main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fantasy Flight Games and the Star Wars TCG

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 7, 2012.

1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    If they wanna release a wave dedicated to the old EU's classic ships, the Corellian gunship, Lancer frigate, and Dreadnaught would all be excellent choices. Ditto the Carrack cruiser, though I'd add the Strike-class medium cruiser too.

Being a fan of the old Rebellion computer game, I'd gladly fork over cash for a Dauntless-class cruiser or Liberator-class cruiser too. :D

The Dreadnaught was used by both sides, maybe release one that has Imperial and Rebel bases/cards? That way a player could use them for either faction.

--Adm. Nick

2. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    While I'd also love it if the Rebellion expansion had added new planets, I can kind of see why they haven't. They'd have to make a new board, and they'd have to tweak the balancing a bit. (More planets means more places the Empire needs to search for the Rebel base, and sense the Rebels win by running out the clock they'd gain a bit of an advantage.) At that point it makes more sense to make a whole new game instead of an expansion.

As for Armada and X-wing, I'd like to see more Clone Wars ships.

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    You're unlikely to get that. They're not bringing in stuff from the bad terrible awful un-Star Warsy prequel era unless they can find a way in their minds to justify the inclusion of the craft. The ARC-170 is a good guide here; it filled a role for them in the game whilst also being justified as "antiquated and retrofitted."

There's almost nothing else though that would make sense to include.

4. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    It'll be interesting when they start bringing out more rebel ships like say the three prominent background ships in the Alliance Fleet.

Two already have fan designations: The Sullustan dreadnaught and the Mon Calamari MC20 corvette.

The other might be a Kesselian blockade runner since it resembles a CR90 corvette but something seems more off about it.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Maybe they could just release, like, the nose of the Executor. To scale, of course.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

6. JediBatman

May 3, 2015
    Say what you will about the prequels, but I've always liked the vehicle designs. And yes, the way they introduced the ARC-170 as retrofitted by the Rebels is exactly the way I think they should go about it. There's been comics that show the Rebels using CIS Providence Class ships, and I'd imagine the Venators would still be used by some Imperials. (Hell the Victory Class is still in Armada even though the Venator has pretty much usurped it's role as "early Star Destroyer".)

I know, not likely since there's no longer a movie for them to promote, but I can dream. And since the "Scum" faction ship for this X-wing wave was an obscure ship that only ever appeared in Star Wars Galaxies, maybe they'll dip more into the Prequel well as they run out of the more well known OT ships.

Barriss_Coffee, Vthuil and Gamiel like this.
  7. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    The N-1 starfighter would be easy to do- Leia, Shara Bey, Queen Soruna as pilots.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    And the N-1 is one of the best PT designs.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

MercenaryAce and my kind of scum like this.
  9. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    If they do a mixed fighter pack, you could release the U-wing & N-1 for the Rebels and the TIE Striker and RO Shuttle for the Empire. All four designs are iconic, plus the N-1 was used post-Endor, so there is a logical reason for it.

Given that Wave VII is two large base ships, I'm guessing the next way is a small/medium base ship for each faction plus new fighters.

--Adm. Nick

10. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    I am really interested in the FFG art but not really playing the game. Are there any sites that show all the graphical assets on cards and in the games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. JediBatman

May 3, 2015
    Lots of those artists post on DeviantArt and/or have their own websites. If you search "star wars fantasy flight" and sort results by "Popular All Time" you should find what you're looking for.

Otherwise, if you go to the Wookieepedia page for a certain FFG game or RPG book, a lot of them have a link to images from that product. For example:

http://showcase.starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Images_from_the_X-Wing_Miniatures_Game

kalzeth likes this.
  12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    The issues with the N1 is that it's not really filling a role that the Rebels don't have amply filled already.

X-Wings, A-Wings, B-Wings, K-Wings, E-Wings, ARC-170s and Y-Wings all have roles to play. Near as I can tell, the N1 would be a slower and less maneuverable X-Wing. They may do it, and the V-Wing for the Empire, after Battlefront II's released but the N1 just doesn't seem to offer the Rebels much at all that they don't have already.

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The N1 has a slightly higher maximum acceleration that the T-65 (3750G compared to 3700G, using Legends figures).

Given how good Anakin is at barrel-rolling it ("I'll try spinning, that's a good trick") it might benefit from the Barrel Roll action, which is rare among Rebel starfighters.

One way of "giving it a niche" might be to give it manoeuvres that other cheap Rebel ships generally don't get, like Tallon Roll

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/246706-n-1-naboo-starfighter-for-x-wing/?page=2

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    Will Legion have story books similar to the fluff codexes of Warhammer? I could use more tales of different Rebel cells or Stormtrooper regiments fighting in the war.

15. JediBatman

May 3, 2015
    Highly unlikely. Those are two very different animals. When you've got a game about several different fantasy races fighting each other, it makes sense to fill whole books with lore. If you made a Codex for, say, the stormroopers, even if it was a special unit like the 501st, all the info about their training, equipment, history ect. would still only fill a few pages at most, nowhere near a full book. Besides there are already Legends books like The Imperial Handbook and Essential Guide to Warfare that give us lore about the militaries of Star Wars.

Best case scenario you might get a tie in book the way Battlefront and its sequel did. But its still unlikely.

16. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    Thanks. A pity then.

17. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Is it a pity? Nobody who will buy Legion needs that. We don't get fluff with any other FFG tabletop games. I don't think at this point Star Wars needs people to help set the scene to it. :p

I could see Armada including things like Corellian Gunships, Dorneans, Lancers and Carracks. Thinks like the CC7700, CC9900 and Dauntless-class from Rebellion might be too esoteric but there's nothing to say they may not go there too.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/28/true-professionals-dead-precise/

Article on the upcoming Heart of the Empire expansion for Imperial Assault. New ability for Vader, whom they correctly note rarely gets deployed because of his cost of 18 (you could do more with stormtrooper squads, in the short # of rounds you have). Some glimpses of tiles including a Jedi temple chamber, and a platform with an airspeeder similar to the one seen in Attack of the Dreadfully Bad Prequel.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    This looks like some sort of fancy room.

[​IMG]

Is it weird to want this expansion just for the background art?

20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    It's weird when any of you buy these for art. Like, you deserve to be judged by roleplaying nerds of all people.

It's also not background art. It's game board.

It looks like an office. 4 entrance ways.

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    You're a game board.

Daneira likes this.
  22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    No these are game boards:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are not "art pieces".

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    kalzeth likes this.
  24. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    It would serve as a cross between the X-Wing and A-Wing I would think. 2/3/2/3 or so with a torpedo and astromech slot.

25. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...geez, he must have really ticked you off.

Ender Sai likes this.