main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit From Endor to Exegol - The State of the Galaxy Discussion Thread (Tagged Victory's Price Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Sep 6, 2015.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I know but you just gave me such an good opening :p
    Me to but it just don't feel like that is what seems to be happening :(

2. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    It depends on the timeline.

For example, Tahiri went to the academy at 9, and by the YZ invasion, she's 13 or 14, and still at the academy. So 4 years won't do it. It's at 22 ABY when she went to the academy.

If Luke was able to start his academy in the same time canon as in legend, JAT period, 11 ABY, then the first Jedi class would graduate no earlier than 15 ABY, in which the first graduates would probably become "professors" and stay at the academy.

When did Ben Solo go to the Jedi academy? If at 9 like Anakin Solo, then it would have been 14 ABY when he went. If Snoke starts corrupting him as soon as possible, then....

Do we even know at this point when exactly the Jedi academy got attacked? Rey is born in 15 ABY, and a kid should starts remembering things at 4-6 years old? and we have the vision where young Rey certainly looks that age. So the Jedi academy gets attacked no earlier than 20 ABY?

So it had been in existence only 11 years? How many Jedi can Luke train by himself for the first class?

Besides, I always thought it was an inside Job. (KOR demographics is perhaps 90 percent Luke's student, and 10 percent Dark Jedi snoke found somewhere).

3. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Until Bloodline came out, I figured that Ben Solo destroyed Luke's in-training Jedi when he was 15-20 after an encounter with Snoke and seduction to the Dark Side. So this would mean it happened between 20 and 25 ABY and That meant Ben had been Kylo Ren for between 9 and 14 years, which made sense to his rank as Master of the Knights of Ren according to Snoke. Because I figured since Ren was a moody man-child, I figured his teenagehood was when he got buggered up by the Supreme Leader.

Then Bloodline came along, which meant that Ben was at least 23, which didn't make sense. If anything, it should've been placed that Leia's personal life was more or less in crisis due to Luke's disappearance, the betrayal by her son, possible deaths or disappearances of his siblings and Han and Chewie being gone. It'd have been more interesting.

4. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

I wonder if it's pure coincidence that Ben falls to the Dark Side at the same age that his grandfather did.

5. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I actually don't think Ben is going to turn into Kylo Ren until about the time Bloodline takes place. As far as him being considered Master of the Knights of Ren it would only make sense to put a Skywalker in that position.

6. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I took the title as an empty gesture. Kylo is Master of the Knights of Ren but only in the context of being Snoke's apprentice and probably far more powerful than much more experienced warriors.

7. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    I imagine he did lead them in the fight against Luke. Snoke probably doesn't go too many field ops personally.

8. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I'm hoping that we learn a bit more about the First Order and the New Republic is the upcoming Phasma book. I'm not expecting it to cover a ton in that department (probably more character focused than "state of the galaxy" focused, but at the very least I hope it provides us a sense of how the First Order is active in the Unknown Regions.

I DO expect books like Cobalt Squadron and the various reference books like the TLJ Cross Sections and Visual Guide to have the real meat on these sorts of topics, but we are still four months away from them being released.

--Adm. Nick

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    How active and how soon it is active. And whether Snoke is present there or not. And when the new Imperial designs appeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PCCViking and AdmiralNick22 like this.
  10. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Well, we didn't end up learning much about the New Republic or First Order in Phasma, but it did reinforce the sort of propaganda that the FO feeds it's citizens. Actually, maybe members? Frankly, the more I learn about the First Order, the more it appears less like a formal state but more like a military organization at large. It is kinda like the dark shadow version of the Rebel Alliance in some respects.

In terms of new NR information, we did get the reveal via the Sphero BB-8 toy that the New Republic did commission a new class of heavy cruiser pre-Jakku. A 3km Mon Cala cruiser, which I'm gonna call the MCXX Raddus-type until we get more information. It's interesting, this may help explain why the New Republic Senate was reluctant to approve the Starhawk-class battleships. My gut would be at the Raddus-type cruisers were approved shortly post-Endor, whenever Mon Cala was free to start cranking out new warships. The Starhawk-class came later, at a point where the NR is visibility winning the war, so perhaps that is why those warships were viewed as excessive.

We'll be undoubtedly learning ALOT about these two governments and the Resistance in the next few months, I for one am excited!

--Adm. Nick

11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Resistance maybe, Republic? Your Republic's dead son.

Now one-liner riffing aside, I'd prefer them not to go that road - that everything was in the Hosnian system, so when that went boom so went the Republic.

12. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    That would make sense about the First Order being a dark shadow of the Rebel Alliance. For all the complaints about TFA being too much like ANH, it does show there's an inverse order to the galaxy: the heir to the Rebel Alliance is now the galactic power, while the heir to the Empire is the rebellion.

Darth Caliban and Ghost like this.
  13. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    I just hope that the First Order isn't literally half the galaxy by the time of TFA. The more Rebellion-like the better in my opinion. The last dark spectre of the Sith's corruption of galactic civilisation haunting the Republic as an anti-Rebel Alliance.

Officially released statement on the mater, so not technically a spoiler? I dunno. I'll tag it anyway:

Rain said the Republic remains but that they and the Resistance are cut-off from one another

godisawesome and Jedi Ben like this.
  14. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Wait... where is this quote?!?

--Adm. Nick

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    !? Interesting, thanks for sharing.

16. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    I believe it was in Entertainment Weekly or one of those other feature articles. I'll venture into the spoiler section later and see if I can find it.

17. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I don't recall seeing anything about the New Republic in the Entertainment Weekly articles, but if you can dig up the quote I'd greatly appreciate it!

--Adm. Nick

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    As would I!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The entire thread requires the quote forthwith or words will be had.

20. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Once The Last Jedi is released and all the subsequent guides are out, I'll formally expand the thread to cover the movies. Cause the state of the galaxy in the Sequel Trilogy is being decided. I'll have to rename the thread, something to "From Endor to Jakku and beyond!" ;)

--Adm. Nick

21. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Imagines that quote being said in Buzz Lightyear's voice. :p

Gamiel and AdmiralNick22 like this.
  22. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    If the New Republic is gone, I'm done. I'm scared out of my mind, but deep down inside I know they'll do it. I'm just waiting for them to confirm what I already know. If the NR were still around the Resistance would be irrelevant. That won't happen.

23. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    im looking to seeing if they name drop "Second Galactic Civil War" in any of the Last Jedi guides cause i tell you Starkiller Base was basically the opening salvo of this new war.

24. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    The First Order saved us from a regime which acquiesced to disorder.

:)

AusStig and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  25. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/10/star-wars-last-jedi-leia-organa-carrie-fisher/

The part about the Republic could be conjecture on the part of the article writer, but it is backed up by an indirect Rian quote. So make of that what you will.

"They’re a small band that’s now cut off, on its own, and hunted when the Republic is shattered. When the First Order did that hit, the Resistance is isolated, and they’re very, very vulnerable. That’s where we pick them up.”

Sorry I recalled it as a direct quote.

AusStig likes this.