main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics The Screaming Citadel (One-Shot, Star Wars #31-32, Doctor Aphra #7-8) (5/5 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Mar 17, 2017.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Screaming Citadel Part 5 of 5 was never on the cover to begin with when the issues were solicited months ago

[​IMG]

This is odd, if only Marvel editors checked this thread *ahem* and gave us an answer!

vncredleader likes this.
  2. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Again the smile or snarl from his Master. “You were a traitor, were you not, Lord Vader?”

Vader’s breathing caught on the hook of sudden anger. “What did you say?”

“To the Jedi. To Padmé. To Obi-Wan. To all those you loved.”

His Master turned to look at him, his eyes reflecting the flames.
    Vader didn’t know the answer his Master wanted to hear, so he simply answered the truth.

"Yes”.

-Lords of the Sith by Paul S. Kemp

Vader never understands true loyalty. He's selfish and thinks only about himself. As all Sith do.

3. I like this version of Luke
    [​IMG]

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Looks like he needs a pair of spats to go with that get up.

5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

A Luke that speaks Spanish, you mean? Sure, that'd be different. Actually, I hope Luke only speaks Spanish for all of TLJ. ;)

In all seriousness, though, yeah, that's a nice getup.

6. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Ha maybe he pulls an X-23 and spends the first 2 acts without speaking and then suddenly starts yelling in spanish at Rey

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    We know about Luke Skywalker's Spanish Mode now. Muhahaha.

Revanfan1 and vncredleader like this.
  8. The Ganner

The Ganner Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2015
    Honestly didn't like this series that much, but It's weird to me that they don't ship Screaming Citadel #1 with the orders through mail. One of the reasons i'm switching to getting star wars exclusively though my LCBS

9. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Finally read Part 5.

I liked the art in it, but it felt like the whole story got wrapped up too quickly.

Nice to see Leia act in a normal way thou. Wonder if that was in reaction to all the fan backlash to how Marvel portrayed Leia in the past.

Really liked Luke's parting words to Aphra as well.

10. Sorry im speak in spanish :oops:

11. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I wouldn't be surprised if Leia's attitude was portrayed as a result of Alderaan and the resulting stress of the Rebellion almost falling apart at every step of the way.

MrDarth0, Daneira and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah Gillen definitely makes a note of Leia's extremely aggressive tendencies in his issues and now that he's taking over the main book I hope that'll be addressed further.

MrDarth0 and Vialco like this.
  13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I remember one of the Annual issues making a point of how she's coming to see herself as a monster, of sorts.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Finally got around to reading this arc, it was pretty decent I thought, reminded me a bit of the old comics. I honestly wish it had been a bit longer, the whole thing felt a bit rushed, especially the conclusion. Adding another issue or 2 to the story and fleshing out some stuff a bit more I think could have made this a really good crossover.

Jedha John likes this.