main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Jedi of the Republic: Mace Windu #1-5 (3/5 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darkslayer, May 18, 2017.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Sigh. Okay, I won't buy it. I was wavering because on one hand the art really is horrendous but on the other it is Mace. But a comic with art this unappealing isn't worth my money.

2. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    No clones? Damn, I hoped to see Commander Ponds.

Well, the art isn't the best tbh, but the story sounds interesting.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  3. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Working on a project called Hexer Dusk together with Ostrander. Funded on kickstarter.

4. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Never heard of it. It's a shame that their formidable talents aren't working inStar Wars anymore.

5. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    It's going to be published with the support of their fans, so unless you're following them (particularly Jan) on social media it's easy to miss it.

It is a shame indeed, but the Marvel people are reading these threads, and they know that most of us want them back. Del Rey is doing a great job by hiring classic SW authors and newcomers to the franchise alike. Marvel should do the same for the comics.

6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    If we're going to talk about faces, check out Kit Fisto in the background of the first panel on the first page. Just...yikes.

SilentGuy66, spicer, Vthuil and 3 others like this.
  7. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I just looked at it and holy ***p you're right. That is utterly terrifying!!

8. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

#newprofilepic

9. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I think the close ups of individual characters look decent.
    It's just when they are seen from far away that the artwork gets a little awkward...

SilentGuy66, Vthuil and Revanfan1 like this.
  10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Well... I won't sleep tonight.

Vthuil, vncredleader and Revanfan1 like this.
  11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Huh, didn't notice. I was too distracted by the shot him swimming naked. [face_hypnotized]

vncredleader, Revanfan1 and Senpezeco like this.
  12. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    It reminds me of this moment from Phineas and Ferb, for some reason. One of my favorite random bits in that show.

13. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    We all were my friend, we all were ;)

14. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Shame about the artwork. It's average at best. Yoda has never looked so bad and Mace's face changes in every panel. It's almost abstract with anything that's in the backgroud. Why aren't Marvel investing more in the artists for one of their most popular and successful comic brands? I did a google image search for Denys Cowan and some good things turn up, so is this another case of a rushed job?

vncredleader and Vialco like this.
  15. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    We need artists who draw fast but are always consistent...............ok no more beating around the bush GET CHRIS SAMNEE!!!

Revanfan1 and Jedi Ben like this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Can't, he and Waid are doing the ultimate rebuilding job on Captain America after the Secret Empire fiasco.

BigAl6ft6, J_K_DART and CooperTFN like this.
  17. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Oh yeah cause Waid needs another Cap run. Though yeah they need everyone to pitch in in fixing the garbage can fire that is SE

BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Ben like this.
  18. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Had an old legends style start with the whole classic Jedi/General moral dilemma the old comics liked to spout however I felt the pink Jedi girl was a bit too "Aphra" with her overly happy-go-lucky-quips among serious characters

"Windu has got to be in the top 5 Jedi of all time...don't worry Fisto you're still in the top 20." :rolleyes: I honestly expect her at some point to say "LOL" within the next four issues.

spicer, Grievousdude and kalzeth like this.
  19. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    Solid first issue as it harkened back a bit to DH style although I agree that the writing and dialogue isn't as good as evidenced by the pink jedi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  20. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Eh, I thought she was funny. Not as funny as the artwork, but still.

J_K_DART likes this.
  21. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    There's a pattern with remaking the faces of prequel Jedi.
    [​IMG]

Shadowrain10 and vncredleader like this.
  22. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    I thought the first issue is ok story wise, as it serves it's purpose well for setting up the story. The dialogue is ok, although I am not a fan of the slapstick humour by the droids. It was one of the things I disliked about TCW, but no fault for that goes to this, as the comic will try to be consistent with the show. I really liked that the planet has a specific orbit/rotation cycle so that it doesn't receive sun light like a "standard" planet does. Kudos for breaking from the "generic" planet mould even a tiny bit. The mercenary droid at the end has a cool design, and is the highlight of the issue when it comes to the art; IMO, the artwork is some of the worst from the Marvel comics :( Also, as others have noted, it's a cool nod to Dark Horse's Jedi: Mace Windu one shot that the Jedi have doubts about going into war.

J_K_DART and SilentGuy66 like this.
  23. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    AD-W4 kinda reminds me of Durge.

24. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I really enjoyed this issue. The artwork was a little rough in some parts, but I still liked it. The dialog was great, definitely one of the funniest Star Wars comics in the new canon. The artwork and dialog all reminded me of The Clone Wars, and considering my love of the show, that is a pretty big complement.

25. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    The story looks nice. I wish I could say the same about the art tho. The characters are likeable.

I'm confused about the size of the Octuptarra. It looked way too small, in on panel even smaller than the B2. Is it just unlucky drawn or is this a new model?