main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference The Conspiracy Club (The Crossing OOC)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by LordTroepfchen, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Yeah I know. There are hundred smarter things to do. But I wanted to stay in character. LEGO is not a killer (yet?). He is a peaceful man at heart who would at least try to talk to the man he considers his arch-enemy. Even if it would have been smarter to force him to reveal Simmons and then wipe everybody out who knows about us ... it wouldn't be him.

Then again they had no clue who I was. Smartest thing would have been to throw away Elena's phone and let Kyle die. They might never have found me. Also not Lego. But I hugely enjoyed the scene with the President so far. Was kinda hard to play him based solely on his info though. I know so much more than poor Sebastian.

2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Heheh.. Very glad you didnt kill him.

Might have started the prophecy, without you even knowing it... lol. Since none of US know why they are so freaked out....

But, LEGO's appearance might make him think. As LEGO had the PERFECT opportunity to kill him, but didnt. That might speak volumes. Or not. Hard to predict reactions. Either way, should be fun!!!!

:D

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh man...whew! [face_relieved]

I have to admit, you had me scared there for a moment...LOL!

It's definitely not going to get any easier. You certainly made an impression...I just need to decide how I want to tackle it (initial reaction included)! :p And funny you should mention Simmons. If that last plea didn't work, I was considering revealing him in a last-ditch effort.

Also, get well soon, LordT! [:D]

4. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Oh God, that was tense. I thought we have another dead president there! Great writing both of you. Also I wonder what the US Gov can do? Basically LEGO is blackmailing them into submission. I doubt they will find this acceptable.

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Thank you, TSG! :)

And nope, that won't go over well at all. This is going to be so interesting moving forward. ;)

6. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    That was one hell of a face-to-face. Really had me chew my finger nails. For a second I thought Lego will do it! This made the thing a lot more personal, I'd say.

Thanks everybody for the good wishes. A bit better now (probably the meds). So hope I am over the fever. But if my posts have a fever-dream quality ... that is not my prose skills, but just my natural state I am in.

And I have just written the final post of the game! Still a long way to go, but it forced itself into my mind while I was having my fever and I just wrote it on my iPhone.

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle: "Holy CRAP!!!"

I can see why the guy is paranoid. Bouncing around out of control, into different 'timelines'. And to know it happens only when yourself dies in another timeline. That would make anyone go insane....wow.

8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...and if I read that right, it also appears that our friend, Professor Cale, is immune to LEGO's abilities...

Very curious. I wonder what he's up to... [face_thinking]

9. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    No, I woke him up.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks for clearing that up! [face_peace]

I guess that's what happens when I'm only running on 4 hours of sleep...

11. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Or the fever induced updates of LordT got you confused. Get some sleep!

HanSolo29 likes this.
  12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh man...lots of juicy tidbits in there!

Very well done – excellent combo! :D

13. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Thanks. LordT set up a wonderful scene there. Really.

Yes, very interesting indeed. LordT surprised me with Cale. He gives Simmons a run for his money as the coolest NPC (and he has all the elements to become a villain if you ask me). A lot of thrilling insight.

I guess we slowly get the price for our incredible powers. The excessive use of them will have irreversible consequences. Problem is we are on a collision course with the Hunters now. Great Expectations, indeed.

And TSG's Maria scares the hell out of me. She basically infiltrated us. Quite an advantage.

14. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Can I just say this is becoming hard to watch, I know what my character doesn't and have had to scrap a few posts after going back over the last few pages to realize he doesn't know anything. He doesn't know what his saving voice looks like and so cannot realize something is wrong beyond the tone of voice changing on the phone. He thinks the pale guy in a hoodie is Simmons for crying out loud when I want to scream "It's not Sebastian! It's the bad guy version of another person you don't know exists! AHH!"

*Calmly sips a drink of water* Great posts everyone, this is such a thrilling game with so many different sides right now that it is amazing.

15. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    @Mitth-Fisto, actually you wrote Sebastian, when I believe you meant Simmons, right?

To be honest I totally underestimated the possibility that you guy read each other's post. My SotS experience was, that only 5% of players did that and the others enjoy their characters journey ... with us most of you follow the overall plot. So I had to adjust to this a bit. Also I believe it is always the best way to enjoy a game. I always did that myself.

But I expect to have everyone at some level of knowledge by the end of chapter 2. BTW my great appreciation to the effort all of you take to not godmod. This game survives only because all of you are so good at staying in character.

Update in 24 hours.

16. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Updated already ... the final "power" is revealed.

I got a few FAQ's which have come up lately. So I wanted to share the questions and answers with all of you ... to keep everybody on the same level.

How long is this game to last?

As you all might have realized we follow a certain string of events that I expect to come to a conclusion at some point, if enough players stay on board to end this game. I divide the game into three acts, of which we are in the second now.

