main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Solo-Skywalker, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    All she knows is what Finn tells she and BB8 that "Poe didn't make it".

There is no other entwined dialogue nor screen time. Not even a near mention.

Therefore does I take it that she thinks Poe Dameron is dead.

panki likes this.
  2. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    They were in a quick scene together at the end of TFA when Chewie is carrying a injured Finn off the Falcon at the Resistance base. They don't really acknowledge each other though, both of their focus seemed to be on Finn in that scene.

panki and Wildcatbarry like this.
  3. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    I agree. For all she knows, Poe is dead. Even if she saw him at the end of TFA (she doesn't look at him, he gives her a brief glance), he could be any random resistance pilot at the scene.... it isn't the same as the novelisation or junior novelisation versions of their actually meeting or her being aware of his existence.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  4. mlsw

mlsw Jedi Knight star 3

May 30, 2017
    I believe that leak to be a fake.
    And above all, Poe's mother died before Rey was born and his father was not a pilot.
    So, there's no chance they are brother and sister. If that is what you believe.

That said, I'd bet money that the fact that Poe and Rey don't share a dialogue in TFA (not that they don't meet, because the do)
    it's not a plot hole, but a clue indeed. Of what, I don't know. But it's not coincidence.
    Almost nothing in SW is coincidence and more than everything
    TFA is a movie made as a mirror of ANH, and there are 2 characters that in ANH that don't tell a word one another: Vader and Luke.
    (just like Poe and Rey in VII) but they share a kind of eye contanct in front of the Falcon (just like Poe and Rey in VII)
    Compare those two scenes:

[​IMG]

IV: Vader puts a feet of Obi Wan cloak to make sure Obi Wan is dead.
    VII: Poe looks at Finn to make sure that Finn is alive.
    (also, Obi Wan is dead but he's going to become a Force Ghost = he's dead but he can speak.
    Finn is on a coma = he is alive but he cannot comunicate.)

IV: Vader turns and sees Luke.
    VII: Poe turns and sees Rey.

IV: The door gets closed. Luke shoots just where Vader was.
    VII: Rey looks just where Poe was.

(IV: next, Luke inside the Falcon is consoled by Leia about Obi Wan's death. VII: next scene, outside the Falcon, Leia is consoled by Rey about of Han's death)

Add to that the following:

The movie opens with Poe's hand taking the map to Luke.
    It ends with Rey's hand offering the lightsaber to Luke.
    They're the 2 characters interrogated by Kylo.
    They say the exactly same things several times in the movie (much more times than one may notice at first),
    In one occasion ("I can fix this/that") that's also something Anakin said in ep. I.
    They share several identical shoots.
    If you pay attention, in all those scenes/cases there's always a precise use of the theme Light/Dark.
    He's surronded by dark, she is by light. Every ******** time.

Finally, while Rey is fighting Kylo on a snowy surface, he literally gets through a circle of fire to hit his target.

If as Oscar said, Leia considers Poe as a surrogate child
    you can expect at least that Poe and Rey are going to carry on the Skywlaker legacy in the Resistance and in the Jedi Order.

That at least...

Doom_Buggy, Wildcatbarry and panki like this.
  5. panki

Jan 11, 2016
    I never noticed the parallels between the Luke/Vader scene in ANH and Poe/Rey scene in TFA......that makes sense. I never thought Rey and Poe were siblings.....the timeline made no sense- Shara would already be dead when Rey was born. My only possible speculation/headcanon is that Wedge Antilles tried to help Rey's mother and her escape (but he isnt the father since he is with Norra Wexley in Aftermath) and Poe might be Wedge's nephew.

mlsw likes this.
  6. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Between arriving on D-Qar and when Rey and Chewie leave for Ahch-To is a couple of days.

Not only is Rey able to talk to BB-8 in that time (he tells her Poe's alive), but Rey and Poe were in the same room when they put the map pieces together.

