main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit SOS: Save Our Skywalker, Luke Skywalker (v4)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediMatteus, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    The Empire is destroyed and there was thirty years of peace. The First Order isn't the Empire, just an attempt to resurrect it.

I also predict we'll see Jedi show up once the trilogy is over.

Not just new ones but older ones.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  2. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Theoretically with Rey and Ben Solo's help Luke could turn one or two of his former apprentices back from the Dark Side into the Light, and they abandon the KOR. So Reylo is avoided and Ben Solo can be with Tahiri 2.0.

3. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Well, I'm actually still hoping for Luke!Snoke. Or Luuke! Snoke. Luke is actually dead. The one who met Rey on Ach To Cho is Luuke. He doesn't know what he's doing and so says something like It's time for the Jedi to end. Cause duh, he's half crazy and probably not even Force sensitive.

4. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Entertainment Tonight indicated Finn might have a love interest. So, I think they're sinking the Rey/Finn ship.

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It's not abandoned, it's hibernating - possible waking up date is in the last half of October, 2017.

One bit of Luke news that did come out, over in the Marvel thread, which wasn't mentioned here, well until now, is this:

Now current fan speculation is that Luke is going to somehow find the story of Jyn Erso and may in response to that form a squadron in their memory - any guesses as to the name? It's still speculation though.

Oh and, far more recently, another cover for Star Wars #38:

[​IMG]

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  6. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Well now, this sounds promising! Thanks for sharing the news!

7. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Interesting connecting the events of Rogue One to Luke era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    J_K_DART likes this.
  9. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    That is quite an image, JB! Looks totally different from all of the other ST photos I've seen of him.

JediMatteus and J_K_DART like this.
  10. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004

HE LOOKS SO GOOOOOOOOOOD.

*claws off my face in anticipation*

11. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Can I just say, I am *seriously* excited to see Gillen take over Star Wars. I've been a huge fan of Gillen since his X-Men run; he has a real skill at finding unique and creative ways to use characters and abilities. Giving him the core team, and adding an additional layer of focus on the Rebellion leadership? It's a genius move imo :)

JediMatteus and Jedi Ben like this.
  12. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    Sorry, Dart, I am afraid I'm lost. Who is Gillen, and what do you mean by taking over Star Wars?

13. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    You see, Gillen is a new powerful Conglomerate that made up of former companies General Motors, Intel, and Linux foundation.

And Disney sold Star Wars to them for 5 Billion USD.

J_K_DART likes this.
  14. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Gillen is one of the key writers in the Marvel run of comics. He wrote the original Darth Vader run, is currently writing the Aphra series, and will be starting on the Star Wars line in a couple months.

15. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
  16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It's also been a long-running suspicion of mine that Gillen is behind most of the good stuff in the main SW book.

J_K_DART and ChildOfWinds like this.
  17. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    We of course don't have a real large pool to pull from yet (so far we have only had six ongoing series and Gillen will have written on three of them starting in November) but so far Gillen's stories seem to be a little more structured and he creates clear overall series arcs. Many of the other ongoings not written by Gillen seem to be one isolated story after another. We'll have to see what Soule's Vader series turns out to be like after it has had some time under its belt and rather a clear overall arc begins to develop for it.

J_K_DART likes this.
  18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I have to admit Marvel's apparent cessation of OHCs for SW has severely curtailed my interest in it.

19. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    Thank you!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    OHC? What is that?

21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Oversized Hard Cover.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I kind of had to change the avatar, didn't I?

ChildOfWinds and JediMatteus like this.
  23. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    I really like that pic of Luke . He needs to kick some ass in this film

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  24. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    Love the new avatar, JB!!! The other avatar that you used to have with I think it was James Bond holding the light saber, was a great one too!

J_K_DART and Jedi Ben like this.
  25. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Okay lets break this down:

Luke Skywalker helped to destroy the Sith, redeem his father and bring freedom to the galaxy. This heralded almost thirty years of peace and prosperity. For twenty-odd years Luke probably saved many peoples from dreaded enemies and helped many people personally. For the last six-odd years he has been in exile because of the failure of his great final task: to restore the Jedi. In these six years he no doubt gained knowledge that even Obi-Wan and Yoda didn't have and has become much wiser. At this point we don't know how the story ends, however it is possible Luke will train Rey and in turn create the next generation of Jedi. Due to his failure he was able to gain knowledge he may never have gained otherwise, and as a result he puts the new Jedi on a much more solid foundation.

So in summery - he spent over twenty years being the great hero we all know, he failed at restoring the Jedi initially, however this only made the eventual restored Jedi stronger and more stable.

How is that a failure? Can he not stumble on the way to his final goal?