main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kenobi : Ewan McGregor in potential Kenobi movie OR series

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Id be kinda shocked if an obi wan movie didn't happen at this point.

JediMatteus likes this.
  2. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    If LFL is really courting Daldry for this, I think that's a strong indicator that Kennedy and the story group want this Obi-Wan film to be more character-driven, rather than spectacle driven. Which I'm totally fine with! I'm sure even if it's slower paced, it'll still have 1-2 big set pieces, and occasion for Kenobi to light up his saber.

Danny Boyle (who has patched things up well with Ewan) would be another solid choice for sure.

3. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    They've got 19 years of timeline to play with, but I think since Ewan is most certainly going to do it (and he's aged really well), they should keep this story closer to Ep 3 than Ep 4. Maybe give him a little grey at the temples and set the story about 5-7 years after "Order 66." So we see a little boy Luke at some point. That would be cool.

But really it could time hop some. So we could see more of his initial arrival on Tatooine with baby Luke, and see him first settling in. His first trip into Mos Eisley etc.

I hope we see Anchorhead and as a town it looks very different from the Mos's. Hopefully!

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  4. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    False Obi-Wan is fine, however

PymParticles likes this.
  5. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I think the best story they could've told was the Twin Suns episode from Rebels. But they did that so well in the show. I'd like to see some memories with past characters, they could bring back Hayden, Liam Neeson, Sam Jackson... The main reason I want this is just to have the PT/TCW era back in the spotlight, even though it'll be between 3&4 no doubt, it'd still make sense he'd probably meditate to commune with Qui-Gon. I believe in the Ahsoka novel he even hears QGJ.

6. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Bringing Darth Maul back in a movie would be hugely confusing to the general audience, the vast majority of whom assume Maul has been dead since The Phantom Menace. The only place they could have told that story is in Rebels, the audience of which likely has a huge overlap with that of The Clone Wars crossover.

7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Like I suggested before, why not create a new villain?

8. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

I agree with this-there's that fine line there where Luke too young wouldn't be that interesting, and Luke too old would be too close to Luke in ANH, and the recast would be so close it would feel a little jarring. Although, I wouldn't mind foregoing Luke altogether and seeing Obi-Wan's dealings just after the end of ROTS-his struggle to get settled and used to things on Tattooine, perhaps contacted by other Jedi somehow (they could use this thread to put elements of the Jedi purge in there as a plotline), and Obi's conversations with the Lars family early on, while Luke is still a baby. The book Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader kind of touches on a little bit of this, and I loved it-while reading those parts, I actually thought "I wish there were a book just about this!" But again I will mention that I wouldn't mind seeing a film with him during the Clone Wars or even before that. It CAN be done, both story-wise and aging/technology-wise, so it's definitely possible.

I would LOVE a Rogue One style film, featuring Obi-Wan and Anakin, focusing on whatever mission they were on just before the events of ROTS. (I know Labyrinth of Evil covered this, but it's now "Legends" and I also didn't care for that one.) All the actors that would make sense to be involved could still do it, not to mention Grievous' capture of Palpatine could also be shown as well! Then-just like Rogue One-we see the iris out of Anakin and Obi-Wan hyperspace away towards Coruscant to rescue the Chancellor, connecting directly to the opening of ROTS.

Still though there are lots of ideas. This idea that the only time it can be done is while he's just sitting on his thumbs on Tattooine and there's not much to tell, doesn't make sense to me.

Alpha Cloudleaper likes this.
  9. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Yup. The dark times - period between ROTS and the OT - is the most intriguing era for me at the moment. Followed by the really ancient "origin of the Jedi" time period.

10. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    In canon, Anakin and Obi-Wan were at the Battle of Mandalore with Ahsoka right before ROTS.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  11. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    It's very different . We only had old obi Wan . We needed young Obi Wan. Harrison has already played both . Han and Harrison are far more iconic too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    When did he play 20-year old Han?

13. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Wait-I thought Ahsoka had left the order-like well before that....? At least that's how its portrayed in TCW series. Is this Battle of Mandalore from some other source, where they met up with Ahsoka again? I watched the whole TCW series-I don't remember this. At least I don't remember Kenobi and Anakin being involved and Order 66 coinciding with it. What episode is that in? Cos in the final episode in season 6 before it was cancelled, featuring Yoda, the Battle of Coruscant hadn't occurred yet...?

14. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    He doesn't need to that is the flipping point . Why ruin Han with some other actor . Tell the story in a novel or comic or tv series . Not this

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Is the title of this thread "101 reasons why a Han Solo film shouldn't be made"? No. Didn't think so.

JediMatteus and PymParticles like this.
  16. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Just like Obi-Wan was ruined with a new actor? Oh wait, that's totally different because reasons. Got it.

17. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Drop it. Now.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  18. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

Great. Dropped my coffee. Your fault. I've been conditioned by years of military special forces training to follow orders without question.

On topic..... I'm anxiously awaiting the announcement that Ewan will do the film. He was one of my favorite parts of the PT, and I'd love to see him get to really work his skills on that character in a different creative environment.

Here's hoping.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

Eagle 319 and Strongbow like this.
  20. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    TCW was canceled halfway during season 6. The Yoda arc was indeed the last arc that was aired. However, the scripts for the second half of season 6 as well as seasons 7 and 8 had already been written. These two-and-a-half seasons of scripts are the "Unfinished episodes" of TCW. Some of them have been however adopted in different media. 8 episodes featuring Asajj Ventress became the "Dark Disciple" novel, and four episodes featuring Maul after he was captured by Sidious became the comic series "Son of Dathomir".

According to Dave Filoni, even though all these episodes were never produced, they are still canon. The end of season 8 - which would have also been the actual series finale of TCW - would have featured Ahsoka, Maul, Anakin and Obi-Wan on Mandalore. Anakin and Obi-Wan were called to rescue the chancellor amidst the battle of Mandalore, which then would have led directly into ROTS.

The events of the Battle of Mandalore were also mentioned in some episodes of Star Wars Rebels, as well as the Ahsoka novel.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

Strongbow and DARTH_BELO like this.
  21. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003

Nice.

I didn't know all that, although I did know a few details like there was over a season's worth of scripts for episodes never produced. I suppose the fact that my pace of reading SW novels etc. has slowed dramatically (from about 5 a year to about 2) could explain why I wasn't aware what Son of Dathomir and Dark Disciple were really about. Still though, if the final episode was never produced, then to me it seems that would be a pretty good opportunity right there, already worked out and ready for development as a live action version of that story. Perhaps Obi-Wan wouldn't be the only main character in the film, but it could include Kenobi as a main character and follow his individual storyline more closely perhaps.

Darth_Voider likes this.
  22. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    I know I have single handedly derailed this thread twice . I'll stop there . Thanks for not banning me

23. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    maybe Liam Neeson could play obiwan if Ewan doesn't want to.

24. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    It was announced in the summer of 2016, along with Lord and Millar coming on board. So it was quite a while before.

25. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    That's kind of like what I've always imagined an Ob-Wan movie would be like... And I also think it's possible you could do more than one movie of Obi-Wan's adventures between ROTS and ANH.

Also, when he tells Luke [about the Cantina] that "the best space pilots are to be found here but watch your step this place can be a little rough" I've always assumed he has first hand experience of the Cantina and at some point he did leave Tatooine (with a "space pilot") to go on a "mission" or adventure of some description....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.