main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kenobi : Ewan McGregor in potential Kenobi movie OR series

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    That makes the most sense to me, but there are also some time between TPM and AOTC where Obi Wan had some significant events and adventures referenced in TCW. I really hope it is from the time directly following ROTS. I'm sure he had something going on during that time, or Owen wouldn't have any real reason to be so against Luke having anything to do with him.

JediMatteus likes this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm hoping it's a little further out from ROTS. Maybe 7-10 years after so we can see a little bit of young Luke. It doesn't need to be a ton but it'd be fun to see how much he takes after his dad. And of course we need at least one scene where he yells, "Now this is skyhopping!" :p

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Oh, the trouble wee Luke will get into whilst bullseyeing womprats.

4. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    An obligatory young Luke appearance feels inevitable, but I hope he isn't central to the narrative.

5. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    If Rey ends up being a Kenobi, then it will be necessary. Although I could see them still giving Obi-Wan a love interest (like with Satine), even if Rey is not a Kenobi. It would seem cruel if she died, like Satine, though. Especially what he has been through. :(

6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

A love triangle with Obi-Wan and Owen vying for Beru's attention....explains why Owen hates Obi-Wan :D

7. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Is this official? Is it true that a Kenobi movie is on the way? or this just rumor mill stuff?

8. Vasco_Rojo

Vasco_Rojo Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2016

Stop trolling and making things up, you do not know what you are talking baout

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    "Sources say..."
    All we have is that Hollywood Reporter stated that Lucasfilm is in talks with a Director who still has a film on his books for December 2019.

There isn't an official Lucasfilm announcement. (Is there?)
    To me it seems like something that usually happens quietly, but this somehow leaked out.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...star-wars-film-planned-director-talks-1030505

10. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I wouldn't go as far as saying this means Disney is ruining SW, but also wouldn't say people that have a different opinion are "haters."

SW isn't guilty of gross mismanagement at this point (or even mismanagement at all), but I think people will eventually lose interest in these OT regurgitations; I think SW could take a dive down the road if they don't start developing new characters and story lines before too long, . Yes, stuff like Batman or Bond has lived on, but through BIG changes despite keeping the main character's name and basic identity; think about how different the various eras of those movies are.

They have made good movies that have sold well so far with SW, that must be acknowledged, and they must be given the benefit of the doubt for a while (even if some of us don't personally like certain decisions they make for movies); but that doesn't not make them infallible. The mighty have fallen many times in the entertainment business.

11. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    "Well, I'm not the smartest person in the room for nothing," he said with great humility.

12. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I'd like enough time to have passed to see a noticeable change in Ewan's Obi-Wan.

Darth Downunder likes this.
  13. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Agreed & I think the best guess is a period around 8-12 years after RotS. For a few reasons. Firstly, that will fit in nicely with Ewan's own age & appearance. Secondly, an important consideration will be the age they'll want Luke to be depicted. I'd imagine an 8-12 year old Luke would be their preference. If he's any younger he's not going to be very active or interesting. Any older, as in a teenager & they'd need to try too hard to find a Mark Hamill lookalike. It'll also be dramatically interesting to feature an Obi-Wan who's already endured many years in isolation on this harsh world.

14. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    We have been hearing rumors on a kenobi spin off for a long time now. This is happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Agreed. Obi-wan closer to the OT era is what I'd like to see. And what a glorious tapestry of a chronological viewing experience ROTS, Obi-Wan, RO and ANH will be. Star Wars is getting better, IMO.

16. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Don't forget the Han Solo movie. Like another poster has said, it would be cool if we had antrilogy of Anthology movies set in the "Dark Times".

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

17. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    I don't know if I can get on board with the false Han Solo

18. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Just wait and see for yourself.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

19. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014

They've switched out Bond many times. I'll happily go see it.

20. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Not the same thing at all though an argument can be made that Connery was the first and best. We already got Harrison as a young and old Han. It's already covered . No one else can or should play that character.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  21. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014

Nah, it's just a character. It depends on how it actually shows up onscreen. You're probably not the only purist out there, though.

22. Matty20172018

Matty20172018 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2017
    Let's see the film first.

I'll admit that I was not really interested in seeing a Solo film. Kenobi is the one film I always did want to see, and it makes the most damb sense!

Ewan McGregor wants to do it!
    Kenobi is an absolute fan favourite in both the prequels and the originals!
    They have 18 years to explore with Kenobi. I see no reason why not more than one Kenobi film, set between Episode III and IV. I would love a trilogy! Why do all these other films have to be Stand Alone adventures. I think Kenobi could warrent another 1 or 2 films to explore his adventures during this time. And Darth Vader will absolutely be a big player in these films too!

23. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014

Young Han is the only way they could go with this character (Though it won't be long before this guy they got now is about as old as HF was in ANH), anything else would likely fall on it's face. Honestly, it's not a surprise that Disney would do this. One doesn't pay four billion dollars for a franchise with this many cornerstone pop-culture characters in it without exploiting it to the fullest. The whole point to any of this is for Disney to make money for it's investors, after all. No matter what our opinions on art or entertainment are.

24. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Solo's film didn't get an official announcement until shortly before RO was released, seems likely it will be the case for Kenobi's film.

25. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    As long as the movies are overwhelmingly well received, just as their first two have been, they can make as much cash as they want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.