main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Force Friday" - Now Discussing 2017 - Possible Spoilers!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , May 3, 2015.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I saw some new stuff in town (mostly in an Argos display) but all the figures were Lego. Gave those a miss. Entertainer had nothing new. One of the card stores had a SW/Disney display but there wasn't anything I wanted. (It was mostly mugs as opposed to figures).

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Anyone found the new Micro Machines yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    No not at all. It's surprised me.
    I've seen pictures though.

There are/was a new sub line out that was once rumoured to be out for FF- The Gold Series and it included more saga sets.
    I found them a few months ago in a discount store, crazy prices and managed to pick up all of them.

But I guess you are talking about the R1 ones but no not seen them at all.

whostheBossk likes this.
  4. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    so after waiting a week Wal Mart cancelled my order for BS Jyn Erso. Said they sold too many and ran out. Jeesh. My son said let's go to the store it was supposed to be delivered to. So to the store we go, walked back to toys and there were a ton of them. Ticks me off on some level, but mainly just happy I finally have her.

5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Man, last FF was a blast!!

whostheBossk likes this.
  6. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    They all are. Fans...nastolgia...figures...ships...being one of the first to get a new line of figures...and the fans again! Can't wait.

My advice is check dollar stores in late August as last year there was some success stories. With no mail away figures this is what we have to resort to!!

7. xyloren

xyloren Jedi Master star 2

Feb 19, 2016
    So is Force Friday just toys or will things like posters come out too?

I'd love to get those character posters.

8. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    It should be everything but stuff like posters aren't a guarantee for that date- they usually come out within the next month afterwards.

9. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Still no info or news on FF?? I hope it's not as terribly advertised like last year..

10. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Oh there's plenty of news, and images out there, you just need to look for it.

The only thing we haven't seen is the 3.75" TBS wave.

B99 likes this.
  11. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Have we seen any of the 6" TBS? Apart from SDCC Luke & Rey I don't think we've seen those yet.

12. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Thrawn, Hera, Vader (40th repack) , Stormtrooper (40th repack).

6/7 The only one we haven't seen is Kylo Ren.

13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Official info??

14. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Sorry I was meaning specifically the TLJ stuff so I wasn't counting them. And rumour is we're getting 2 waves on Force Friday so as well as Kylo there's meant to be Finn, Poe, Elite Praetorian Guard and Chewie or Snoke (early rumour was Snoke, now seems to be Chewie) plus the TFA Leia we've seen and a ESB Snowtrooper repack.

15. jedisrm

jedisrm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    So I heard Force Friday suppose to be Sept 1st, but have not heard any stores advertise for it yet. Anyone hear anything?

16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I know.. No advertisements at all. Atleast from what I've seen, or in this case haven't seen...

17. jedisrm

Mar 12, 2002
    I did see they had a checklist for the next force friday

content://media/external/file/5767

whostheBossk likes this.
  18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I asked in my local TRU yesterday. Manager didn't know what FF was.. He said they might be doing something online for it but nothing was scheduled in this store.

19. jedisrm

Mar 12, 2002
    Your a manager at TRU and not know what Force Friday is??? They must be there for less than a year than.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It is a fairly new store - I think it opened last year prior to Christmas - and is also inside a mall so it probably wouldn't do a midnight opening. Maybe this guy is fairly new to toy retail.

B99 likes this.
  21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Is there even going to be a ff midnight event?? Nothing is scheduled yet in stores ?

Maybe should ask my TRU store manager?

22. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I asked in my local Toys R Us (UK) this weekend and they said they haven't been told yet, they normally find out about a month before. I pointed out it was in 3 weeks and they just said they should know soon then.

23. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    The hype train is real!!

24. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    It's weird no stores have announced plans. When they announced FF2 the release said stores would be having big events around the world at midnight, but no stores like Toys R US, Walmart, or Target have announced anything. I plan to go to my local 24 hour Walmart like I did the past two FFs. In 2015 they had a whole room that used to be a nail salon decorated to be the SW room where they held FF. Was really cool. For Rogue Friday last year, me and a few other customers had to wait almost half an hour for a worker to go in the back and dig out the 3.75" figures (they had the Black Series, Funkos, and stormtrooper BS helmets out at midnight). Wasn't that big of an event. I'm hoping this year at my Walmart is similar to 2015, but I remember by this time in 2015 someone leaked a plan about what Walmart was doing for FF, a memo sent to the employee running it. Nothing of the sort this year. Making me think it'll be a rather small thing again like Rogue Friday.

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
    If they have a midnight launch, I'll definitely go to TRU. however, much like everyone else is saying, I have yet to hear even an inkling of anyone actually doing anything this year.

2015 was complete madness.I went to TRU for midnight, they had all the SW stuff in one aisle in the back. so a bottleneck was created when the first few people in line started grabbing everything in sight, leaving nothing for those behind them. Myself and like 2 other people cut around one of the other aisles and came up the back of the aisle, so we were able to grab some stuff, and I got a complete set of the 5 TBS figures. But most people left with nothing, and were very verbally and angrily lambasting the store manager on the way out.

Last year, I didn't even go at midnight, but was readily able to find all TBS figures at Walmart Friday morning.

I'm kind of curious as to what will actually be out TBS 6" wise. If it's just wave 1, then I really only need one figure - Kylo. already have the SDCC 2-pack figures, and no need for another Vader, and no interest in Hera or Thrawn. An extra Stormtrooper or 2 is a possibility, but I'll see. If Wave 1 AND 2 come out, then I'll need Kylo, Leia, Maz, Poe, and Finn.