main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Jedi of the Republic: Mace Windu #1-5 (3/5 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darkslayer, May 18, 2017.

1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Fair points, both of you.

2. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Nomad is great... one of my favorite Star Wars stories, ever. I was just recommending it to a friend who was interested in getting into Star Wars comics.

The TCW episode with David Tennant as the Jedi robot lists three or four wars the Jedi were involved in that could be explored. Along with other stuff introduced in TCW like their version of the Mandalorian civil war or the ancient war with the Jedi that seems to be tied in with Malachor.

3. YoungSmitty2

YoungSmitty2 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2017
    While I am excited for this new Mace Windu comic, I do want to see the writers branch out from the Clone Wars/Rebellion era. If I were entirely honest, I would love to see stories entered around either the Dark Times era (Basically the Game Of Thrones era in Star Wars before the Yuuzhan Vong War in the old EU), the time period between TPM and AOTC by showing us how the Sith were able to degrade the Republic to the point where Dooku was able to create the Confederacy and how the Jedi and Republic loyalists tried to keep the peace intact, and something centered around the New Republic era (Because that void is about as empty as my love-life and we need to see Luke's new Jedi Order in action before TFA decided to kill them all off.)

Also, I would love to see a Dooku novel centered around his time as a Jedi up to the point of where he's knighted by Sidious into the Rule of Two done by James Luceno.

J_K_DART likes this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Really? Yikes! Poor Quandrinaros! First his power coupling blows and then that?

Darkslayer likes this.
  5. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Jedi of the Republic - Mace Windu #1 preview
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Looks like this comic will be a nice treat for Kit Fisto fans

7. Commander_Andersen

Commander_Andersen Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 10, 2004
    Couldn't decide whether to buy the individual issues or wait for the TPB. The preview has convinced me - off to the comic book store next week!

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Ahhhh this brings back the nostalgia of when PT Jedi comics were all the rage and they were like the X-Men team with their special powers. I missed those days.

It's also cool the Miraluka are back. That's one species I was worried wouldn't make the EU/NEU switch.

9. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Is Prosset Dibbs a Miraluka?!

There's very little to infer from the preview regarding the story. I don't like the art at all sadly. Maybe I'm spoiled by the art of Duursema when it comes to the clone wars era, but the characters look goofy in certain panels. On the other hand, the colors are beautiful, so kudos to the colorist.

Vialco likes this.
  10. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Yes, Owens did confirm on Marvel.com that Prosset is a Miraluka.
    And yes, I sorely miss Duursema's art.

11. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    This appears to be very early in the war. Like days, or weeks after Geonosis.
    Its nice to see that there was a bit of an emotional affect on the survivors of Geonosis, reminds me of similar conversations that were had In the original Clone Wars comics.

Artwork looks a little weird, but It still looks cool.
    And I love that we are introducing some new Jedi that do not have the same plot armor as those we know will survive until episode III at the earliest.

Was that Depa Billaba at the end of the second page? She doesn't look old enough to be her, but there is a physical resemblance. Given the art style it could very well be.

Really I'm just happy we are getting stories about the council, and other side characters beyond the Main Characters we usually follow. There is a lot more room for them to shine, as we know relatively little about what they did during the war, and the sort of missions they went on.

Very interesting. I look forward to reading more.[face_thinking]

12. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    What is she up to these days anyways?

13. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Yes a new Clone Wars story! It was interesting seeing Mace standing before the Council with him being a member of it. Did that ever happen in Legends or is this the first time we've seen this?

14. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    "A shame, I find those chairs to be quite comfortable."
    [face_laugh] That feels like a bit of lampshade hanging to me.

15. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I wonder if they will talk about how Kit JUST got the seat on the council like a week ago and specifically because a fellow Jedi died. Then again said Jedi was Coleman Trebor so no one would care

16. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I'm sure somebody somewhere cares for Trebor.

Wasn't he like the Councils press liaison in legends?
    Mayhaps not relevant to canon but still interesting.:p

Revanfan1 and vncredleader like this.
  17. Commander_Andersen

Commander_Andersen Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 10, 2004

Coleman Trebor fan here. *insert uncontrollable sobbing emoji*

18. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Oh yeah Trebor is actually a really really cool character imo for that reason., So nice to have a Jedi with little to no combat viability who is still on the council for his political and humanitarian (not the best word but it will do) efforts. That is a really important fact and having him die and be replaced by a very combat focused Kit is telling of the change the Jedi are undergoing in the Clone Wars

BookExogorth likes this.
  19. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Ki was on the Council in TPM...

20. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Kit Fisto, not Ki-Adi-Mundi.

Revanfan1 and vncredleader like this.
  21. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    As long as I've been waiting for this story, I almost couldn't follow the dialogue because I kept getting distracted by some of the seriously weird/goofy faces in it. Shaak Ti are you...are you okay... [face_rofl]

[​IMG]

22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Now that I've seen that, I'm finding it almost impossible not to be distracted by the faces.

23. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    I'm also a fan of Mace and his enormous Japanese horror movie ghost mouth. [face_rofl]

[​IMG]

24. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Its kind of sad we can only see like half the Jedi council in the preview.
    You just have to wonder how they would draw some of the other members, like Even Piell, or Eeth Koth.:p

TK-421 Is vader likes this.
  25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lol Mace and Ki-Adi both making the effort to be drinking tea over holocam.

Also looks like lost his swim trunks Master Fisto has. How embarrassing. How embarrassing. :yoda: