main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Comics certainly have their place, but I'd be disappointed if Barriss was an Inquisitor in the comics series, but not featured on Rebels. They'd be excluding a significant amount of fandom from that knowledge.

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    You know, I'd be very surprised if Barriss appears as an Inquisitor.

3. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    According to Sam Witwer, Starkiller was supposed to appear as an inquisitor in Rebels.

4. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Good thing that idea got scrapped. Starkiller would've made mincemeat of Ponytail Jedi and his bluenette Padawan. He would've trounced Ahsoka too. There would've been no explanation for why he wasn't the Grand Inquisitor, let alone why he hadn't killed Vader and taken his place as the Sith Apprentice.

5. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Glad that concept was abandoned - I'd rather see the original TFU storyline left alone, along with its characters, so that it could still potentially fit into the timeline, whether canon or not.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    They would have powered him way down. Also his story would not be the same at all.

TheMDOSS1313 likes this.
  7. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    And as soon as you do the former, he's not Starkiller anymore. Seriously, Galen's defining trait was his incredible overwhelming power in the Force. Take that away and he isn't really Starkiller.

"You could have been my successor, my equal."-Darth Sidious to Lord Starkiller

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That game was always supposed to overpower the force users

TheMDOSS1313 likes this.
  9. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    The bad "Inquisitor" Starkiller wasn't ever part of the EU timeline though. I think it would have been cool if Rebels had made the alternate ending non-legends Starkiller character, into a canon NEU character. The character design was amazing, better than the Grand Inquisitor. You could have still had the story of how he was Vader's secret apprentice and was found out by Palpatine, killed and then made into an Inquisitor from there, without any rebellion creation stuff linked to him.

You have to face it that TFU doesn't fit in with canon today, but some things can still be reclaimed, bad ending Starkiller could have been one and it would have been awesome to see.
    [​IMG]

Would have been nice for Sam Witwer to know he is voicing a character with his likeness in Star Wars again, not just pretending to be a different actor's character.

TheMDOSS1313 and Vialco like this.
  10. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    Let's be real, if Starkiller was made canon again, his powers would have been GREATLY reduced, or he probably would have been a kid or teen and not at his full potential.

TheMDOSS1313 and Snafu55 like this.
  11. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    This is very intriguing, I didn´t know about it! when did he say this? Starkiller, like Lumiya, Carnor Jax or Mara Jade, could work as an Inquisitor even if he originally wasn´t one, but it would obviously imply a change in the character´s backstory and characteristics. At this point, I would imagine they are thinking the Inquisitors in terms of interesting designs, like they used that TFA one for the Fifth Brother, or a Knights of Ren one for the Eighth Brother.

It´s still curious to me, and the biggest difference with Legends Inquisitors, that we haven´t seen a single human within their ranks. The other aspect that I find very intriguing is this rank/name thing... tatooinesandworm very kindly asked Charles Soule about the Inquisitor´s development in the Darth Vader Comic, and he said that many important topics, as their origins and inner workings on the Inquisitorius, are going to be addressed as a main topic in the next storyline, so come September we will begin having a lot of answers on this matters...

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    He basically went on record and said it in his live stream with David Collins and Haden Blackman, developers of The Force Unleashed. Though Sam never said Starkiller was supposed to appear, he said Dave Filoni considered making him an inquisitor. Haden was also extremely close to revealing if Starkiller was a clone in TFU2. Sam and David talked him out of it. [face_laugh]

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I thought that was already confirmed

Vialco likes this.
  14. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    The body was a clone. The spirit and mind within belonged to the original Galen, he was just confused and amnesiac.

15. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    That's really what I thought was gonna happen if they decided to bring him back, makes sense too considering they didn't go with Vader having a secret apprentice.

16. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
  17. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    This is all news to me, and sounds very interesting. I´m not a big fan of TFU, but it would be a nice nod to its fans to have Starkiller as an Inquisitor! However, with this self imposed limitation over the amount of time that an Inquisitor can be around in the timeline, one wonders if it would be anything more than just a cameo... and if it´s going to be like that, personally I would prefer to see guys like Jerec and Tremayne appearing, since they actually were Inquisitors in Legends...

18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes, we need Jerec to show up! :D

19. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I still think a whole load of less lightsaber combat oriented inquisitors could have been sent into the Unknown Regions by Palpatine to investigate, and could come back at any time. It's a mistake to limit the possibilities for future Star Wars stories in this period by killing off everyone that could be a FS villain.

Ithorians likes this.
  20. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    That would never happen. Palpatine kept his Inquisitors on a very short leash with a very narrow scope. According to Filoni, they were never meant to be a permanent fixture in the Empire. Very much a disposable tool that was somewhat undesirable to have around.

There can only be two, after all.

Inquisitors are a necessary evil, but ultimately a dispensable one.

cwustudent likes this.
  21. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Yeah. They were only needed to hunt down the remaining Jedi.

Vialco and cwustudent like this.
  22. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    That´s pretty much the whole point, I think. In Legends, the Imperial darksiders were overdone for sure, but there was originally, before it went too big, a logic in them: there were 3 big groups, the Inquisitors, Jedi hunters and interrogators that were proficient with a lightsaber, but more so with the bureaucratic abilities needed to track down their prey; the Prophets, whose purpose was to council Palpatine and guide his chosen agents; and the Hands, that were pretty much Force using spies, infiltrators, and assassins, and would have nothing to do with hunting Jedi, interrogating, or providing council to their lord.

When the Prophets predicted his demise, the Emperor sent the Inquisitors after them, and the Prophets were mostly annihilated, so this canon concept of darksiders being barely tolerable within the Empire is not that new after all... but they idea of them having their uses makes sense too.

Palpatine was obsessed in Legends with furthering his knowledge of the Darkside, and so he needed people like Jerec to investigate locations that a non-Force user couldn´t access. Even in canon, Vader congratulates the Inquisitors on their finding of the Jedi Temple on Lothal, saying the Emperor would be "most pleased" with the discovery, so Palpatine´s interests didn´t seem to have change that much in that regard either.

So, what has been a big question for me, is that either the Inquisitors are weak and the moment the Jedi are done they will be finished (this is contradicted by the very first scene of Rebels, in the dialogue between Vader and the GI) or they are to be eliminated because they are a threat, meaning they are not weak at all. At the moment, we have them as powerful and loyal agents capable to bring down entire Rebel cells single handedly, in a moment were the Rebellion is growing... if the Story Group want to end the Inquisitorius before ANH, they need a good reason that doesn´t contradict what they´ve been presenting already...

23. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Inquisitors suffer a fate similar to the Nazi SA: A Night of the Long Knives, if you will, or in this case, Long Sabers. Either one of the Inquisitors does get an idea of overthrowing the Emperor, or Palpatine thinks they're after him (makes up some pretext). Vader, with the aid of the Imperial military, ambushes and destroys them.

TaradosGon likes this.
  24. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Inquisitors or organisation similar to them are necessary in the Empire.

Force sensitive beings are still being born across the galaxy, whether the Jedi are around or not. Most of these beings probably don't represent any danger without proper training, however there are those who could be potentially dangerous to themselves, their surroundings and more importantly to the Empire. Especially if there are still Jedi hiding around who could train them. Case in point, Luke and Obi-Wan.

Plus you still have old those Jedi ruins, stations and artefacts spread around the galaxy, that are easier located and searched by trained Force sensitives.

Ithorians likes this.
  25. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    There can only be two Sith. The inquisitors aren't Sith, they're just dark Jedi. There can be as many of them as Palpatine wants.