main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012

Is this one less dizzy now?

2. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Made some small changes, gave HK the Dread Master customization and a cute kell drake with his master.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RafSwi7 likes this.
  3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    So the traitor was just datamined...

It is Theron Shan.

I. Am. Ticked.

This makes no sense whatsoever, especially the dialogue between him and a light side character. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I honestly have not disliked any of SWTOR's story points so far (other than cutting KOTFE/KOTET short), but this one almost makes me want to unsub, it's so dumb. Literally so ticked over this. There'd better be some crazy reveal like he's been possessed through his implants by the Iokath droids, or Valkorion's now living in his head, or something. Because otherwise they took a perfectly fine character and turned him bad for literally no reason other than to have a big plot twist. DUMB.

4. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010

wow[face_plain] just wow

I honestly thought they would create a new npc to 'betray' you.

is it ALWAYS Theron? Could he do it if you kill his dad? (and Lana if you don't?)

I am genially shocked and surprised, of all the things i excepted to happen this. Was not one of them.

I congratulate the writers for making such a BIG twist actuly big

As we can see by Revanfan1's reaction it will provoke a strong reaction, which honestly I didn't think they had the guts to do.

Now the question is if it is well done, that is the clincher

RafSwi7 and Revanfan1 like this.
  5. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    No, it's the same either way. His reasoning is "I thought the Outlander taking the Eternal Throne would bring a state of peace to the galaxy, but it didn't, so now I'm mad and against him/her (even if they're my love interest, lol)." Which is...oddly idealistic for a character who's always been pragmatic. It also seems implied that he feels his father was a warmonger just like Acina, so siding with either is equally bad.

I just think it's completely dumb. That's not the Theron Shan I've known since Forged Alliances. this is stupid.

RafSwi7 likes this.
  6. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Well, it's kind of indeterminate whether he's behind the Uprisings or not, though it seems...possible, I guess? And his goal, I'm not sure. He doesn't seem to have thought it out beyond "the Outlander needs to get gone."

RafSwi7 likes this.
  7. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

hu, that is not good.

Hmmm, I am less sold on this then I was.

do hope it is explained well

Also when is this revealed?

8. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    It will be in the Umbara flashpoint, later this month.

9. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    interesting.

I read some more stuff on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/6sewij/pts_55_datamined_umbara_flashpoint_stronghold_new/

It does feel odd for this character to act that way (book I could see, because in the book he is very, emotionally driven)

10. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Is there any subscribers or former subscribers "preferred members" who can answer my question?

For 29.99 USD, I can buy 60 days of subscription. Does it mean that my subscription ends in about 2 months no matter I play or not?
    Or does 29.99 USD means I can play with logged 60x24= 1440 hours in total. ie. I can use that 1440 hours in two years if I wished?

11. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Subscriptions work by paying for an amount of real world time (be it one month or two...etc...etc....) and if you don't cancel most subscriptions are set to auto renew once that time is up. You aren't paying for the amount of time you actually play the game. You are paying for how long you want a subscription to last.

DARTH_MU likes this.
  12. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

No, it's 2 months, whether you play or not.

DARTH_MU likes this.
  13. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Thank you for your answers.

14. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Easiest way to figure out rather you should pay or not is that if you plan on playing the game a lot it would be worth your money. If you don't plan on playing it a lot might as well just watch a playthrough off of youtube.

15. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    Wow, this is unexpected! Dialogue mentions "the Order" lead by some masked figure and I suppose they will be the main threat in the future expansion.

Maybe Theron is a triple agent? If he is not, ohhh some Theron fangirls will go ballistic ;D

Also Sith Warriors who romanced Quinn and later Theron will not be happy.

Vector will be back, but supposedly for Agent only and by alert mission, which means that (most probably) he won't be an important character in the future expansion.

AusStig likes this.
  16. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    This revelation inspires me to use this image from Ultimates.

[​IMG]

Mind you, I did just kill his father so him betraying me is perhaps...justified.

