main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I was somewhere in the Fan Fic forums as I was returning to keyboard; trying to navigate to a screen to see it again , which failed.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I didn't see anything in Fan Fic. Whatever you saw, chances are it's old. If we were moving or upgrading there would be something in Comms about it.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Looks like the boards were down from about 6:30 EST to about 8:30 EST, judging by thread activity. And until a few minutes ago I couldn't load the boards or TFN main.

EDIT: and even this post took a bit to go through.

4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I noticed the outage as well. An attempt to access the boards on my phone, both through Tapatalk and a mobile browser, returned errors around 6:40pm EDT. Further attempts to open the boards around 8:15pm EDT on my laptop also failed with the same result.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Another one, seemed to last for about 20 minutes. I check RebelScum and it took it's time loading too.

6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Why do the boards keep crashing??o_O

7. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    We need more power!
    AMD Threadripper!

j/k, kinda

B99 likes this.
  8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Nothing obvious in the server log.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I can confirm that. I was able to access and post perfectly fine this A.M. around 6 EDT.

10. Organafan

Organafan Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2017
    I wish someone could fix this on the main site. It amazes me how so few people use the proper word...
    "TheForce.net is part of a much larger family of websites all ran by the same group of dedicated fans."

Sith-I-5 and Sarge like this.
  11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Unfortunately we cannot update the main site - we only handle the forums. If you click on 'Contact' on the main site you could use the main staff address to request that it be fixed.

12. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Is it because the .net should be .NET, or because there should be a comma after websites?
    Otherwise, is my grammar so bad that I cannot see anything wrong?

13. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
  14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    all ran by the same group of dedicated fans

Verb tense is the issue here. It should be 'run'.

15. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
  16. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    This may be a stupid question -- is there any way to change your user name besides creating a new account?

TIA

17. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

Yes.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  18. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I have been frequently experiencing random log outs, both on PC and on Tapatalk. One minute I'll be surfing the site logged in, and the next minute I will load a new page and I will be logged out. At first I only noticed it on Tapatalk and thought that it might've just been a problem exclusive to that platform (of which you no-doubtedly have zero control over) but when I started experiencing it on computer I thought I could come forward and ask if this was happening to anyone else but me.

Anyone?

BookExogorth likes this.
  19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If you use both devices at the same time, are you trying to go from Tapatalk to the PC or vice versa and stay on the boards? If so, that probably won't work due to the cookies for the login session being stored on your device.

20. Organafan

Organafan Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2017
    I would like to do this, but haven't bothered with it.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    When I post that sending bar thing will spear, but the post won't appear until I refresh the page 1-3 times

22. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I wanted to include a link in my signature, but don't want to show the whole URL as I have seen people covering the link with a descriptive text that you can click on. How can I do it?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it :cool:

23. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Everytime I try to view my Postings or someone else's this happens:

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, it's a known problem with Elasticsearch. You can get around it partially by clicking on Recent Activity in the user's profile.

25. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    I have the same problem but I'm looking for older posts that won't be in Recent Activity
    Also, will the old Truncated Posts most likely never be fixed? there is some info pretty important I need from an RPG.