main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Tie game, runner on third, one out. And Jay Bruce weakly pop ups on the first pitch he sees in a Cleveland uniform. He's already blending so nicely into our feeble lineup. The only offensive threat Cleveland baseball has is Chief Wahoo.

cubman987 likes this.
  2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Yeah, but think how I feel... he's on my Fantasy team!

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Bryce torn PCL and ACL. Slipped on first base, because game wasn't stopped when it was raining, and took an awful fall.

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge.

6. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    *clap* *clap* *clap*

Well done, whoever is responsible for Rain Delays! You just cost Baseball millions of dollars for the rest of the season, and then some!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

So, this may be premature. The report is a fake Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/BreakingSprtNws

Not real. Still just listed with an "injury" so far...

heels1785 likes this.
  8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    deadspin comment section = io9 comment section

sry gents

9. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    I'm still pissed though. I bought a ticket to a Nationals game in Houston. That game is next Wednesday. I get it, injuries are part of the game, and I know damn well I paid to see the name on the front of the jersey and not the name on the back, but to be robbed of seeing Bryce Harper over a CLEAR safety hazard that could have been avoided by the Umpires is totally unacceptable!

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Ha, actually DS comments is where I learned it was fake! <3

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    yeah, i just read the first one. the injury looks grisly as **** though. wouldn't be surprised if it was an acl or worse.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, it's pretty bad all around. Best case is likely DL10, which is terrible enough... WAS had a legit shot at the WS this year, WAS/LAD would have been insane numbers, then theoretically WAS/LAD vs. BOS/NYY/HOU/CLE would all be good ratings and star power...

Chromide likes this.
  13. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

Yeah, I suspect that's going to be debated on all the sports radio shows Monday morning. I just saw photos and it looked painful, so I would not be surprised if it's not at least a torn ACL.

14. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Didn't the Nationals get flak for a rain delay when there wasn't any rain earlier this year, or am I thinking of another team?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

15. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Until a game starts, the home team is responsible for deciding if and when to play. So to the extent you want to blame someone, it's the Nationals front office.

Amazing.

16. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    I looked it up last night, and that involved the Nationals as well.

Well then...in that case, the Nationals sealed their own playoff fate, in addition to costing both themselves and MLB millions of dollars in revenue for the rest of the season and then some.

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I swear to god if he copies my name and then COPIES MY CURRENT INJURY...

18. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    bone bruise, no ligament or tendon damage

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

Hopefully this trend, and what's going on in the N.L. Central continues until the end of the season; so much potential for chaos, tie-breakers, etc!

20. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    Stanton hitting a home run EVERY GAME. it'll be interesting to see how it's handled if he gets up to 60.

21. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    So just for fun, Stanton is at 41 home runs through 115 team games, on pace for 58.

Through 115 team games:

1998 Sammy Sosa: 43 (66)
    1999 Sammy Sosa: 44 (63)
    2001 Sammy Sosa: 41 (64)
    1998 Mark McGwire: 46 (70)
    1999 Mark McGwire: 44 (65)
    2001 Barry Bonds: 49 (73)
    1994 Matt Williams: 43 (boo)

Fun fact: All of them, other than Williams for obvious reasons, beat out their on pace number.

Amazing.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I'd love to see Giancarlo get 60. Future Yankee, right dp4m? Because that's what you told me. And if it doesn't turn out that way, I'll never forgive you.

Anyway, Mike Moustakas may hit 50. He'll likely get the Royals' single-season record this week. Little to no buzz outside of KC, but props.

Zeta1127 and dp4m like this.
  23. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    always boo Williams lol

only pace i care about is the non-roided champion, Roger Maris.

24. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    how the 1994 season didn't completely kill my love of baseball is beyond me. I look back on it with such hatred and bitterness. It's probably good that I was a kid and not an adult at that point. Because if 1994 happened right now, I'd probably just walk away. What a complete total **** up that was, all around.

appleseed and Juliet316 like this.
  25. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    The silver lining was that it saved us from the embarrassment that was the AL West pennant chase (if I remember correctly, every team in that division was sub-.500)