main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Ignorance is Bias: The Diversity Manifesto

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 2, 2012.

1. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Shavits, I need to check this thread more often. Y'all were talking about Boba Fett being boring and I missed my window to drop a "You don't eat a barve like that all at once" line.

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    To this day I don't understand why Jango Fett wasn't just Boba Fett.

Revanfan1, Ulicus and CooperTFN like this.
  3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I bet that was an idea Lucas toyed with early in the game. His decision was probably based on a notion of having Boba and Han the same age for future stories (even ROTS when he considered adding young Han), although like many things, that never went anywhere.

Yet.

*stares at Han movie*

Also for those of you who think Jango was under-developed... SERIOUSLY PLAY THE BOUNTY HUNTER GAME. The story, the planets, the characters -- the whole thing is amazing. One of the best under-rated products of the old EU. It's the closest thing we ever got to a Dark Forces in the PT.

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I just replayed it myself, actually--the gameplay is super simplistic but yeah, it's every bit as important as Open Seasons as far as fleshing Jango out.

5. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    The issue boils down to the fact Lucas sees Star Wars as a children's movie series.

Hence, child characters!

He makes the mistake many parents do that children like child characters. No, we all hated them. Adults want to be children again but children want to be adults.

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Maybe, becouse then he would be a really old man by the time of ESB?

SpecForce Trooper and Daneira like this.
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    EDIT: sorry for the doubblepost but...

Stockholm Pride parade happened today and I watched it from time to time and you can not guess who I saw marching in the parade: Rey!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(I don't know who the cosplayer is)

8. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    They could have used the twenty-something actor playing the mature clones, to play "AOTC Boba", and differentiated him from the regular clones with haircut and lots of scars.

Then, the TESB Boba would be in his mid forties. Hardly too old to bounty-hunt, when you think how human Force Users are still deadly into their 70s-80s.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    But that would mean they cloned him when he was ten. :p

I'd have been fine with AotC "Jango" being about 35--only 6/7 years younger than Morrison at the time--and thus 60ish in the OT.

11. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    60 is the new 40.

12. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Which would actually be Very Good. He's supposed to be the greatest, most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy. It would make sense for him to be about 30 in Attack of the Clones and make a name for himself during the Clone Wars, so that by the time ESB rolls around he's a terrifying veteran.

Revanfan1, PCCViking and Kylun like this.
  13. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Boba Fett being older then Obi-Wan in the Original Trilogy seems very counterintuitive to me. And the clone template ought to have thoroughly proved his mettle before they decided on him.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  14. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    They could retcon the person in the armor who got eaten by the Sarlaac as Ailyn Vel.
    The Person never speaks in ROTJ other than a bit of grunting, which could have been filtered by the helmet.

15. unironically

unironically Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 14, 2017
    Yes, emulate it on Dolphin for best possible graphics and fps. (Even better than the PS4 re-release)

I still have the NTSC-J version for PS2, but it's called Star Wars: Jango Fett instead of Bounty Hunter.

16. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I imagine that's largely because we're used to him being a kid. Temuera Morrison is himself ten years older than Ewan McGregor, but why not instead make Boba Fett somewhere between Anakin and Obi-Wan's age? Or roughly Obi-Wan's age? That would make him about Tem's age by the Battle of Yavin.
    In Legends, Dooku held a contest/test.

17. DurararaFTW

Jul 5, 2014
    Ewan McGregor was cast to look right as both Qui-Gon's Padawan and Anakin's master. Temuera Morrison was cast to be Boba Fett's father foremost. Boba only had to sound like him. And I'd wager most people would judge Boba Fett younger then Guinness' Obi-Wan based on the original trilogy alone.

In Legends, Dooku held a contest/test.[/quote]

That's kinda short-sighted of him. Making millions of copies of someone based on a performance sample size of one.

Barriss_Coffee and Gamiel like this.
  18. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    You're starting with a sample of one no matter who you clone.

Iron_lord and Daneira like this.
  19. DurararaFTW

Jul 5, 2014
    I would have thought they cloned Jango because they had a good idea of what kind of fighter he was in at 20 to 34. If Dooku just held a single contest to determine which genetic make-up is superior, then yes, teenage Boba Fett could have easily worked.

20. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    When did that happen? I don't really like it tbh. Doesn't fit in with the rest of the story.

21. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    It happened in the Bounty Hunter game

22. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    I really don't understand WHY some people have an issue with Dooku holding a contest to see who should be the template of the clone army. It's not like Dooku held a lottery or something. All Dooku and Sidious need is someone who A) Is a good soldier B) Can kill Jedi.

Dooku posts a bounty Komari Vosa, his former apprentice turned Dark Jedi/cult leader. Jango (who btw already has a reputation as one of the best bounty hunters in the galaxy) tracks her down, kills a whole bunch of other scum and villainy along the way, and defeats her.

Also Dooku remembers Jango from when he was a Jedi, and was sent with a bunch of other Jedi to fight the Mandalorians on Galidran. Jango was the only survivor (at the time it was implied he was the last Mandalorian), and Dooku remembers how fiercely he fought, including killing one Jedi with his hands.

If your argument is "but he should have check more candidates!", there are lots of beings in the galaxy that can kill Jedi. (Aura Sing, Cad Bane, Durge). Sheev and Dooku don't need to clone ALL of them, they just need to find one man who fits their requirements.

Jaster Vhett and vncredleader like this.
  23. DurararaFTW

Jul 5, 2014
    Compare Samuel L Jackson's physical condition in his 50s to Mark Hamill's. Some people age better and that's gonna matter when you are selecting a subject for billions of clones intended to fight for you that age twice as fast. Genetics should have some sway when it comes to cloning rather then it just a prize won in a single open contest.

Daneira likes this.
  24. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I think Dooku just likes contests. I mean, he found Ventress in a fighting pit.

25. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Dooku secretly wants to be the host of the price is right CONFIRMED!!!