main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics A/V Star Wars Adventures & SWA: Forces of Destiny comics (IDW)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Apr 14, 2017.

1. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

2. rjrjr

rjrjr Jedi Master star 1

Aug 11, 2009

I don't see Dark Horse ever getting the license while Marvel has it.

And there is already another group doing Star Wars comics, Joe Books. Their first Cinestory Comic is due out next week.

3. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    First time I've heard of this. I had to google Joe Books comics in order to find out what this is about. So there's a particular thing as to which companies get to do Star Wars comics - they are all connected to Dinsey. Dinsey owns Marvel, IDW and Joe Books publish comics with Disney cartoon characters. Dark Horse doesn't and never did that. So going by that logic, then no, Dark Horse doesn't have a chance at the moment :(

Darth_Duck likes this.
  4. jafo

jafo Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    So, not allowed to be sold in the UK. Fantastic. Yet another stupid product of the stupid licensing going on in the UK.
    Sparse Toy importing, rediculous ebook distribution and pricing and now this will not be available.
    Get your act together Lucasfilm, please. You are ruining this hobby I have had for the past 40 years. This is the worst it has ever been.

5. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I doubt it's Lucasfilm's fault. Hell, I doubt it's Disney's fault too.

6. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    What?! When did this get confirmed? Hopefully they can sort it out pretty quick like they did for their TMNT comic.

7. jafo

Oct 20, 2001
    It's definitely the licensing arm of Lucasfilm's fault - they are stipulating that it cannot be sold in this country. It is due to the deals they have running for the monthly kids comic called Star Wars Adventures that can be bought in newsagents and supermarkets.
    The one that does not have these stories in it

8. jafo

Oct 20, 2001
    I read it in a comic news site and confirmed it with my comic supplier. I buy from an internet comic shop after my bricks and mortar shop kept selling issues from my pull list if they underordered. My internet shop has managed to get comics that were not distributed in the UK before but they say they cannot touch this one

9. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Gutted :(

Still hopeful they can sort this out like they did with TMNT. I know they had issues first for their main series (not sure why) then for their animated one (which was a similar situation to this) and both got resolved within the first year of publication.

10. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Even though I live in the UK I wasn't planning on picking this series up until TPB anyway (unless Amazon is lying to me)

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, if I pick it up it will be in TPB. I'll see how the reviews go.

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I don't do Marvel comics as singles anymore. There is just too much and it just doesn't interest me as a rule, anyway.

I'm picking up all the Legends TPB's for a few years yet anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    One comment I'll make - IDW's trades tend to be a little more pricey than Marvel, say £1-2, but the quality also tends to be much higher.

Darth_Duck and Sinrebirth like this.
  14. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Is the German star wars lego comic the same as the ones that are printed in the UK? I know that the rebels comic is until the Uk stopped doing it.

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    OOoh, just realized this is written by Landry Q. Walker who penned the short stories "Tales from a Galaxy Far Far Away" collection which I'm halfway through and quite enjoying so definitely a bonus here.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  16. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  17. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    More variant covers.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    YAY JAKKU! LOOK AT ALL THE FUN SHE'S HAVING!
    [​IMG]

...ick.

BigAl6ft6 and SilentGuy66 like this.
  19. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Star Wars Adventure issue 4 solicit.
    http://www.multiversitycomics.com/news/star-wars-adventures-4-cover-solicit/
    [​IMG]
    Written by Ben Acker & Ben Blacker
    Illustrated by Eric Jones
    A young Mattis Banz dreams of one day being like his heroes, Luke and Leia. Little does he know that in days past, the famous siblings once made a royal mess of an important mission with the easy-to-provoke Sarkans!​
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99​
    Expected in-store date: 11/15/17​
    Cover A by Eric Jones​
    Cover B by Nathan Greno​
    Retailer Incentive Cover by Annie Wu​
    Bullet points:​
    · An exciting adventure set between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back!​

20. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Were there solicits like this for issues 1-3? I missed them if there were...

21. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    They did.
    [​IMG]
    Star Wars Adventures #1—Cover A: Derek Charm

• Cavan Scott (w) • Derek Charm (a) • Derek Charm (c)
    • Introducing an exciting new era in all-ages Star Wars comics! Each issue in this monthly series will feature two stories, starring your favorite Star Wars characters from all the films! This debut issue will reveal Rey’s early adventures on Jakku as well as a comical tale of clone catastrophe!
    • *Retailers: See your order form for incentive information.
    • FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    • Expected in-store date: 9/6/17
    [​IMG]
    (W) Cavan Scott (A/CA) Derek Charm
    Rey encounters a tough new enemy that may change the course of her life forever! Meanwhile, Yoda recounts a very bizarre story from his youth!
    In Shops: Sep 06, 2017
    SRP: $3.99

[​IMG]
    (W) Landry Walker (A/CA) Eric Jones
    When Finn finds an adorable baby creature hiding in an Imperial ship, it's up to him to find a home for the mischief maker before Captain Phasma kicks them both into space!
    Bullet points:
    * Plus an exciting new TALES OF WILDSPACE!
    * From the team of the beloved series, Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade!
    In Shops: Oct 11, 2017
    SRP: $3.99

The Positive Fan likes this.
  22. jedisor

jedisor Jedi Master star 2

Apr 22, 2011
    Sarkans? Awesome! Nobody ever uses them.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  23. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Mattis Banz, that's the hero of Acker and Blacker's Join the Resistance series!

24. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    So on top of the join the resistance news JJM has announced in his Facebook page that he has written a story for the Adventures series. Happy days. Featuring the big three and droids

25. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    YES! YES, YES, YES!!! So happy to have JJM back on SW comics. Next step - Marvel hires JJM to do an ongoing series. Fantastic news!