main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Even More Magniloquent New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    i think it would be amusing if luke and snoke have been in communication. though i would imagine it more as being enemies rather than luke being snoke's secret boss or something. snoke could call up, taunt luke about recent events. it's like being pen pals.

2. Darphus_Mon

Darphus_Mon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 23, 2003
    Yup, I think that was me. We talked about the hats quite a bit. Thanks for remembering!

Here's a thought, if Luke's temple was on Jedha, what are the chances that someone was supposed to take Rey to Jedha but messed up and took her to Jakku?

IncessantRamblings likes this.
  3. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    yes, please not something terrible like that. [face_sick] It would ruin everything for me beyond a chance of redemption. :(

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  4. Jacques who

Jacques who Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 18, 2017
    Like the intergalactic version of agreeing to meet up at Starbucks but accidentally going to one across the street from the one your friend is at?

If someone was willing to take a kid to Like, I don't think they'd just get to Jakku and be like 'Well, Luke's not here so this blowfish dude will do.' Whoever left Rey was hiding her from someone to protect her or to keep her from someone else.

5. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    the person who left rey on jakku knew it was another 5 letter j-word. what they didn't know was that luke isn't very good at these sorts of word puzzles and that he's never been able to make it onto wheel of fortune.

J _ _ _ _

RSTLNE?

6. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Jedha and Jakku are practically right next to each other. If people were in a rush leaving Jedha, it's possible they dropped her off on Jakku as it was the closest planet on the way.

7. Jacques who

Apr 18, 2017
    Ah! I did not realize that. I missed that if someone mentioned it before. That makes way more sense.

8. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    That is very interesting, that and the welcome to cloud city post card [face_thinking]

9. Jacques who

Apr 18, 2017
    So was Lor San Tekka in possession of Luke's map possibly because Luke was getting the heck outta Dodge (Jedha) and he was conveniently close by? Or was LST possibly even there keeping an eye on Jedha?

10. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

The map was to the first Jedi temple, not Luke. But since Luke went there, it led to him.

LST had it since he was part of the Church of the Force.

11. Dark Horse

May 15, 2016
    Going back to the lightsaber relay theory was Maz with the clan? Long ago fuzzy memory flashback here, I may have it wrong. Someone was showing the 'clan' how to use it?

oncafar likes this.
  12. Darphus_Mon

Aug 23, 2003
    How about a young Ben Solo trying to do a "good deed" and takes his dad's ship and this young girl and ditches them both on Jakku. Tells his father and uncle he took them to Jedha and they were both stolen. He took the ship to hide Rey, on Luke's orders, but disobeys for Snoke.

No one in his family would have reason to doubt him.

13. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

Because we know Ducain stole the Falcon from Han, then the Irving Boys stole it from him, and then Plutt got it. The Han Solo Journey to TFA book is where he meets Ducain, so that's all canon.

14. Darphus_Mon

Aug 23, 2003
    Does it say when and how Ducain stole it? ;)

15. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    tatooine and geonosis are practically right next to each other. jakku and jedha are in completely different regions (inner and mid rims respectively).

http://imgur.com/DiQRKEJ

16. Dark Horse

May 15, 2016
    Rey Toribota

Rey of starlight who brings victory to the water carriers :p[face_laugh]

oncafar likes this.
  17. MichaelSkellig

MichaelSkellig Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    It''s always seemed odd to me that the Falcon and Rey were on the same planet and close to each other. How long ago did the Falcon get stolen?

18. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

That's not an official map. The map in the Star Wars Galactic Atlas that came out after Rogue One shows that they're right next to each other:
    [​IMG]

19. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    what if Kylo has nothing to do with Rey's past

General_Leia_Organa likes this.
  20. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    interesting. i like the idea of rey having a connection to jedha. it's another desert world like jakku (she's never seen so much green in her entire life) and the clan member helmets looked a bit like ones in RO.

21. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

It's the same exact helmet.

22. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    I assume you mean Kylo/Ben? Do you mean that whatever happened to both were not connected somehow? Or just that they never met?

Darphus_Mon

Where would the "Stay here. I'll come back, sweetheart. I promise." fit in?

23. Dark Horse

May 15, 2016
  24. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001

This is MakingStarWars's shooting schedule version of the flashback that they posted in February 2015

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/02/f...-be-up-to-before-star-wars-the-force-awakens/
    • Interior Day Roses’s Pub – There is a secret underground chamber and Rose begins her tale to Han, Rey, and Finn. They hold hands.
    • Flashback: Interior Night at Academy – Dead bodies are on the ground. Luke turns up.
    • Flashback: Exterior Dusk at the Afkcademy – It is noted it is peaceful now. Artoo-Detoo is saddened as his master departs.
    • Flashback: Exterior Day at the Savannah – A hand that takes the sword at the start of the film is revealed to be Naka’s hand.
    • Flashback: Exterior on the Savannah – A peasant’s hovel where the peasant drops the sword, starts a fire, panics and then returns.
    • Flashback: Exterior Desert – Local trader is seen leaving. (I believe it then cuts to Finn and Rey’s faces as the story unfolds).
    • Flashback: Exterior Day Desert – Local trader makes a sale to a wealthy man.
    • Flashback: Exterior Night Battlefield – Fierce battle! Sword is being use by the CLAN against THE SEVEN.
    • Flashback: Exterior Night: the last man is down and Kylo Renn approaches Rey!
    • Flashback: THE SEVEN are looting and we see Rose in the foreground taking “the object.”
    • Interior Day Roses’s Pub: In the underground chamber, Rose presents the saber and Rey is revolted by it while Finn is attracted to it.

