main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Making My Day! - Pro-Prequel Articles

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jarren_Lee-Saber, Dec 10, 2014.

1. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    16%[face_dancing]

Sab Jo, Mostly Handless and mes520 like this.
  2. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I threw in another Padme vote. Second choice would've been my boy Wicket.

Huttese 101 likes this.
  3. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

19%! [face_party]

Sab Jo likes this.
  4. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    This from NET Alliance:

5. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
  6. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002

If it werent for the Battle of Yavin I would agree. Of course, if it weren't for Duel of the Fates TPM wouldn't be anywhere near as good either. You have the saga's best space battle against the saga's best lightsaber duel.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  7. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Although they praise mostly the action scenes is good that they did this

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Even people who really don't like the PT like the actions scenes or at least most of the time

9. 2old2Bhere

2old2Bhere Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 8, 2014
    Say what you will about the PT but at least it doesnt have Porgs....

Big_Benn_Klingon likes this.
  10. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Now, now, the movie hasn't even come out yet I don't think it's fair to start disliking

the Porgs, new Red Guards, and such.

Huttese 101 and Gamiel like this.
  11. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Yeah, I have no opinion yet, but I'll be honest, there is nothing new so far that's really grabbing my attention.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    Not necessarily a pro-prequel article, but Forbes has a nice piece on Phantom Menace's leggy performance, and how this indicates the general audience liked the film (something I've been arguing on here for years now): Nonetheless, the numbers speak for themselves. Lots and lots of folks saw The Phantom Menace in the summer of 1999. And, more importantly, despite its reputation as a franchise-killer, it was relatively well-liked by the general audiences (kids and otherwise) who just wanted a fun Star Wars movie. You can get a $105 million five-day debut from hype and anticipation. But you don’t get $431m total from a $64m Fri-Sun opening weekend without folks being at least somewhat satisfied, going back multiple times and/or recommending it to their friends.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...-the-leggiest-blockbusters-ever/#4179fb7238ab

Sab Jo, JSJL2018, Gobi-1 and 8 others like this.
  13. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  15. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
  16. Tristan the Trilobite

Tristan the Trilobite Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2017
    :-B How about art critic Professor C Paglia asserting that Revenge of the Sith is the the greatest work of art in the last 30 years and such. There are many articles covering this.

A bit hyperbolic IMO, but the PT depicting the corruption and downfall of democracy and the rise of dictators is undeniably one of the most interesting, clever and best written dystopian stories I have encountered (unrivaled in the B-Movie genre); not to forget diving us one of the best written villains who wins in the end.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...-sith-is-our-generations-greatest-work-of-art

Or this one:

wobbits, Sab Jo and Big_Benn_Klingon like this.
  17. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    wobbits, Deliveranze and rpeugh like this.
  18. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I think the last one is mentioned on some previous page.

19. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    they've got Pirates trilogy in front of the prequels

i mean what do you even say?

Sab Jo likes this.
  20. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002

Ok, for a while I was wondering why in the hell The Dark Knight Trilogy isn't on that list, I guess that list was posted back in 2010, which would obviously explain it. That would surely have to be in the top 10 (and my number 1 favorite trilogy).

There is a part of me that is pleasantly surprised the prequels even made that list and are ranked as high as they are (as EmpireMagazine also seems to be surprised) . But then at the same time I am a bit astonished as Jedi Rising is that they are behind the Pirates Trilogy. And Im kind of surprised they are behind the Matrix Trilogy. I really thought those Matrix sequels really dragged down the reputation of the Matrix. I certainly felt the prequels seemed to be more remembered than the Matrix Trilogy. Im also kind of broken hearted that The Karate Kid Trilogy didn't make the cut. In my opinion The Karate Kid Part 3 is the most underrated sequel of all time. Too bad we never got a Burton Batman Trilogy, a Ghostbusters Trilogy, or a Conan Trilogy (with all three being directed by John Milius.)

21. Tristan the Trilobite

Tristan the Trilobite Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2017

yeah, I admit I was sloppy, not examining the previous 48 pages diligently. But after all it cannot be stated enough, this is a very special thing with a brilliant villain who wins at the end and throws everything into darkness...how many times did we get that sort of dystopian story in movies?

22. AussieViking

AussieViking Jedi Padawan

May 28, 2017
    I never got the hate for the prequels, I guess jumping to hate cause they are different is the most likely (I mean if we listened to the fans we would get a film like EP7. Ah crap thanks Fans)
    Honestly the prequels to me are fantastic, and anyone who says they are bad to me are those you just say "Good for you" then go back to enjoying your life. I mean the room is a bad film, Birdemic 1,2 are bad films the prequels are not.
    They do things differently they are like puzzle pieces information from ep 1 is relevant all the way to EP 3 and so on. To me you need to think and put the pieces together. But what about the dialogue you say. Well the originals weren't the best either. Hell neither was the acting (solo at the start of empire reminded me of a child as much as Anakin did in Ep1 Though he was a child so) But my favorite is the balcony scene is EP2.

This is one of my favorite scenes cause it shows so much as who Anakin is first off he's in love you say and do stupid **** while in love, Second he's not good with people he's head strong and detached. Pieces from EP 1 forming here. Also Obi wan isn't gonna pull him a side and say "Listen if you want to get with a lady just do this"

No he's gonna be told "No emotions at all, you are a jedi" However from EP1 that goes against a lot of who he is but not only that but he grew up with love with his mother who held him together as a child. Then in 2 he's back with Padme who was with him for the strongest moment of his life however he doesn't know what to do. And that's brilliant to me. he can deal and understand and fix machines but not humans. (As someone who has Asperger s that really resonated with me)
    So when we get that scene I don't "Cringe" I see someone who really needs someone else in his life beside the jedi. Also someone who doesn't know how to act around someone he loves.

Theirs a lot of clever in the prequels in the under layers of how it is presented (though it goes against the "quote" rules of writing a story and film making being one whole story instead of finished complete stories as individual works) but you need to try different things to get different outcomes. Sure I think certain finished deleted scenes should be put back into the films to add more substance to the films that most are used to. but hey it still works for me.

wobbits, ezekiel22x and Deliveranze like this.
  23. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    I'm glad it made it (and they acknowledged people who like them), but it does rub me the wrong way, that we like them "despite their flaws," as if it's some fact. And the sorta give and take comment with (at least one) good action sequence, when every prequel has way better choreographed action scenes than the OT.

And when they get to the OT, they praise ROTJ has a godly film that deserves little criticism compared to the PT.

24. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Every Miniature Model in the Star Wars Prequels

25. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Fantastic video, but I had the horrible cringe inducing displeasure to look at the comments.....:p