At least more than my disloyal slave Quinn.

17. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Eh, she killed Jarvis. Had what's coming for her.

18. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    I actually don't mind this. Finally, a bloody AGENT of his government that's actually loyal to said government. Finally some intelligence agency in Star Wars is competent. It makes sense. Thus far, you've either #1 been setting up your own Sith Empire if you were previously a Sith or #2 have been going full warlord with elements of the Republic military. It makes sense he helped you eliminate his father too, since the RSIS is on the payroll of the Republic Chancellor, not military. Maybe the Supreme Commander was getting too big for whoever is Chancellor now to hold down. I'm glad this whole 'personal empire' thing is unraveling at the seams, as I've always wanted an option from the get-go to either do away with it if you're a Jedi or outward proclaim your claim to the Dark Lord throne. It's stupid that there's people still in Republic/Sith gear following you all the way. You'd think if they supported the formation of this new Alliance, they'd have gotten new gear by now.

19. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    I think that both NPC entries for Malgus (on Iokath and Umbara) were red herrings (same for Garza and Satele on Umbara).
    New info about other companions returning in the near future.
    Aside from Vector, it seems that Andronikos, Ashara, Corso and Risha might also return soon. Risha and Corso are part of the same alert mission on Nar Shaddaa. Ashara mission will take place on Voss. IDK about Andronikos. Since they they want to bring love interests back by alert missions I hope these missions will deliver and will be fully voiced.
    It makes sense if the Outlander is the galactic dictator. Less, if the player tries to be the peacemaker.
    He is not loyal to the Republic. Dialogue says that he joined some mysterious faction called "the Order"
    Masked Figure: So, you did as we asked. We had our doubts, but now we see your dedication to the cause.
    Masked Figure: We've reached a decision. Theron Shan, welcome to the Order.

AusStig likes this.
  20. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

Is it the Order of Revan?

Could it be that has been playing us since he got caught on Rishi?

RafSwi7 likes this.
  21. Kyle K

Kyle K Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2017
    Then the remaining companions from JK JC BH Smuggler SI SW and Imperial Agent for the next expansion must be as the main characters not as an alliance recruit characters.

I am not against that companions for 5.4 and 5.5 will be returned as recruit characters but why not as an main characters?
    There will be many players who will be disappointent for this.

Will my JK get Corso and Risha and not just for the class character?
    Will my SW get Andronikos and Ashara and not just for the class character?

It is important for the future expansion that Kira Lord Scourge Jaessa Mako and many more will be returned better in the story than Malavai and Elara.
    I am happy that Elara is a main character.

I am thinking about Theron and Lana. Why Theron as an traitor? Why him? Why not choose a republic or imperial soldier to be as the traitor?
    Theron is like Malavai and Lana will kill him or yourself if you choose it or spare him.
    Just a thought but what if you choose to kill Lana when you decide to spare Theron.

AusStig likes this.
  22. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Do you know how to spoiler stuff?

it is a very odd choice, but I like it, could be good and interesting

23. Kyle K

Kyle K Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2017
    No but this are not a secret anymore because XamXamRachel did also read it.

We do expect alot how the story are supposed to going forward but this is a surprise about Theron.

I think it will be as it was before Imp vs Rep but it can be anything else.

Does anyone know if it is the same for Corso Risha and Andronikos Ashara for just their own class or will it be for all classes?

As for Elara that she will do more work with you in the expansion. I hope to be the same and better for Kira Mako and Jaessa as a main character from a story and not recruit.
    Because they are worth it to do a good story together with them as returned against the new enemy The Order of what ?

Maybe it is the Scions Malgus or Scourge. What if Satele Shan? Maybe she has turned to the dark side and she has been silence since the Dark visions.

Then I do not know how BW is thinking to introduce missing companions who has been gone for almost 2 years and in the game over 5 years.

24. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm calling brainwashing.

Though I assume they chose the character because they didn't want a minor character no one cared about.

25. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    How are they gonna handle Jaesa? I remember there were 2 versions of her.