main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia Organa) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MattOrgana, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
  2. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    I think Leia will have big role in episode 8 and wouldn't surprise me if thy found away to write her off via Leia dying in a heroic act.

3. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Yep that seems possible.

4. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    but they said they didn't change the script of TLJ after Carrie's death. So whatever was planned for her character for ep8 (and we know she was supposed to return in the next movie) it is what we're gonna see this december. Only with ep 9 they'll have to deal with it.

5. Grand Master Galen Marek

Jun 22, 2014
    Yep I know.

6. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
    Eight months since our Princess left us to become the brightest star in the sky, here and in a galaxy far, far away. :leia:@};-

[​IMG]

11-4D, Claire1976, KSennia and 4 others like this.
  7. Eugene3

Eugene3 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2017
  8. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
  9. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
  10. Grand Master Galen Marek

Jun 22, 2014
    Lovely Leia.

jaqen and Gigoran Monk like this.
  11. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I think that Pop is going to be the first thing I look for on Force Friday.

12. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    According to Jen Heddle (editor of LFL), Claudia Gran's new Leia book that comes out this Friday will link to Leia in TLJ. Given that the Leia book is based on Leia's years pre ANH, any guesses to how it will link to TLJ?

13. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Michael Siglain, creative director for Lucasfilm Publishing: “It’s just a different journey than last time [with Journey to The Force Awakens]. There are still some Easter eggs in a couple of pieces that will make sense after seeing the film. But this one is more thematically tied to The Last Jedi.” (July 20, 2017)

Michael Siglain: “There’s a very strong connection to some things from The Last Jedi [in Leia: Princess of Alderaan], which, again, once you see the film will make sense.” (July 20, 2017)

It doesn't necessarily have to all do with Leia in TLJ. For example, thematic parallels with her offspring.

14. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Not sure how much Leia and Kylo have in common. Leia was pushed into the political life at a very young age. Ben went down the Jedi path under his uncle's mentorship (not sure at what age). Leia grew up in wartime, Ben grew up in a time of peace. I guess they both grew up in privilege and wealth.

15. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I have Bloodline but still haven't read it.

Makes me wonder if I should read the young Leia book first then read Bloodline?

16. dogprivilege

dogprivilege Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    What if leia knew snoke pre anh

Darth Smurf and KSennia like this.
  17. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Interesting that the new Leia Funko pop, even though it's her in her Last Jedi garb, refers to her as "Princess Leia" not "General Leia." So is she back being a Princess in this film?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    I suppose if the Resistance is destroyed, or her position is usurped or given to someone else, they wouldn't be calling her General anymore.

The TFA LEGO and early Funko Leia figures were labeled Princess Leia not General Leia. Carrie Fisher said the change to General was something she didn't act as because it happened too late. There's a much larger lead time between toy manufacturing and the movie than books and the movie, like how the figures for TFA leaked in December 2014 that were intended for Force Friday September 2015. (The first mention of General Leia IIRC is in the book Moving Target.) And throughout the art of TFA book, the concepts are for Princess Leia not General...and TFA's Princess Leia was going to have a ponytail which can still be seen in the behind the scenes footage with Carrie Fisher in costume.

Carrie Fisher: “I wear general outfits…Uh, no, I haven’t changed [how I play Princess Leia] because I’m General because they didn’t tell me I was General until it was too late! And then I was suddenly General [Organa].” (December 22, 2015)

She also asked Oscar Isaac on the TFA premiere red carpet if he knew that she was supposed to be a General in their scenes together and he said yes and mentioned the reshoots.

19. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
    As much as I love "General Organa", I'm all for Leia being addressed as "Princess Leia" in TLJ. She definitely looks much more regal than military, in her new outfits.

Claire1976, Master_Lok and nightangel like this.
  20. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
    Mark Hamill on Luke Skywalker's return, losing Carrie Fisher

21. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

I read Bloodline as my first ST era book after seeing The Force Awakens. It was probably one of the most enjoyable SW books I've read. There wasn't anything in there that I didn't understand, after having seen TFA. Should be fine.

11-4D and jaqen like this.
  22. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I don't for the life of me understand why they can't use cut footage from 8 to use in 9 - are they stupid or something , Carries brother said they were going to do this but Kathleen said he was confused - no confusion Kathy you just changed your mind :mad:

23. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Stupid? Rian Johnson didn't expect Carrie to pass away. So maybe there was simply nothing filmed that could be repurposed for 9. For example, if all of her scenes are shot on D'Qar, the Mon Cal ship and Crait, and all are integral to the story of VIII, it'll simply not be possible to use any of that material based on where the story is at the end of TLJ. It's like arguing that deleted Obi-Wan footage on Tatooine in ANH could have been used in ESB. How?

Don't see why this is hard to understand.

24. MattOrgana

Oct 7, 2015
    I still think Todd Fisher may have spoiled their plans and Kennedy (who seems to like to be very much at the control of everything) panicked.

Or maybe I'm hoping against hope, which, given the situation, isn't such a bad thing.

chris hayes likes this.
  25. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Well. TLJ seems to be unchanged after Carrie's passing (except tributes like "In loving memory" or something like that) but Episode IX and future books set after TLJ have to deal with Fisher's death in some way...

General_Leia_Organa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.