main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Star Wars: Inferno Squad

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Watch...someone you pew pewed will have a significant role in some other work.

You're basically advocating for cannon anarchy...

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Especially when light side endings used to Canon and we're playing an Imperial who appears to join the FO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    But the whole "Light Side ending is canon" applied to games that had some kind of RPG elements. As far as BFII is concerne, there probably won't be alternate endings.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The light side ending is where you die and lose the level.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

cdgodin, revan772, Vthuil and 6 others like this.
  5. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    UNLESS my crazy theory from the BFII thread turns out to be true.

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yep, digital download on PSN.

7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Few games are able to offer that. RPGs are known for it but even there few have really pulled it off.

If anything BF2 'story' will be closer to the corridor style that Uncharted is known for.

LelalMekha likes this.
  8. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I agree on all counts....

Like where they went with Lux and was sorry when Iden shot him....only to find out in the epilogue she stunned him. Would be very interesting to see where he can go from here. Not overused but used enough to give us a real life story for him. Possibly leader of Onderon after Endor/Jakku.

Iden and Del...in that moment when the question was asked and 'not' answered....made me think of a future for those crazy kids.

Hask...I would not shed any tears if he dies a horrible death.

9. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

Hask seems like a bit of cardboard cutout Imperial villain, but Iden's reaction to his brutality was great. The handling of Lux was very well-judged; leaving him as a variable was fascinating idea!

10. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    As a non-game, I do feel a little annoyed I won't get this story unless I play the game. That being said, there are some pretty decent YouTube movies of people sort of cutting together a "movies from the events of games.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

11. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    So....just throwing this out there....Battlefront III: Twilight vs Inferno.

cdgodin, Larsonator, revan772 and 3 others like this.
  12. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I actually preferred Twilight Company to this book

TC actually felt like the gameplay of battlelfront had been condensed down into a book and gave a in depth look at the grunts on the front lines.

Inferno Squad is pretty much a tie in to the campaign of the new game, other than that it has no business having the "Battlefront" label on the cover

Just my opinion

13. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    I found it a bit disappointing.

Was expecting something akin to the trailers we got. For a Battlefront book with a black ops team there's not much battle in it. The story itself was ok but it's not what I wanted to read about a group of elite soldiers.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  14. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Which bit was that?

Maybe?

15. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    In the epilogue when..

he asked her about her blaster being on stun and she went "shhh" and him telling her he was thinking how to get Piikow treatment. It showed they both still had their humanity.

16. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016

Oh, that. Got it.

17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The objective was achieved without
    killing him, to be fair. The entire group would erase itself shortly, and it was done. A slaughterhouse doesn't stop martyrdom - them killing each other does.

18. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    I'm in two minds about Iden's apparent decision not to kill Lux. I initially thought seemed a little dangerous, but he's not inclined towards violence in the same way as the others. I'd like to see him appearing in a very different situation later in the war ... assuming Iden didn't actually kill him.

19. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    That's a clever bit, didn't notice it at first but it makes sense.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It's the difference between a smart and ethical person and a nut job. Imperial or not.

21. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    And it highlighted the contrast between Iden and Hask. I hope we'll see some conflict between them in Battlefront 2; it's hard to know how they'll use the drama Golden created.

22. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Think there's any chance they'll do a straight up novelization of the game? Love the characterization in this book, and it'd be really interesting to see how the squad and characters had developed, post-ROTJ.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It'd probably be quicker and easier for them to take the game movies and just edit them into one film, with a DVD/BR release ala FF Kingsglaive.

24. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    But we already know the quicker/easier path is the path to the dark side...

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    ...but the campaign is in the game? And it's a key part of the game's marketing?

I think you're saying that you wanted more action/infantry stuff and fair enough, we each like whatever we like. But I don't think that it's mistitled as a BF2 tie-in, because it still is one?

Missa ab iPhona mea est.