main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What should happen to Imperials post ST?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by StarWarsFan91, Jul 14, 2017.

?

Fate of Imperials post-ST?

1. FO changes into another Empire

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. FO defeated, but leftovers exist, does not recover former power. No other Empire takes their place.

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. FO defeated, leftovers come about, but different Imperial faction takes the stage for power

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. FO is still alive/powerful in the post-ST world. Likley no Snoke though.

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    What should be the fate of the First Order, and should it evolve to another variation of an Empire after the events of the ST? Be destroyed but replaced with another Imperial faction?

Or should this be the last knock off of the Galactic Empire we see in the future? No "Second Order" coming about.

For me, I think the First Order should be the last incarnation of the Galactic Empire. Unlike Legends, I don't want to see a powerful Imperial Empire in the far far future.

The FO can have its time to shine during the events of the ST (maybe few years between ep. 8-9) but since baddies tend to lose in star wars, I predict they will be defeated by Resistance/New Republic.

Giving us survivors in the post-ST world, but as the years go by the leftovers keep falling apart. In this era we see a very desperate people clinging onto a world long gone. No more huge fleets of Imperial star destroyers. We could also see FO tech fall into other hands.

If Disney is going to give us another powerful Empire someday, then it should be an ancient Sith one. No more post First Order ones.

2. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    The First Order survivors should be neatly tried and the guilty executed. That's it.

Ackbar's Fishsticks likes this.
  3. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    The First Order and Republic should make peace with the leaders defeated but the nation remaining.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe the nation would need a certain amount of "de-Imperialization" in the aftermath of its defeat.

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    We've been here before. Mercy was shown to the Empire, as those who swore to never need it pleaded for it.

What happened? Everyone knows what happened, so this time around:

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    You should add on the poll

Do you consider FO the Empire?

Is there a Imperial Guerilla Force?

7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    If it was up to me, they'd end up like the Browncoats in Firefly. They've paid the price for supporting the losing side, and now they're trying to build new lives for themselves, but they face a lot of antipathy from many people, especially people who lost loved ones to the Empire.

8. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    The Empire is the cobblestones on the road to the First Order's glory.

DARTH_MU likes this.
  9. DarthKuriboh

DarthKuriboh Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2007
    hopefully we get more of an Empire not ruled by force users, and instead conquers the so called "new republic" from within and without, due to the weakness in the new republic's powerless "government"

10. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    Mass execution.

I'm killing... uh, I mean kidding. Kidding. Mostly.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    realistically if the government that take over by destroying FO or Empire (I refuse to believe FO is the Empire, I blame Charlemagne for convincing me thus), they need to destroy the FO/Empire utterly by killing everyone, that includes the children. If someone survives, you are just asking for trouble down the road. They always come back for revenge. You want to destroy the FO pr Empire? You better do a good job and finish it.

12. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    The bloodlust in this thread is mildly disturbing.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Sarge likes this.
  13. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Making the good guy government intentionally kill children is not a good idea.

Sarge, Iron_lord and Darth_Duck like this.
  14. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    A certain poster a die hard Palpatinist who was driven mad by the death of the Emperor that he will destroy the galaxy in revenge.

Either that or we've gotten so far in our Imperial apologia we have to go to TARKIN WAS RIGHT lengths to be shocking.

It's why I decided to drop my First Order fandom. The irony was lost from my joke for too many posters.

15. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    fixed

16. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I'm done with good guys. Greyness will prevail!

17. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I think the First Order should be allowed to live. Show something about mercy. Completely wiping out the Empire was part of the reason the FO formed in the first place. If the NR were to slaughter the group a new faction would take its place. There would probably be a Restored Empire type situation at some point, but If the EU says anything, most Imperials would be content with peace.

18. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    The average joe on the street of Imperial controlled world agrees.

The Navy and the army personnel disagrees.

19. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    More seriously, I'm half convinced that Snoke wants a dark Republic.

He apparently doesn't care too much about losing the Starkiller. Why? Because it is no longer needed, it has killed trillions and severely pissed off the Republic, job done. The next part will be encouraging the NR to annihilate the FO completely so ensuring the victory of the Dark Side.

BigAl6ft6 and Jester J Binks like this.
  20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I. What Imperials?

II. I have to imagine the FO and their bankrupt ideology would be thoroughly discredited.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    In Episode IX, The First Order Starkiller Base II climatic explosion will be so immense it'll also immediately vaporize any and all First Order fleets and even people just hanging out a bar a few systems away.

DARTH_MU likes this.