Is this game set in the SotS universe?

No, it isn't. I hoped to do a kind of spiritual successor by providing a similiar fast-paced mystery thriller as Fin did back then. But this is not connected.

I personally felt there was nothing to add to SotS after it's conclusion.

Will we take new players at some point?

Nobody has signaled me to be interested in this and I guess this would be a game hard to join as the plot is pretty advanced at this point. But I am not saying it is impossible.

Will there be a sequel?

Haha, what do I know. I haven't planned one. This is not part of a trilogy or anything. But depending how it ends (and this more up to you guys then you might know) the possibility exists. Never say never. I advise to see this as a contained game though.

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I wanted to comment on this sooner, but it's just been a crazy few days. [face_tired]

First of all, thank you for the insight, LordT! That was very helpful, and let me say that I appreciate all that you do! I can't emphasize enough how much I enjoy this game and everything you put together here. The plot is stellar so far, and I love that extra level of realism everyone is striving for. At this point, I think I would be doing myself a disservice if I didn't go through and read all of the amazing posts and follow all of the characters. It's been one heck of a ride so far! ;)

Seriously loving Cale as well. But yeah, I trust him about as far as I can throw him! :p I agree that I can see him becoming one of the villains. He has all the right tendencies, and I can totally see him causing trouble on some level going forward.

And on a final note, I wanted to mention that I have a deadline coming up tomorrow, so I probably won't have the free time to start my post until Thursday. Maybe earlier if I get lucky and plow through these next few drawings without an issue? We'll see...I don't want to get ahead of myself. :p

18. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Glad you enjoy it and thanks!

I think it was Fin who once said, you need three things for a great game:

Great players, great players and great players.

I have those!

Actually it is easy to GM you guys and girls. I find great inspiration in your characters and in every post you guys do!

HanSolo29 likes this.
  19. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    :oops: Yeah, I meant to write Simmons because that is what my guy thinks, whilst I know it is Sebastian. Blargh. Sorry about that.

20. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Totally agree with every word HanSolo29 said. This is like an awesome TV Show, you just wait all week for the next episode.

So, I read through all the science stuff without the story stuff and I have a bad feeling about this. Cale explains that anyone from the future is a problem, because he slowly creates an ever growing paradox between what his past was and what the presence is. Understood. He can't be the same guy who went back when he talked and influences this guy now. Somehow could he get back and influence himself etc ... pretty bad. We also know Cale hasn't factored in the various timelines that Lambs is hinting at (also I think he is totally no expert so that might all be non-sense) ... and every time Future-LEGO fails to prevent the Desaster.

My theory. Future LEGO is causing the Desaster because his presence is creating the Paradox. He changes things farther and farther away from what they should be like until his past becomes impossible. Therefore he shouldn't exist. But he does. Crack. Time broken. I bet in the first iteration the world did NOT end! He travelled back for some other reason and then it began!

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...if that's true, that makes me curious how this all started. Did he just take a simple jaunt to see what it was like? Or did something more significant happen? [face_thinking] Either case, it's all very scary to think about.

And then there's the whole thing with the Mansfield Institute. I'm still trying to connect the dots with them, but I'm sure they are the key to all of this...

Finally, I wanted to mention that I am all caught up with my RL obligations, and I should have a post up later today or this evening.

22. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Yes, the Mansfield Institute is totally the Wild Card. They seem to pretty deep in science stuff, but not exactly too powerful. They send one freelancer to talk to Kawin? But Kawin was easy to locate. The others not so much. They are no intelligence group, Inguess. Not in the classical sense. The poor woman was basically dead already. And they seem to know about the Antville thing and the guy on his way to the US seems to know about the "abilities". How? Where from? Key player. By any means. One we know nothing about yet.

Cale said he knows 5 experts of which another two are Americans. Guess they might be the other three.

23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ohhh... my head hurts.

Yeah, I do wonder about Lambs. Bouncing around to timelines that his other self has already died in? If he is telling the truth, then that brings on an entirely new set of ideas.

Ouch...

24. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I would say if you look at all that was said and theorized ... also LordT packed it into very entertaining scientific rambling ... time-traveling could cause very bad things. And despite Kawin being able to travel back ten seconds ... which seems to benokay as he rewrites time ... the one guy messing with it is creepy Future-Me. So Cale IS wrong or he IS the problem. If he is the problem ... it is very unfortunate the Governemnt doesn't even know he exists. Only Simmons - whose mental health seems to be a bit shaky after meeting The source - knows of him and Kyle and me have a pretty good guess.

Bitter irony if the guy traveling through time to save the world is the one destroying the world through his actions.

25. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    No pressure but for those who want an update ... 24 hour update warning!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.