main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Kelly Marie Tran (Rose Tico) in TLJ

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Feb 15, 2016.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    DJ's ship has been described as fancy so I wonder if it could be a First Order ship of some kind. Perhaps stolen by DJ from someone in the upper echelon of the First Order which allows Finn and Rose to get aboard the Star Destroyer along with whatever it is they get from the slicer.

2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

Remember that QGJ just needed a Hyperdrive part for the Nubian ship and that led them to freeing the Chosen One from slavery? Not everything has to be planned beforehand.

3. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
  4. Darth Imbecillis

Darth Imbecillis Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2016

John's stunt double is Karanja Yorke, and I think he has lighter skin than the man in this still. But it could of course be dark lighting, or else it could be another stand-in. Hard to say either way because it's so blurry.

Or it might not be Finn at all. Perhaps the FO are simply executing people who have sided with the Resistance. Which would be... dark. But then I can't see any way to spin that instrument of execution that is non-dark.

5. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Could be one of the "Grizzlies" that goes to bomb with Finn and Rose.

6. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000

I think Ridley had three or four different stand ins during TFA so it would not be unusual for Boyega to have the same. There's a lot of setting up required for these scenes so it's not wise to have the actors sitting (or in this case kneeling) for protracted lengths of time.

7. Troopa212

Troopa212 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2016
    You all realize it's possible for more than one black guy to exist in the Star Wars universe at a time, right? Anyway, I'm guessing it's a random prisoner.

Jo Lucas and IncessantRamblings like this.
  8. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    He is such a badass, and she seems vulnerable. Johnson, wanting to be unpredictable, could have both pull a switcheroo.

9. Sgt. Carver

Sgt. Carver Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2015
    From a distance he looks like he's in FO officer uniform. I don't think Phasma runs a routine execution of treacherous officers on Snoke's ship. This isn't business as usual. It most likely Finn and Rose after they're caught.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  10. Darphus_Mon

Darphus_Mon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 23, 2003
    That makes sense. These routine/ritual executions would explain Phasma's new pike weapon. Something she uses for just such an occasion.

11. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    Ok, so I'm reading this post on reddit:

[​IMG]

Speaking of Rose, here’s a cool shot of her from the sizzle reel. We can’t be sure, but that looks like the ramp leading up to the Millennium Falcon behind her. However, since the Falcon is on Ahch-To at the beginning of the movie and presumably remains in the hands of Rey and Chewie throughout

The Last Jedi

, that would mean this shot would have to be taking place later in the movie when our heroes have had a chance to reunite. Of course, there’s a chance that’s just a ramp into another ship instead. What I’m wondering is how Rose gets caught up with our heroes in the battle against the First Order. A couple shots from the sizzle reel might hold the answer.

I've seen suggestion that ship could be DJ's Fancy. But Flacon option is more intriguing.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but is her hair styled a bit differently here? EDIT: I'm not wrong, it's a different hairstyle, this is Third Act (Crait) Rose. It doesn't appear that she has a ponytail and her sides are not loose like in these shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I'm going to speculate that the image is from the third act, when she and Finn return from SSD. She changes back to her old clothes, Finn changes into gunner ones. Sitting on the MF ramp could mean that Rey, Finn, Poe and Rose will take off together.

12. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I'm sold that that could be Rose crying by the MF in Act III. I'm thinking possibly a goodbye scene with Finn? It seems like a strange location to have a grief scene over her sister if she tags along on the MF. That could occur en route, or when she chooses to tag along. Standing outside a ship in a hangar implies to me that someone is going and someone is staying.

13. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    hana solo That's definitely the Falcon's ramp. We know it's on the MC Cruiser so this shot is after Canto Bight presumably (unless Luke tells Chewie and Artoo to leave 10 minutes into the movie).

14. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016

The shot is after SSD. Different hair. She has the same hair on DQ, CB and SSD but this is a new do. Also, MF could have been transferred to Crait. It doesn't matter cause it shows that Rose survives SSD. But it's definitely the third act. With some little timejump cause of her new hair style. I have a theory what the scene is.

15. RandomGreyJ

RandomGreyJ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    I swear first it was "what if KMT is a double agent!" and now it's all "what if Rose dies?"

Like why does everyone hate her character lol

16. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016

She doesn't die and not everyone hates her. She's adorable.

17. mlsw

mlsw Jedi Knight star 3

May 30, 2017
    I believe these are 2 different moments.

A- MF: she's wearing the necklace, she's crying and her hair are up

[​IMG]

B- Not the MF, she's holding the necklace in her hands and her hair are down

[​IMG]

Problem is, what comes first? I believe B can come first and at the end of the C.B. mission.
    Hair look different than any other pic, true.
    But in the MF pic, the hair look braided.
    In the second one, perhaps the hair just got a bit loos if you compare that picture to this one

[​IMG]

However, they're for sure two different scenes.

18. Kthru12

Kthru12 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 4, 2016
    This is probably Rose on Crait in the 3rd Act. On the far left of the shot you can even see that the ground behind the Falcon is white.

19. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    mlsw All scenes with hair down are before the updo. So Rose crying on th stairs with her hair down comes first. Likely crying for Paige.

Rose with updo sitting on the MF rail and looking sad/crying is later. She wouldn't randomly sit there so my guess is that she's waiting for someone who's going to board the MF. Very likely Finn. Very likely the emotional moment where she admits her feelings be it to Finn or to Rey/other about Finn. It looks like she can't go for some reason. But yes, I don't think they'd stage a sad scene by MF if MF won't be in use.

mlsw likes this.
  20. nagajuna

nagajuna Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 5, 2016
    Emotional feelings to Finn or Rey about Finn?

21. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    Rose speaking to Finn or Rose confessing to Rey her feelings about Finn. But very likely it's Rose and Finn. Like, nothing else makes much sense.

22. nagajuna

Feb 5, 2016
    Why would she tell Rey about finn wouldn't that moment be exclusive between her and Finn

23. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    That's why I'm certain it's Rose and Finn. But lets play along. Lets say Rose can't go with rey, Finn, Poe, BB8 on MF and Rey comes to get MF ready and Rose is, like, please keep my Finn safe, I love him so much! But it's most likely her saying that to Finn. I don't know but her sitting place is not random. Someone's going up in MF and she was waiting or came to talk or whatever.

24. nagajuna

Feb 5, 2016
    I thought Rian johnson said that there wasn't going to be a no one to one equivalent to Han and Leia in this movie and that romance wasn't going to play a central part?

25. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    In a surprise twist, it's Rose telling Finn that she misses her friend space horse. :(