main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Star Wars: On The Front Lines

Discussion in 'Literature' started by King of Alsakan, Jan 13, 2016.

1. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007
    We could easily get a From a Certain Point of View book for the 40th anniversary of ESB that includes exactly this. Written by Stackpole, if there is any justice in this world.

2. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    :_|

TheRedBlade likes this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    If I can ignore Piell in Coruscant Nights, I can ignore Hobbie in On The Front Lines.

Following the intent of the script - translates to me as making sure we don't copy Legends. Shrug.

We'll see. They've been vague about killing Madine, but I doubt Wedge will last. It feels like testing the waters - slowly but surely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vncredleader likes this.
  4. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007
    I REALLY want Wedge to be the commander of the Republic fleet, but that probably means he was killed at Hosnian Prime. Unless he jumped to hyperspace at the last minute like BSG's Admiral Cain aboard the Pegasus....

5. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I would like to point out that Wedge's actor was invited to be in the Resistance's command as a general but he turned it down.

6. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004

He was also at the last Star Wars Celebration (for the first time ever) and was flabbergasted by how many fans Wedge had and seemed quite pleased with the whole experience. I would not be surprised if he changed his mind. And I would be THRILLED if Wedge showed up in Episode IX. Because of that, I don't see Wedge dying in any of the books/comics until the sequel trilogy is finished. I mean, he made it through Aftermath relatively unscathed...

7. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    That would be so fantastic if Denis Lawson came back in part to seeing how many Wedge fans there are.

vncredleader likes this.
  8. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm an avid EU fan and truly miss the books from yester year. This new, organized, cohesive star wars is a bit bland for my taste, and yes, for a book that is suppose to cover front lines, very little from the 108 clone wars aired episode series is covered. Don't get me wrong, and in no way is this an attack on Dan Wallace. I bought the book and like it, and think that he did a great job, but, whats missing is all those campaigns I got use to from the prior EU universe. Everything from novels, comic books, video games, and animation. It's hard, reading all those prior books to reading a much more blander version.

9. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

He was at Celebration and he appeared to be coming round to the idea of returning.

Denis Lawson is from an age where an actor comes in, does his thing, then moves on. He probably hasn't exposed himself enough to the fandom until recently to realise that despite everything, he'll be remembered even if it was for one role.

10. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I lost Hobbie, if I lose Wedge the world will flood with my tears. Like seriously right as I was getting more and more excited for the new eu it kicked me in the balls. I mean I am not gonna jump ship but I am a bit disheartening. if Wedge is in ep 8 as a reveal though I will go crazy with joy. I do have hope, just mostly cynical sometimes

On a bright note I really badly wanna pick this book up when I have the money oh and i bought the middle 2 Rogue X-wing books again so Hobbie lives on that way

11. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    EU Wedge was great, but he had the same problem as the EU Big Three--his OT status quo got dragged out to the point of absurdity because we wanted more and more Rogue Squadron stories. If the new canon means he actually gets to live out the thirty-year jump in a relatively uneventful admiralty I'm okay with that.

12. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

That he was still flying a starfighter in FOTJ was, perhaps, stretching it.

TheRedBlade likes this.
  13. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Even in the EU Ackbar was begging him to accept a promotion what, a few years after Endor?

Iron_lord and Revanfan1 like this.
  14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The random appearance of Wedge and the crew in Outcast was fun, but Stele was an even more random moment.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  15. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Wait a minute... I'm told that Kneesaa, of all people, is mentioned in the book? :eek:
    [​IMG]

16. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Oh yeah I certainly want him to have some peace, god knows he's earned it. I just don't want him to be totally gone from the Resistance era. Put him in a command position or something. I keep advocating for him to be in charge of getting the split up NR fleet combined as was planned by Mothma in case of emergencies.

17. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    She is! Worked with Kes Dameron during the battle of Endor. ;)

--Adm. Nick

18. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

Really?! That is awesome. I wonder if she and Wicket's relationship will be canonised again :D

Any tidbits about the Battle of Endor? (I get my book anytime between now and next fortnight).

Sinrebirth likes this.
  19. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Cool. Worked how? Any more details than that?

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Hah. Good point. I love Wedge and want to see Lawson in Episode 9 as much as possible, but not as a pilot. I hope he had a nice desk job or retirement and got reactivated. I suspect most of the old guys working with Leia were like that.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

21. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Admiral Antilles.

Revanfan1, Voltron64, Vthuil and 2 others like this.
  22. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
  23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    If only Gejjen had handed Antilles the secret Corellian fleet. We'd have seen Admiral Antilles in action, instead of Corellia messing everything up at Hapes.

24. Dan Wallace

Dan Wallace Author: Essential Atlas, Essential Guides, RPG star 3 VIP

Aug 17, 1998
    I was this close to making it Latara.

25. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    What made you opt for Kneesaa in the end? The fact that she already had canonical mentions in Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know and Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded?