main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Poe Dameron: Flight Log (replica journel)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Nov 7, 2016.

1. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Honestly, unlike the other books in Studio Fun's in-universe journal series there is very little new info or character insights in this one. It basically recaps Shattered Empire, Poe's story from Before the Awakening, and TFA, with a very brief mention of events of the first story arc of the Poe Dameron comic book, all told from an in-universe point of view - communications, Poe's pilot logs, datafiles, etc. so if you've already read those stories there isn't much added to them. I think the biggest thing we learn is that Poe had his Black Squadron X-wing stashed at his parents' home on Yavin 4 and picked it up from there immediately after leaving Jakku. It's not necessarily a bad book at all, it's simply aimed at younger readers who may not have read Before the Awakening or Shattered Empire so set your expectations accordingly.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've ordered books from the US site to ship to the UK before and haven't had any problems. Yes, you won't get free shipping doing that but if you want it bad enough...
    The process isn't as simple with other things like toys due to licensing issues.

3. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

What about ranks for the other pilots, callsigns, astromechs, home worlds? Maybe a couple of interesting images?

4. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    There are call signs for the characters we see in the film. As far as images go, it's mostly stills from TFA but now that I'm home and looking through the book, there's a pretty cool foldout with some very nice images of a Z-95 Headhunter. I might have undersold the amount of interesting material in here earlier, now that I'm giving it a second look. Poe reminisces about his childhood on Yavin 4 in one segment.

5. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006

Tell, tell!!!

6. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Poe recalls going with his father on hikes through the jungle, and how Kes could go on long hikes without breaking a sweat and could track woolamanders by scent, "just for fun." Poe describes him further as the "toughest and kindest soldier I've ever known." He is apparently still alive at the time of TFA. Poe recalls another incident where he attached a pair of podracer engines to something called a "koyo picker" in order to accelerate his chores, which he did, at the cost of accidentally singeing the "Jedi tree" Luke Skywalker gave his mother in Shattered Empire.

Call signs: Snap is Blue Leader, Yolo Ziff is Blue Two, Jess Pava is Blue Three, Nien Nunb is Red Three, Ello Asty is Red Six.

7. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006

Any new info for those pilots. Snap is from Akiva, Jess is from Dandoran, Nien Nunb is from Sullust and Ello Asty is from Abenendo (can't remember how to spell it atm lol). What about Ziff? Also what about astromechs?

8. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Good for Snap!

Oh, the irony.

9. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    Okay, whoever has this, please tell me - does it mention Yolo Ziff's homeworld at all??!!

10. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    No, in fact I don't believe Yolo Ziff even gets a mention in the book, unfortunately.

11. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006

Someone told me that Yolo Ziff's callsign "Blue Two" came from this book, so that means he was.

12. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    The only thing I remember doing anything with Yolo Ziff was Propaganda (which was hilarious, incidentally) - maybe it was from there?

13. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I'd love to know more about Yolo ZIff's history as a propaganda artist. We have a lot of X-Wing pilots, but not a ton of propaganda artists.

14. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    No. His name, call sign, species, gender and astromech get listed (the four other pilots have all of that and homeworlds)'

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

15. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006

Pity. I wonder why his homeworld was left out?

He seems like he could be from Corellia or even Hosnian Prime.