main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Ignorance is Bias: The Diversity Manifesto

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Palizinha

Palizinha Jedi Master star 1

Jul 12, 2015
    I love All Clones and that includes Boba Fett. I think there could be a lot fun to be done with post-TCW Boba, and I did enjoy him in TCW - he's a bit childish and annoying, but then again so was I when I watched TCW.

But this wasn't about Boba Fett so much as it was about people being unable to deal with the idea that someone finds a character they think is cool boring. The entire thing was ridiculous, and more childish than said TCW Boba.

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    TCW Boba being a bit of a loser was okay by me because that was the point - the problem was that we never got to see the conclusion of his growth into a real bounty hunter.

I dunno, I always kind saw him as bi.

CooperTFN and Revanfan1 like this.
  3. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Open Seasons will always make Jango the better of the two in my mind.

BobaMatt, CooperTFN and Revanfan1 like this.
  4. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    I agree...the continued development of Boba would be cool to see... including whatever happened to him after the Sarlac...if anything.

But I think we need to also recognize what may be the best ever Boba: Robot Chicken. For sure!

I never considered Jango's sexual orientation...but that's a pretty interesting topic...and actually relevant to this thread. But I don't think we have much textual evidence...other than he preferred to procreate via a clone and not... sexually.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

CooperTFN likes this.
  5. Palizinha

Palizinha Jedi Master star 1

Jul 12, 2015
    The other example we have of someone wanting a clone son was the same-sex couple in the Lando comic, so....

CooperTFN likes this.
  6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Asexual or sterile were always my thoughts on why he wanted a cloned son.

Edit: Actually, that's what it developed into over time, but originally (so I was, like, eight years old?) for some reason I thought either A, Jango's wife must have died before she gave him a son and so he didn't want to get remarried so he just wanted a clone son instead, or B, he was so busy being a bounty hunter he never had time to settle down and actually get married, so he just wanted a son. Again, I was a kid. So...

7. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Jesus you make me feel old... LOL

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Wow, I can't believe how on-topic we are today.

Anyway, this is sort of my take on Boba nowadays:

But at the same time, I don't think anything in the OT necessitates as much "growth" as people think. The way I see it, Jango was a well-rounded character, relatively speaking, who had warm relationships, relatively speaking, with people like Zam (and Roz and the Mandos in the EU), but Boba was too young to get that--he only saw Jango as the badass bounty hunter. So he grows up to emulate that ten-year-old conception of what Jango was at the expense of becoming a full person in his own right. You could even go further and say he's not as good of a bounty hunter as Jango was specifically because he wasn't as well-rounded--he didn't know human nature, so to speak.

That's the kind of adult Boba story I'd like to see, but if what ends up happening is hyper-badass 90s Boba with no inner life at all, eh, I can live without it.

9. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002

Done!

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I will have to diagree, he is shown to be a highly competent hunter in ESB. Now, how that later translated into him being able to outfight anyone in the OEU I don't know.
    [​IMG]
    If that's how Jango ends warm relationships, I don't want to see how he ends bad ones

Barriss_Coffee and vncredleader like this.
  11. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    RELATIVELY SPEAKING

12. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
  13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Even the primary DC account posted a huge milkshake group photo today--it's really taken off.

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Maybe of interest https://bloggingheads.tv/videos/45134 I don't agree with all that they say but the make some interesting points

Relatively to what? Lijah Cuu?

15. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Relative to the life of a bounty hunter/mercenary.

CooperTFN likes this.
  16. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Because they're not distributed in the English-speaking world, they're rarely mentioned, but I'd like to point out that the Star Wars Rebels comics written by Martin Fisher and Jeremy Barlow are very good at showcasing diversity. Take the most recent story, "The Final Round"; although it's only 12 pages long, it features more than 20 different species! Granted, this one takes place in an intergalactic prison, where that kind of diversity is to be expected. But many of these Rebels stories have cool crowd scenes that are pretty diverse.

Just look at how diverse and colorful (in addition to being plain cool) this page is:
    [​IMG]

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Is that an Italian artstyle I see?

18. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    The artist is German, actually. It's Ingo Römling--and I think his style is absolutely gorgeous.

tatooinesandworm and Gamiel like this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    My mistake then. Fully agree on the gorgeous part.

20. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    [face_not_talking]

Iron_lord likes this.
  21. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Well, because it's intergalactic, prisoners come from a vast array of worlds. 'Twas all I meant.

Gamiel and vncredleader like this.
  22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I made an abortive attempt at learning German in college. I'm starting to wonder if I should give it another go the more of those comics that I see.

23. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Well technically it's intragalactic. :p

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I was able to teach myself some basics using a language program, but it's my fourth language so I was already familiar with the basics of learning a nonnative language. I would love to take some further courses.

PCCViking likes this.
  25. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Das wäre toll.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

anakinfansince1983 likes this.