main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Predictions for when the next full length single adult original story will come out?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Yunzabit, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    After Phasma, we get a bunch of YA's, an anthology of short stories, a 4 part novella, and then the novelization of The Last Jedi. Aside from The Legends of Luke Skywalker YA, I'm not interested in any of them and will probably have to wait quite some time for another adult novel. I'm thinking I won't see one for as late as mid to end-March. What does everyone else think? March? April? Earlier?

2. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    10 years later.

3. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    February or March. Probably a (loose) tie-in to May's Han Solo movie. So, like "Star Wars: Chewbacca" or "Star Wars: Woody Harrelson's Character"

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Revanfan1 and Daneira like this.
  4. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Will depend on how much TLJ reveals. If it reveals a lot the floodgates might be opened a bit on Luke, Rey, and Ben's character.

5. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    When was the first one after TFA? That might provide a general clue.

Sent from Moto X-Wing

6. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    I think we are still waiting. Unless you are counting Phasma or Inferno Squad, Twilight companies. Yet Phasma is also Journey to.... and Twilight Company and Inferno Squad are game tie ins.

7. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Bloodline came out in May 2016. It and Life Debt, which came out in July 2016, were announced at Comic Con in October 2015. I imagine we have to wait until October to hear about the 2018 books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JediKnight75 and vncredleader like this.
  8. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I think we will here something around October as well. I imagine we will have two more books prior to the Han Solo spin-off. It's hard to predict because there's a lot if things they can attach books to. We will have a lot of new information due to TLJ, then Rebels will end at the same time we are getting a new movie.

9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm pretty sure we're going to get a Dooku novel. Rey's obviously a Dooku, or Snoke's obviously a Dooku, I haven't decided which is more obvious yet, but when one happens be rest assured we'll get that Dooku novel.

10. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    A Han Solo movie prequel novel that details Han's childhood to teen years leading up to the events of the movie.

11. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Rey Dooku...

Can't tell if serious or joking.

Besides, Rey is clearly a Tarkin.

Sent from Moto X-Wing

12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You're all assuming there isn't one already written that they simply haven't announced.

13. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    No, I assume there's several somewhere in the pipeline that we don't know about and they'll tell us when they're not pushing TLJ like for Force Friday II. Though with the Solo reshoots there might be a backup in the pipeline.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Jedi Ben likes this.
  14. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Nope, Rey actually is a Gunray.
    Or Watto's daughter, I'm not sure.

15. Point_Of_View

Point_Of_View Jedi Knight star 2

May 23, 2017
    My question is when we're getting a new 19 book cycle.

16. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    As soon as Disney figures out that not enough people like the Journey to the next movie formula.

17. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015

DON'T EVEN JOKE ABOUT THAT

18. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015

Yeah that's what I suspected as well

19. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    I really am liking this new Leia novel. Claudia Gray may be our best author right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DARTH_MU likes this.
  20. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Probably before we get any married adult novels.....getting hitched doesn't seem to be a thing in the GFFA anymore......

Darth_Duck likes this.
  21. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I have to agree w/the OP. The only original story was the Aftermath trio. Thrawn, Phasma, etc,. whereas good. are bio novels. I'd like something other than that.

22. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    I think it was Ken Napzok on Collider Jedi Council who mentioned he knew someone who was writing a Star wars book for a future release. Didn't say anything more but a hint was dropped.

I feel like we're gonna get a proper Luke Skywalker Novel in the New year before we get the Han Solo Tie ins. Perhaps we'll also get a story that will be allowed to be told in the wake of the Rebels finale. Fall 2018 should be an interesting time for new stories, no major media will arrive for the first time since 2014. Unless they've already got the next animated Series locked and ready to go.

23. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    At this rate it will take another decade before another 19 adult books are published

24. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011

Actually though, I do wonder if we will ever be getting something similar to NJO (maybe like 9 books is more manageable) somewhere down the pipeline after post-Jakku opens up. Something about the establishment and solidification of the New Republic and the backlash in some regions causing a mini civil war. A series that can be big and epic without being completely galaxy-changing.

Then again, that may be something reserved for a post-ROTJ TV show to work as the setting. So maybe a number of books similar to Rogue Squadron then, with that other stuff I mentioned as part of the backdrop, with Rae Sloane acting as the Issard of the series?

25. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    I don't see them committing to an extended series like that anytime soon. I'd like another trilogy, though. So much territory to cover post-ROTJ.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing