main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Ewoks vs Gungans...who would win? (NOT a bashing thread!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by darth_mccartney, Jul 16, 2017.

?

Ewoks vs Gungans...who would win?

1. Ewoks

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Gungans

11 vote(s)
    68.8%
  1. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    A fun but genuine question! Who do you think would emerge victorious if the Ewok army came up against the Gungan army?

2. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Ewoks. Unless the Gungans shoot one of their own generals first. You know which one.

3. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I say it depends on the terrain. Open fields or water; Gungans. Woods; Ewoks.
    Mountains? Your guess is as good as mine.

J7Luke and Anakin.Skywalker like this.
  4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Yeah this is pretty much what I was thinking. Gungans have the better weaponry but as we saw in ROTJ if the Ewoks can neutralize that in a setting they are familiar with.

5. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Yeah depends on terrain. Pure forest? Probably Ewoks. Marshlands and wetlands? Probably Gungans.

I'd give my point to the Gungans as they held their own in a conventional battle between the brunt of the Trade Federation's Droid forces and their weaponry helped. If both the Ewoks and Gungans were in a guerrilla war, that'd be interesting.

Jedi Knight Fett and J7Luke like this.
  6. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    They wouldn't fight each other. They would team up and conquer the galaxy.

Jester J Binks, Gobi-1 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'd take the Ewoks in almost every terrain (they swarm, dammit!) except for underwater, then the Ewoks would probably just flail about and drown while the Gungans picked them off. But, seriously, double down on Ewoks in almost anything except that. They're just tenacious! And they EAT people who aren't of their species and use their helmets as bongos. That's just mean!

J7Luke likes this.
  8. J7Luke

J7Luke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 30, 2017
    I think I would go with Ewoks. Here is my reasoning:

Gungan shields would be useless because the Ewoks don't use energy weapons. Gungan "boomas" would be difficult to use because ewoks are small and relatively agile targets. This leaves the Gungans with only those spear things. On the other hand, Ewoks use tactics that work against any enemy, dropping rocks, using spears, setting traps, etc. In other words, I think that the Gungans, similar to the Empire, would be unprepared for the unorthodox fighting style of Ewoks. (Not to mention Ewoks prey on clumsiness *cough* Jar Jar *cough*.)

I will say this, I think that Ewoks are much better defensive fighters than they are offensive fighters. They rely heavily on using the environment to their advantage as well as using traps. But since Ewoks are confined to their forest, it seems likely that this hypothetical battle would have to take place on the Forest Moon of Endor rather than on Naboo.

If the too groups met on neutral ground (which makes no sense, but then again, neither does this whole concept, lol) then I would give the win to Gungans on wide open spaces and underwater (obviously), and to Ewoks everywhere else. Since most planets in the known Star Wars universe have at least some areas that aren't wide open spaces, that means Ewoks would win most of the time.

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. The Gungans are more intelligent except for Jar Jar

10. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

This gets very close to bashing.

11. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    That may be apparent. But that has to do with their vague similarity with bipedal humanoids and broken english. It is not really a marker of intelligence though.

Jar Jar certainly acts less intelligent than the rest of the Gungans. But I think comparison is just as difficult.

The Ewoks throw a better party, IMO. With better music (pre 1997).

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The Ewoks also eat their spoils of war. No indication the Gungans did.

13. Steve McGarrett

Steve McGarrett Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 1, 2017
    Home turf wins. It's like the Killer Whale v African Elephant. :p

14. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    This is a lock for the Ewoks. Quite the mismatch. It will be a slaughter. And then a feast.