main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Darth Maul in Star Wars Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, May 22, 2013.

1. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Yeah, they should have done more with Maul and saved his eventual death for the last season.

I still wish the entire Dark Ezra thing happened and Ezra went full on Dark Side as Maul's apprentice only to be turned back to the light at the very end to sacrifice himself to save his former friends at the end of the show.

Maul with Ezra forming their own Dark Side Rebellion against the Emperor using crime organisations and disfranchised and more extreme Rebels could have been a great story.

I do wonder why they abandoned the entire storyline of Ezra falling to the Dark Side? Did they change their minds or did they actually never planned for Ezra to go to the Dark Side and those small teases we got were all they ever planned?

Sudooku likes this.
  2. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Any ideas what became of the Jedi holocron and the Sith holocron after Twin Suns?

3. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015

[​IMG]
    Left in the desert. A Krayt dragon swallowed them and chocked.

4. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    So I guess we'll see soon some Jawas selling them to bypassers at Mos Espa or Mos Eisley like they did with the Jedi-holocrons in the Lego New Yoda Chronicles [face_rofl]

Thank you! :)

5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    do you want a Darth Krayt? Because that's how you get a Darth Krayt. :D

revan772 likes this.
  6. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    When will the Galaxy ever learn that Maul isn't around anymore, if Obi-Wan did not erect a memorial stone for his old adversary?

Will we see soon Palpatine in S. 4 feeling the loss of his former apprentice in the force while Vader is kneeling before him?

Sidious: I felt a presence fade into the force. Maul, my first apprentice, is gone.

Vader: Do you know, who did it, my master?

Sidious: That doesn't matter anymore. But for you, my apprentice, it's high time now to finish your apprentice!

Vader: It will be done, my Lord.

7. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017
    Maul isn't a Sith and his beliefs are possibly the closest thing to Snoke we've seen. I enjoyed seeing him on Rebels

8. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015
    Maul is no longer a Sith would be more precise. However, he did use to be one.

In this, he's very similar to Ahsoka actually.

She's no longer a Jedi, however she is still using the light side of the Force, while Maul is still using the dark side and the methods and combat techniques he learned as a Sith.

They just no longer follow the belief systems of their respective Orders.

Vialco and Erkan12 like this.
  9. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    What believes of Snoke are you referring to exactly?

That's why I ship these two since I saw "The Empire Strikes Out" (LEGO) and "The Wrong Jedi"

10. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    And that's also why they failed against their respective opponents ; Vader and Kenobi. They had no order and they had no vision, thus they weren't powerful enough.

11. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017
    I should have been more clear, I don't know for a fact Snoke's beliefs. It hasn't been revealed yet, It's only have a theory.
    Both Snoke and Maul are not Sith, but they are Darkside users.

I believe Maul wanted Ezra as an Apprentice due to the potential of him using both Light and Darside techniques to accomplish their goal by any means necessary. I believe Snoke chose. Kylo Ren because he's able to tap into both Light and Darside force abilities to accomplish a goal.

I might be wrong but that's what I believe

Snoke and Maul not being Sith, but being Darkside users is not a Theory. Snoke holds no Sith title and gives none to his Apprentice. In the end of the novel Emperor's End Sidious destroyed his Empire to make something new, The New Order.

12. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    That a person can use both Dark and Light side methods contradicts so clearly TotJ, where Exar couldn't use the Light side anymore as soon as his spirit was corrupted by the force ghost of Freedon Nadd. I neither believed this...

... nor that in TCW Cad Bane had to kill Bolla Ropal and to blackmail Anakin by kidnapping Ahsoka, that her master may open the Jedi holocron, which neither Sidious nor Dooku were able to open allegedly. So It's fine for me that Rebels walks on a more realistic path having Ezra opening Sith holocrons as well as Jedi holocrons.

Nevertheless I doubt that we will see Snoke opening Jedi holocrons.

BTW: Was Maul able to open the Jedi holocron too on Dathomir or was that Ezra's part alone.

13. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    My one big issue with Maul was lack of an apprentice. I don't buy into the whole "Sheev says he is no longer Sith so he is no longer Sith." Unless he moved away from his selfish, power hungry ways then he is still Sith.

I would have liked for us (the viewers) to see him have an apprentice....and maybe the apprentice in conflict with the heroes but they don't know the apprentice is associated with Maul...maybe presents him/herself as an Inquisitor. That way after the death of Maul...and later Vader and Sheev...the Sith continue...not as powerful or influential....but they are still out there.

As far as Ezra being referred to as apprentice...this is part of Maul's game...he would have pitted Ezra and this other one against each other to see who was stronger.

That would have been a legacy...a continuation of the Sith line.

14. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I excuse it as him maybe being in a bad place after Savage died. Wouldn't want to instantly replace his brother. Of course, I can see the opposite too- what better way to get revenge than a new apprentice. I think there's a lot of interesting possibilities they can still explore between Son of Dathomir and Twilight of the Apprentice, including new apprentices. Maybe even a Vader vs. Maul (how else would he know he's not strong enough to defeat Vader as he says in TotA?).

Sudooku likes this.
  15. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    A Master without an Apprentice is a Master of nothing

16. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Why would Maul self identify as a Sith though?

17. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    The Holocrons weren't involved in the Dathomir episode. If you mean the first appearance of Maul in season 3, there was a whole scene involving him screaming impotently at the Jedi Holocron as he tried to force it open. Don't tell me you missed the Rubik's Cube memes, they were all over the internet at the time!

They still follow the belief system, it's the organizations that they've left behind, and perhaps some specific teachings. For example, I doubt that Maul would make a "Only two there are" speech to Ezra like he did to Savage. Or that he would insist on a strict master/apprentice relationship like he did with Savage. His wish for an apprentice stems from both wanting to leave a legacy behind and wanting the companionship that he and Savage had.

Vialco likes this.
  18. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    I refered to that scene where Maul and Ezra did combine the holocrons to show them how to destroy the Sith, as Maul told Ezra.

And I will see that first appearance of Maul in S. 3 exactly in one week when our local Disney-dealer will air it a second time. The first time I missed it. After that only I will take resort to view it in the www once more to compare and to conclude.

19. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015
    They still follow the belief system, it's the organizations that they've left behind, and perhaps some specific teachings. For example, I doubt that Maul would make a "Only two there are" speech to Ezra like he did to Savage. Or that he would insist on a strict master/apprentice relationship like he did with Savage. His wish for an apprentice stems from both wanting to leave a legacy behind and wanting the companionship that he and Savage had.[/quote]

The Rule of Two and the strict master/apprentice relationship are both pretty important parts of the Sith belief system. In fact I would argue that they are at the core of Sith teachings.

Maul was still using the dark side, however using the dark side of the Force doesn't make you a Sith. Maul was fuelled by his pain and anger for everything that he lost and yes, he wanted Ezra as a sort of replacement for Savage, but he no longer cared about Sith beliefs and rules. He didn't care about taking revenge on the Jedi in general or building a dark side empire, he just wanted revenge against the people who hurt him personally.

Vialco likes this.
  20. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maul is whatever he wants to be. He was like SW's version of Captain Barbosa, he changed everytime you saw him on screen and his true intentions and motives were always secretive and deceptive . He was a rogue Sith Lord even during Rebels, and remember, Opress was a Sith Apprentice but did not go by Darth .

MAUL: To defeat your enemy, you must know your enemy. Even practice their beliefs.

Maul, Talzin and Vader appear to be affluent in Mechu-deru.

Cool line, could be a clue to the future...

Darth Maul: You cannot kill a Sith - Battlefront II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWHQ77BZDZg

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I got some news for Maul there....

22. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    Not a fan of the return to the pre-Naboo characterization, to be honest. I want dramatic, grand-standing Maul, not silent badass Maul.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Although I much prefer TCW and Rebels Maul it makes sense since way more people know him as the silent one then TCW and Rebels Maul.

24. Sudooku

May 31, 2014

Finally I have seen the third episode of S. 3. and I was surprised positively and negatively.

The hangar, where the Ghost and Maul landed; Was that the same hangar on the asteroid crescent near Ord Mantell showing up for the first time in “Son of Dathomir”? Great re-call!

Then the hostage-taking. So many memories on Maul’s first public presentation via the holo-projector in the Jedi-Temple, while Maul was executing some villagers at Raydonia. So you see clearly the writings on the wall, which forecast Maul’s termination, while going back his life step by step.

I was a bit surprised Maul coaxed the information about the Jedi-Holocron out of Hera so easily. I always thought, strong-minded individuals could resist such a mind-invasion, be it from Jedi or Non-Jedi. I supposed Hera to play in the league Cad Bane did during the “Holocron Heist”. When he would just blackmail Hera to get that information, it would have made more sense to me.

It was also really funny how Maul tried to open the Jedi Holocron desperately. I wonder why he was so impatient, while usually he played nice until he got what he wanted. Or did we miss only his gentler approaches earlier?

The attempt to kill the Ghost-crew seemed a bit off character for the Maul I expected to happen. But of course, when his end is already sealed LFL needed one more justification to send Maul off the agenda while ANH is looming ahead.

Also the flickering holocron of Obi-Wan, indicating Ezra, that Obi-Wan might be in danger: Nice re-hash to Ep. I where Sio Bibble's speech faked by Maul transmitted by him to Padmé was recognized by Qui-Gon as a trap.

Nice catch that Kanan could see Ezra for the brief time the holochrones were fusioned. A forecast, what else they can do together? I know a fanfic, where the Sith-holocron is used exactly for this. Already Freedon Nadd could do great healings with the power of the Dark Side.

25. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I'm a major fan of The Clone Wars but when they announced Maul coming back I had a mixture of feelings. I was mostly happy to see a very underused villain return. Then when TCW was cancelled and we were left with a cliff hanger on Maul's fate. I was so pissed. At the time I just wished they would've left him dead. Then he showed up in Rebels and my heart started racing and I couldn't stop smiling. Then in his finale episode with his show down with Obi-Wan we got to see Obi-Wan get his one Sith kill. Something I've been wanting to happen. I was a bit underwhelmed by the fight but after thinking about it I'm glad it went down the way it did. Quick and simple. Seeing Obi-Wan holding Maul in his arms as he passed was actually a sad moment. I don't know if anyone realized before hand but it hit me in that moment that Maul went there to die. It was a great ending for a character. I only wished the episode would've focused more on Maul and Obi-Wan and less on Ezra.