main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    for some reason i don't remember it killing me. maybe i had other things on my mind

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    thumbs up ian kinsler

angel hernandez, like the green marijuana, is trash and dumb to smoke

4. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    I got married that summer, so I had a very happy distraction. But I was looking forward to seeing the Yankees back in the playoffs. I guess I forgave baseball quickly since the Yankees had so much success after that.

5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Couldn't disagree more about your assessment about the greens, but that's a debate to be had elsewhere. :p

PCCViking and heels1785 like this.
  6. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    MLB Xtra Innings Is giving me tons of Trouble I cant get HD to Work and Costumer service at Comcast Xfinity is horrible now I got Xfinity calling me nonstop and not saying anything at all when I pick up and say hellow, I am thinking of getting rid of Xfinity all together and going Dish Network?
    But my question Is what Is MLB TV on MLB.com like, Is the HD picture good, Is there a lot of Pixalation, Is It worth It?

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    MLB TV is great - I've picked it up for the last few years, and as long as you have a decent connection, the quality is superb.

It really is the gold standard among the sports streaming services, as far as I know - I've had WWE, UFC, NFL Game Pass, MLS, NHL, and NBA services at one point or another - best is MLB. If streaming from certain devices, you can also mix the radio broadcast in with the TV coverage, which is great for people like you and me, Leoluca - YES coverage with John Sterling instead of Kay. :p

Chromide likes this.
  8. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it's true that the division was awful, but i was especially bummed because the mariners (despite not being great) had a chance to make the playoffs for the first time ever (they would make it the next year). also griffey was chasing maris along with matt williams. he had 40 home runs through 112 games.

i think ken griffey jr. was really the only reason the strike didn't kill my love for baseball. once the next season started and i got to see him play again it wasn't like all was forgotten, but i wasn't going to miss it. the steroid era on the other hand has hurt my love for the game until this day.

9. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    Well, the strike didn't hurt the Mariners. They beat the Yankees the next year in the ALDS (which led to the managerial change from Showalter to the man the New York press initially labeled as "Clueless Joe", who in turn was succeeded in St. Louis by Tony LaRussa).

The Expos got hurt the most by the Strike though. They went from the NL's best record to the road to relocation in one fell swoop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

10. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    MLB actually provide the streaming services for the WWE, NHL, ESPN and PGA Tour (and HBO). Their tech is definitely the gold standard.

heels1785 likes this.
  11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Concerning '94: being a young kid (7+ years old) definitely helped in not becoming bitter towards the strike; also, the developing O.J. Simpson murder saga provided lots of distractions, even if I didn't understand most of it/was shielded from some of the nastier details.

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Legend Dick Enberg is calling the Tigers-Dodgers series this weekend. One of the last of the true greats of the business left.

13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

A lovely look for Granderson; going to fit in seamlessly with this team. :D

14. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    yeah he did exactly what joc did every game

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    can't be remotely unproductive in that loaded lineup and expect to remain a starter

granderson has improved enough defensively that it should be a net gain for la. hopefully bellinger injury is only a few games.

DarthTunick likes this.
  16. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    i posted a week ago on the dodgers facebook page it will be great to have Agon back and immediately i got attacked and told that he would ruin chemistry and pederson or forsythe can't be taken out of the lineup because of chemsitry and 'they're doing a great job." smh

two games back and gonzalez is looking great , pederson is in AAA and it's pretty obvious the outfield in national league parks will be Puig, Taylor and Bellinger.
    Granderson gives them a pinch hitting bat mostly i think.

17. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I think he'll get more starts than you think he'll get. :p

I've got a feeling MLB is going to make this Little League Classic an annual event, and I dread if the Dodgers are ever in it; could barely get through the segment about it on yesterday's Quick Pitch.

18. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    oh i think he'll get starts. roberts has enough parts he's juggling lineups to keep everyone fresh. that's the outfield lineup i'd expect come playoff time.

19. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Was responsible for their only run today! :p

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  20. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    The concept and game were fine. ESPN, of course, can't help itself, so it was overproduced and the actual game was largely an afterthought. At one point, there was an in-game interview with Lance Lynn, during which they cut to a cameraman walking through the stadium so you heard a bunch of shouting Little Leaguers, while there were things happening in-game.

I'm sure they'll continue doing this and the game last year at Fort Bragg and they should, because it helps build the game. I'm in favor of expanding it, I think they should play the Future's Game at Doubleday Field in Cooperstown the same weekend as the Hall of Fame induction. But with ESPN invariably being involved, it's going to be brutal.

Amazing.

heels1785 and cubman987 like this.
  21. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Andrew Miller hurt again.

[​IMG]

22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Sorry Tunes. This is almost certainly a jinx that prevents your team from winning the World Series:

[​IMG]

23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Perhaps (concerning the playoffs in general for the Dodgers, my birthday jinx is more ironclad :p ), but as I've mentioned previously here (sorry JEDI-RISING), I wouldn't consider this season a failure if they at least win the pennant; that would still be something rather special, lots of excitement provided, etc. Now, should they not, then it's a whole different story. Baseball has always been, and will always be my favorite hobby/passion in life. Have greatly enjoyed many a World Series appearances from a lot of teams over the years, for a lot of reasons. Would be rather nice if I get that experience at least once* with the Dodgers.

*Eventually, duh, a World Series title before I die.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  24. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    DarthTunick if i ever get over to l.a. again during baseball season we will have to go to a game. although usually when i went in the past they lost.

DarthTunick likes this.
  25. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    What an absolute joke. A perfect game ruined because of an error. This is why Turner should have been at 3B......