have it happen in canon - and unless someone has full access to season 4 and beyond, there's no telling YET...

14. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    So I was rewatching Visions and Voices and I just figured out what that whole pointless drama on Dathomir was actually about. Maul and Ezra could easily have gotten the knowledge they sought in The Holocrons of Fate. The only reason to draw it out into another episode is to get the Ghost Crew to Dathomir. Where the Darksaber is. The entire episode was Filoni's convoluted way of getting the Darksaber into Sabine's hands so she could wield it against Saxon. Talk about a complex plot mechanism.

cwustudent likes this.
  15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Yep. And it was smart. So far, Rebels has not had any minor plot holes; everything has been properly planned out.

16. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Nope because......

1. It would make no sense. We can't reproduce with the non-human great Apes. So a human having a child with life that is not from the human homeworld, would be very strange.

2. Kanan should be a dead man walking to make sense of OT continuity. I don't want a recreation of the common story of a soldier dying and leaving behind a girlfriend a child.

Star wars shouldn't have natural mixed alien/human babies like star trek has. Unless its through some kind of experiment (which could not create fertile offspring). Human/near-human mixes Im fine with. Then again near-humans could not be considered true aliens, and just another form of Man that has changed over the years because of ancient human space colonization.

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    You're comparing real life genetic reproduction models to a fictional cartoon series. As Pablo said, there is no point comparing real world actions/laws/events to Star Wars.

18. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016

well...
    I love Lom Pyke. and even though I created my OC/FC/self-insert character of the same species {because for me it's the only right way to imagine myself with him},
    I also like to imagine what our hybrid kids would be look like {if it was possible - Pyke x human (not cat)}.
    ~~~
    oh it's rebels thread....
    My dream is too see Lom ressurected in Rebels. Why not?
    they have ressurected Ahsoka in TCW with magic or whatever it was. Idk about SW lore ^⚆ω⚆^

19. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    There's so much wrong with this, I can't even begin.

Rebels - hell the franchise - has already turned OT continuity on it's ear, and Star Wars is full of orphans and half orphans.

What you want and what may happen, could be very different. I WANT a good story. IF Kanan dies, I HOPE it's well done. If Filoni and co 'send him to Alderaan' to retire to get vaped off screen, I'll be very angry at at what I see is a cheap cop out.

[face_rofl]

Trek is not only earth based, but at least is full of pseudo-science (very loosely) - this is your opening argument all over again, applying real world logic to a fantasy.

Let it go and enjoy the ride...
    PS

Pablo confirms...

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It's nothing to get caught up on. For me most species in Star Wars that look human like are probably just a sub species of Humans so it makes sense for them to be able to reproduce. If your talking about species like the Hutts then no it does not make sense to reproduce

21. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Okay let's all move away from talking about reproduction and focus on Rebels again.

DANNASUK and cwustudent like this.
  22. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015

Actually, Maul was a full blooded Dathomirian Zabrak. The Nightsisters were retconned into being a different version of female Zabraks. Basically, the female Ithorian Zabraks have horns, the female Dathomirian Zabraks don't, but instead they have very pale skin. Its not the most elegant retcon in my opinion, but they needed to somehow sort the Zabrak continuity mess some of TCW episodes created.

And I'm not your pal, buddy.

23. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002

I know this board has always had hang ups re the 'S' word, but the Hybrid issue is relevant to the potential future of Rebels - indeed,
    Someone at Reddit was saying that in the episode shown at Celebration, they expanded on Hera and Kanan's conversation, saying it was an 'intimate argument'. They thought it could be either Kanan wanting to re-spark their relationship, or they were talking about having children - the possibility that Hera might be pregnant was considered. Pure speculation, but still.

24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    It really isn't. Rebels has never really focused on personal relationships, unlike TCW, and has kept away from romantic subplots. The main focus has always been the founding of the Rebel Alliance and Imperial politics of the galaxy. Heck, even the dynamic of the crew has briefly been touched on.

So relationships, in whatever context, are irrelevant in Rebels.

Back to pressing matters, when are TheSilentInfluence and I going to get the Dantooine in Rebels?! We want the KoTR music DAMMIT!

MandaloreRex2015 and Vialco like this.
  25. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008