main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Freemaker Adventures - Season 2

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I was listening to a podcast recently with Pablo... he definitely said the Freemakers exist in Canon somewhere, maybe doing a version of what they do in the Lego universe, but not exactly the same.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    In my mind, The events of the freemakers adventures did happen in the canonverse, and following the end of the GCW, Luke took Rowan underneath his wing and become Luke's very first apprentice.

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Second episode with the introduction of the new season baddie was fun. The rest of the season is airing 4 days a week for the next 3 weeks. Binge Freemakers!

5. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    God I'd love a YA adaptation of the first season of the show. Or maybe a Thrawn-style adaptation. Probably be an IDW comic, since they're aimed towards a younger audience.

6. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Having just started watching Freemakers, I love the notion that there is a level of canon to it, even if it isn't fully canon.

The first three episodes of this season show the Rebel Fleet engaging Star Destroyers and escaping Imperial traps. Ackbar plays a key role, ditto a reformed Blue Squadron that is under the command of Lt. Valaria. Plus, the visuals of the series are gorgeous. Just check this out:

[​IMG]

--Adm. Nick

7. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I haven't seen episode 3 yet but I'm hoping Ackbar's personal ship Daisy Mae pops up. That one is canon, I shall forever believe.

8. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Yeah, Daisy Mae is kinda awesome. I'm a fan of the idea that Ackbar enjoys tinkering on his hotrod starfighter once he retires post-Jakku.

--Adm. Nick

Mistress_Renata and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  9. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I've been trying, once again, to watch this series, but I'm still having the same issues as before. On one hand, I greatly enjoy the worldbuilding in it, and on the other hand, I can't stand the humor and the fact that they're made of Lego bricks (and keep reminind you of that in a pretty unsubtule fashion). I know it's ridiculous, bur I can't help it. In fact, it's all the more irritating to me that, with less slapstick and non-Lego designs, this could have been a perfectly all right canon series.

In other words, I think this is an excellent concept wasted on novelty. Of course it's just my opinion.

Daneira likes this.
  10. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I will never for the life of me understand this attitude.

BigAl6ft6 and Dawud786 like this.
  11. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I completely agree. I especially can't stand Palpatine and Vader's characterizations.

12. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    And I don't ask you to. Nevertheless, that's how I feel.

13. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    My kids love it. That's what matters to me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

14. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    This show is just so, so much fun. I love everything about it.

vong333 likes this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Palpatine and Vader bickering is amongst my favourite part of any given episode. still, I think my favourite joke in the entire series is still in Season 1 at the Naboo museum and the standie of Palpatine sez "I'm afraid this bathroom is not quite operational"

Mistress_Renata and Dawud786 like this.
  16. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    John Ratzenberger was brought in to play his ESB role of Major Derlin. That was just funny and cool.

Barriss_Coffee and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Speaking of which, get Ratzenberger as Derlin on Rebels, STAT!

Or, hell, make the next LFL animated series Derlin and Pals. Ratzenberger is gold, they should definitely use him as a resource.

18. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Come on Zander....just say it....

Do you have the headpiece to the Staff or Ra and can you point us to the map room?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    This series is just awesome, and you know what? I would love a comic book series with that droid M-DOC. He's bad arse, of course minus the comic relief, but of him hunting Jedi for Palpsy. That would be great.

20. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I'm actually loving the depiction of Palpatine.

Okay, so... in the CANON SW world, maybe there is a series for kids called "The Freemaker Adventures," set during the Rebellion and involving a popular set of building blocks? Yeah, I'm trying...

Doesn't matter. This is still a hoot. I'm wondering if Becky Smoochenbacher will ever show up, probably as an Imperial officer, given Xander's luck. Daisy Mae is TOTALLY canon!!!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Not telling what happened....just giving the dialogue...but will still spoiler since the episode is so new.

Rowan: Wow...things are big.
    Zander: Yep
    Rowan: I mean....much bigger than you'd think.
    Zander: Yep[/spoiler}

22. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I'm liking Lt. Valeria. (sp?) Think maybe Xander should switch his affections from Becky to her!

23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    watched a few, two really good ones, the one where they try to buy a fighter and end up with Garaballa the Hutt, and Graballa always makes me laugh . Which is odd because Ziro I found kind of, okay really, irritating but Graballa is oddly hilarious. I think it's the delivery. Another very inside baseball SW ANH reference when Kordi screams and two troopers go "What was that?" "Ah, it's nothing. Random screaming. Don't worry about it".

The other one they're stuck on an acid rain planet and have to go rescue Major Derlin. Freakin' Ratzenberger swings for the fences, as always. Probably my favourite bit is when he's in the escape pod and goes "Imperial pods come with opera music!" *turns it on, freaky noises from ROTS opera* "It really grows on ya! I hope."

24. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I think it is the delivery for Graballa...I really want him to catch a break....maybe the Freemakers need to get captured to infiltrate an Imperial base so they cut a deal with Graballa to turn them in so he gets the money for his beach resort.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I sorta feel like Graballa is what they wanted Ziro to be.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.