This was the shooting schedule according to MillenniumFalcon.com that was posted just a few weeks before the film came out. It was an update to MakingStarWars version.

http://millenniumfalcon.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2015&t=9790

The Flashback sequence (edited out the Maz's castle stuff)

EXT DAY - 192 - SAVANNAH • Reprise Hand takes sword, we reveal Naka

EXT NIGHT - 193 - SAVANNAH - PEASANT'S HOVEL • Peasant is using the sword as a firestarter

EXT DAY - 194 - SAVANNAH - PEASANT'S HOVEL • Local trader buys sword off of Naka

EXT NIGHT - 195 - SAVANNAH • Local trader already has sold the sword on

EXT NIGHT - 196 - BATTLEFIELD • A battle rages. The sword is being used.

EXT DAY - 198 - ACADEMY • Leia and Han Solo hand over Young Kylo Ren to his Uncle for training

EXT DAWN - 200 - ACADEMY • Young Kylo Ren being trained by his Uncle

INT NIGHT - 202 - ACADEMY • Bodies left behind - Young Kylo Ren is gone

EXT DAY - 203 - JAGGED TERRAIN/PALACE • Kylo Ren joins The Knights Of Ren

EXT DUSK - 204 - ACADEMY • R2-D2 upset as his master leaves

EXT NIGHT - 205 - JAGGED TERRAIN/PALACE • Kylo Ren joins The Knights Of Ren

EXT NIGHT - 209 - CASTLE • Kylo Ren and his Knights at campfire. Maz Kanata steals sword

EXT NIGHT - 211 - MOUNTAIN SIDE • Reveal Maz Kanata on Speeder, she has the sword

oncafar and Dark Horse like this.
  25. IncessantRamblings

IncessantRamblings Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2016
    Clan Tweets to/from Pablo today;

Tweeter: Hello, can you confirm this guy is from the clan of the Tarubota?
    Pablo: Can't confirm, though it does look like the same prop.
    https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/893168793177817088

Manabyte: Theory: Luke's Academy, Jedha, and Rey's Parentage. It's All Connected
    Back when the McGuffin in TFA was the saber (which Hamill confirmed by talking about the hand opening), the “Clan” was “Kira’s clan” IIRC.
    Tweeter: Didn't @pablohidalgo once say Han & Leia split up around 5/6 years before TFA when their son became a murderer? So he hadn't killed before?
    Pablo: Best to leave me out of this lest people get internet-mad.
    https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/893197554573230080

Tweeter: Seeing that Clans are popular today... could you say if the Clan leader in TFA's clan was a Force-worshipping clan?
    Pablo: There's been nothing stated about it, and I'm not about to shed more light* on it on Twitter.
    *or randomly invent ;)
    https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/893254229447499776

Past Clan tweets:
    Pablo: By the script, I don't see him as a Knight. And I don't see him attacking her as she's not really 'there'. But that's just me.
    Tweeter: My interpretation at the moment is that part of her vision is a memory. Hopefully this will all be addressed in VIII.
    Pablo: Well, the bit with her 5 year old self is. Except for her seeing it in third person, I suppose.
    https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/717211429275836421

Pablo: What book called him a hero? If it's non-fiction, hero means something different from a production POV.
    Tweeter: 'Rey's Story' calls him "a hero stabbed by a fiery blade." Seems only IMDB calls him a Knight of Ren. Is IMDB wrong bout that?
    https://twitter.com/Elysa__Ng/status/713109774079037440

Tweeter: Regarding Rey's force-back vision, was it meant to be taken literally or symbolically, especially Kylo & Knights of Ren scene?
    Tweeter: Were we supposed to take it as stuff that has happened or will happen or was it meant to be purely visual and symbolic?
    Pablo: It's all stylized. But did Kylo and the Knights wipe out a village? Sure.
    Tweeter: But it sounds like you're saying it was just meant to show Kylo and his crew in some past slaughter action.
    Pablo: It's what they do.
    Tweeter: Was there a reason why Rey would see that specific scene, though, or was it just to add to the general Kylo villainy?
    Pablo: I'd rather not get all the tumblr hate by having an opinion on this scene.
    https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/733317871325978628

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.