main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Rogue One: Cassian & K-2SO Special #1

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, May 19, 2017.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Maybe if this sells well we'll get more adventures in the future, but as of right now I haven't smelled anything.

2. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I see what you did there.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  3. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    It's still likely this could be before Rebels Season 4 so they could make an appearance.

4. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Season 4 is definitely gonna take place before Rogue One, at least the majority of it. There's still so much to cover. Saw isn't a gasping amputee yet. Hera hasn't been promoted to General. Ezra and Kanan are still alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Skippable. The thing I liked the most from this one shot was in the preview already - the various alien species.

And speaking of that, I have a question about the Noghri. Rukh in Rebels looks quite different from the Noghri seen in this issue, and the latter look the same as the general depiction of the species in Legends. How is this going to be worked out? If I am not mistaken, Rukh is confirmed to be a Noghri. So, could it be that the Noghri in this issue aren't actually Noghri, but a different species? Sub-species? Different race of Noghri, or perhaps individual variation would be a sufficient explanation? I certainly wouldn't mind the introduction of Noghri sub-species, races or even huge variability in appearance within the same species. Kinda like the Niktos.

6. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Wait, there are Noghri in the issue?

7. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Several Noghri that look like those from Legends.

8. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    But does it actually say that they're Noghri?

9. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    No, the issue didn't name any of the species pictured, not even the twins, Kertas and Rismor.

10. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    No, there is no official statement yet as to what species they are in canon, hence my brainstorming post above :p But, the fact is, they look like Noghri from Legends.

11. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    It's a Noghri alright.
    [​IMG]

Besides I think Leland Chee said it's safe to assume any identical species or ships have the same name they did in Legends. Sometimes there are edge cases where it's hard to tell if it's a Legends alien or just something really similar, but this isn't one of those times.

vncredleader likes this.
  12. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    I think we can chalk this up to different interpretations from different mediums. TCW Anakin doesn't look or speak like Hayden Christensen, for example, but we know they're the same character.

13. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Can I ask where you saw a Trianii? I'm driving myself nuts looking for one in that double page spread like it's Where's Waldo? scene. Is it this:

[​IMG]

Which maybe kinda looks like it referenced this:

[​IMG]

Because I really super duper hope you're correct. Because I loved the Trianii Rangers lore and the entries for Atuarre, Keeheen, and Paka in the Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook. And The Han Solo Adventures trilogy is up next on my (re-)reading list.

EDIT: Oh wait, maybe it's this fellow! Yeah, I'm definitely seeing it. After not seeing it, for a week. :oops:

[​IMG]

14. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    anyone see a Balosar or was that just me?

15. lowell

Sep 11, 2014
    I feel like the one-shot could take place while Season 4 is happening so one of Cassian and K-2SO's next adventures is with the Ghost crew or a cameo.

16. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    That's the one :)
    Where?

Senpezeco likes this.
  17. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Aside from the great usage of Aliens, this issue was underwhelming. I mean there was nothing wrong with it but for me a story with Cassian requires more stakes and a moral compromise or two. Cassian could have been any other Rebel on this mission. I am not saying he needs to be super brutal but this is the first non RO thing we got for him so I was wanting something special

Senpezeco likes this.
  18. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I seriously wish this was an ongoing - although I can sort of see an argument why it shouldn't be.

19. rjrjr

rjrjr Jedi Master star 1

Aug 11, 2009

I think that is a very fair assessment of the story. I love Rogue One and agree the story did not live up to the promise set by the movie. Still, they should produce more stories with these two characters IMHO.

vncredleader likes this.
  20. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    If they had had some of the characters survive the movie I think we would have an ongoing about Rogue One characters right now. In my opinion they would have done that instead of the Aphra comic.

21. lowell

Sep 11, 2014
    I'm still thinking this comic is before Season 4, as Cassian is one of the members of the Massassi group and the mission in this comic is just the early days. Considering they got Felicity Jones for Forces of Destiny, they must have got Diego Luna and Alan Tudyk to provide their voices for the series or if they weren't available, actors with similar voices. We'll probably hear something from the panel at Fan Expo Canada on September 2nd.

vncredleader likes this.
  22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Wonder when in the timeline this takes place.

23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I liked it as a one-shot because sometimes stories should only be as long as they should be. A one-shot gave it more punch. It was interesting to see K-2 try to kill Cassian multiple times. I mean, if Cassian had to restore and relearn K-2SO every step of the way, I could see that being a mini-series but, befitting their comedic give and take relationship, basically just Cassian rebooted K-2SO a lot so it happened over an afternoon.

24. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    This was a rather disappointing comic.

The art was nice with lots of small details, but the story was really lackluster. Maybe if it were a mini-series of at least 3 issues it could have been better.

Also, what's up with that wrecked Star Destroyer in that underground hangar? Cassian mentions something about private owner, but its inside an Imperial base, so is the base private and the Imperials just overrun it recently? Did I get that right?

And how can Cassian jump into hyperspace at the end of the issue, when his doors are missing? Wouldn't that kill him instantly? Or the moment he enters real space?

vncredleader likes this.