She's had time to talk to Poe (even if you don't count the novel)

7. panki

Jan 11, 2016
    There definitely would have been opportunities for her to speak to Poe before leaving Ahch-to but with all the movies override other canon materials, its hard to be sure. Or maybe they wanted to save their interactions for episode 8 for some weird reason? I am really hoping their fight scene on Crait with the walkers happens. :D

Doom_Buggy and mlsw like this.
  8. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
  9. panki

Jan 11, 2016
    Be still my heart, lol!

One interesting thing in this picture is that chain is again visible on his neck. (the one that appears in the individual promo poster)

10. Eugene3

Eugene3 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2017
  11. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Poe seems very determined to eliminate or exterminate the First Order.

[​IMG]

Revanfan1 and Jedi Jessy like this.
  12. panki

Jan 11, 2016

He is wearing the Captain Poe Dameron costume so I think this decision to burn down the first order will happen later on in the movie, after the ship carrying Princess Leia explodes (the point in the trailer where he is looking outside the ship window shocked)....this is probably when he takes over leadership of the resistance.

I'm glad Poe is going a bit dark...tired of people calling him a boring and too nice.

13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Poe. Boring????? HERESY!

Revanfan1, Ridley Solo, mlsw and 3 others like this.
  14. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    We barely know the guy...but I am glad we'll be getting more in December.

afrojedi and Wildcatbarry like this.
  15. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012

Poe is looking pissed and I'm hoping they do burn down the First Order. they need to be stopped at all cost.

mlsw, panki and Wildcatbarry like this.
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I was wondering if Poe's line in the trailer could be a nod to Star Wars Rebels (the premiere of the show was called Spark of Rebellion after all.)

Wildcatbarry and panki like this.
  17. panki

Jan 11, 2016
    That would be an amazing nod to Rebels :) .....this is a bit of a stretch but I also remember Princess Leia saying- I would burn down the whole galaxy if I thought it was right. (Aftermath), and then there was her pep talk to the pilots on Hoth in ESB....I wonder if this sort of seals Poe as the Leia of the trilogy?

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  18. MichaelSkellig

MichaelSkellig Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    I've asked this elsewhere, to no avail....in the new poster, why is Poe positioned on the 'bad' side, between Hux and Phasma???

19. sls062286

sls062286 Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2016
    Symmetry. I wouldn't look too deeply into it.

panki likes this.
  20. MichaelSkellig

MichaelSkellig Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    I'm a SW fan. Are you serious? =P~

21. panki

Jan 11, 2016
    I agree....especially keeping in mind he is on the light side in the IMAX and other promotional posters....for arguments sake, maybe he is on the dark side of the poster because he was such a sweet and cheerful person in TFA that even making a statement about burning down the FO is kind of dark (coming from him). [face_thinking]

22. DashRender90

DashRender90 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2015
    Sometimes I run into people who say, "I like Poe Daemon", and I ask why, and its 99% "something something because he's Oscar Isaac"

TLJ would have to actively try to give him less characterization than TFA

23. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Yeah it'd wouldn't stand out as being as odd for me if they didn't have the stuff near the end. I mean by that point Poe and Rey both at least know of the other's existence, they have a common thread between (being friends with Finn), who's in the medical bay at the base, Rey has enough time there to change her outfit and get cleaned up, and they're even standing in the same room together at one point (but don't even look in each other's direction).

They could have easily had a quick conversation at least. Like Poe mentions wanting to meet the "girl Finn talks so much about" and Rey mentioning that Finn had told her about Poe, or Rey asking Poe to look after Finn while she's away, or something.

But then again that last part of the film felt rushed overall. Heck they don't even show the conversation that Rey and Leia had that convinced Rey to go off to find Luke (or why Leia trusts her to do it despite just meeting her). So perhaps this shouldn't be surprising.

panki, afrojedi and cerealbox like this.
  24. obiwana

obiwana Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2017
    "poe thinks he's force sensitive":cool:[​IMG][​IMG]

25. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014