main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Freemaker Adventures - Season 2

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Jun 21, 2016.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Graballa seems perpetually put-upon which makes him oddly likeable and endearing. Most Hutts are literally wallowing in their splendor but he's always an inch away from frustrated goals and wealth. And his delivery is hilarious. The goons help too. The random Toydarian who just says "Yup" or "Nope" goes a long way.

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  2. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Man, I forgot how well put together this show is. I gotta commend the team behind it. The show is obviously a comedy at heart, but most of the action scenes are incredibly solid. They have some jokes scattered through, but all the characters are actually engaged in the fight, and except for one occasion, they usually prevail through their wits and skills as opposed to just being an idiot savant.

3. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    And not all of his schemes are criminal ones. I mean the resort investment is shady, but theoretically, he could make it work... if he were a) competent and b) had an investor. Oh, and c) didn't have Jabba breathing down his neck. And d) didn't have these Freemaker kids stumbling into everything he did. I love how his pet bounty hunters are jealous of Boba Fett. I really like his character development.

I also love Wick Cooper. I want him back. They've really managed to make the secondary characters interesting. Like Derlin, who is trying NOT to be promoted.

I'm thinking
    the new ship can't last though... really overpowered. Maybe they'll lose it while trying to rescue Rowan.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Durpin is trying not to be promoted.....Derlin is the Rebel from Hoth (played by John Ratzenberger) who showed in the series.

5. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Urgh, you're right...spellings are too close. Now if this was set after ANH, we could speculate that Durpin defects to the Rebellion, changes his name slightly, and hopes to survive the whole war in blissful anonymity.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I know I'm late to the party on this since I've just seen the series (and finished it less than 10 minutes ago haha).

But seriously, I'd love to see a canon version of this show because I mean whoa! It was fantastic to actually see what Luke and Leia are up to (and Lando and Chewie) since canon stuff either avoids them or just focuses on post-ANH :p.

7. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I have a stupid question here. We cut the cord after season one ended and I can't find a way of purchasing/streaming season 2. Does Disney not offer a streaming option for their shows that isn't linked to a cable account?

8. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I'm pretty sure you can buy seasons of Rebels on youtube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Next season what....Endor to Jakku and Kordy gets her dream job salvaging everything on Jakku??

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002

Yeah, you can purchase Rebels several ways. I can't find a way of watching the Freemakers, though.

11. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    YES!!! I CALLED IT!!!!
    Becky Smoochenbacher! For the Empire!!!

Who defects because [face_love]looooooove[face_love], but still...!
    Next stop... lottery ticket, baby!
    Kordy vs. Unkar Plutt... oh, the possibilities! And maybe Ackbar could ask them to find a flux capacitor for Daisy Mae...

I really loved that opening scene in the very first Episode where they were scooping up salvage while the battle was going on! And accidentally scooped up some pilots while they were at it.

But does Graballa get his resort?!! Another unresolved plot line...

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    would love to see Becky showing up in the next season more since her and Zander have connected

I want him to...I so want him to....that poor schlub has been so put upon that he needs a break.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    The idea that next season will be set in the dawn of the New Republic just makes me so happy. The creative team does such a fantastic job incorporating canon elements, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them based on Chandrila or dealing with the aftermath of Operation: Cinder.

--Adm. Nick

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I don't think a kid's show will get as heavy as to bring Operation: Cinder into it.

15. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I mean, this show is pretty existential at times. I could see it done in a toned down way.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  16. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    Oops, haha. Must've thought I was in the Rebels thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my kind of scum likes this.
  17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Damn, thus season was released rapidly, gotta catch-up..

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    After watching the second episode with the auction and Jedi inspiration planet, I just have to say that if no one has photoshopped Jello kneeling before Mop Mothma by time I catch up on the rest of the season, I'll be very disappointed in all of you ;).

"Mon Mothma, I'm honored that you have chosen me to lead the Rebel Alliance..."

EDIT- And they brought back Ratzengerger as Derlin and fit in a Hondo/Khan joke into the same episode. This is why I love this series.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Heh, never imagined I'd see a LEGO version of a Ranat. And hey, Zuckuss speaks in the 3rd person here, just like other Gand in the old EU.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I just watched that episode myself- glad they're keeping up the tradition of making the viewer/reader dislike Ranats ;).

Also, not only do you have the third person Gandspeak you mentioned, but you have IG-88 being an advocate for droidkind, lol.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    As an FYI, as long as you have Disney Channel (basic cable), it's available to watch in its entirety on the Disney App. Repeat: You don't need Disney XD or the XD app to watch season 2 at this point. I don't have XD and didn't buy them off amazon this time, but was happy to discover the whole season 2 available in the Watch Disney Channel app. Really enjoying them, as always!

My XFinity on Demand won't allow me to watch it through that service (because it lists the episodes as going through XD), but the Disney Channel App works perfectly.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    In another episode, MOC requests the use of an "S-thread tracker". That's a far deeper tech reference than I would have expected from even Rebels, let alone Lego.

23. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    There is an S-thread tracker in Rebels. The Grand Inquisitor puts one on the Phantom when he's tracking Tseebo.

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I was surprised there was a Watchmen reference of all things. And it was Rowan borrowing a quote from freaking Rorschach.

BigAl6ft6 and The2ndQuest like this.
  25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I must have missed that. That makes sense then- Lego referencing something mainstreamed via Rebels.