main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Official EUC Grey Jedi Fan Club - Unknown, unseen and unsung

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kev-Mas_Colcha, Aug 23, 2015.

1. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Different topic (from me reading the Babylon 5 novel about the Psi Corps): Should Force Users be registered and catalogued? Are they inherently dangerous?

Sent using Tapatalk this was.

2. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    That'd be a rather... authoritarian way of dealing with things, and I really don't think it's a good idea. That'd be akin to what Hitler did with the Jews before shipping them off to concentration camps. I believe the Empire probably did something like that with Force Users though.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  3. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    "It's for their own protection." After all these Force Users can do all sorts of nasty things to normals. Normals sometimes freak out and can attack, or even kill, the Force users. Besides, by coordinating, classifying and grouping these Force users together, they can be trained so their powers can be used for the benefit of everyone.

4. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Yeah. Restricting things to protect people from themselves isn't the Grey way IMO. IMO, the Grey would see more potential dangers with said restrictions than without, and they'd opt to protect them by educating them on how to use their powers. Ya know, sorta like what Professor Xavier did with the X-Men.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  5. DarkHorseXIII

DarkHorseXIII Jedi Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    So a balance is sought? What about falling to the temptations of the darkside? I have lived my life by the Jedi Code, how do the Grey find a balance or rather prevent such?

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  6. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    A very good question. In my mind, it's a recognition that the Dark Side is in all of us, waiting to get out. If you completely work against it, it will open you up to being tricked, like the Jedi Order was in TPM. If you completely give yourself over to it, it will destroy you. Recognizing it's part of you will allow you to know what it is and work with it. The key is to work with the benefits of it, but not allow it to rule your life.

DarkHorseXIII likes this.
  7. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    In short, we stress responsible use of the Force rather than rules and restrictions for what can or cannot be done. Instead of telling someone what Force powers they can or cannot use, the Grey tell them to use the Force responsibly no matter what, and to seek balance inside ourselves. We accept the darkness inside ourselves instead of ignoring it like the Jedi do. We control the darkness inside ourselves rather than allow it to control ourselves like the Sith do.

Also, the balance we seek is more often than not completely different from what people might typically think of when thinking of "balance of the Force". We do not seek balance by meddling in external affairs unless it's absolutely necessary, because we see that the Force in the sense of Galactic events will eventually balance itself out over time, much like in nature. Typically we stand by and let galactic events happen such as the Jedi Purge because we see beyond the standard perception and point of view. Much like how we view use of the Force, we also view taking action as something to be done responsibly. We need to make sure that certain large scale events actually need our attention and that in reality they weren't actually as necessary as a lightning strike eliminating a forest that had began to decay and overgrow, rapidly burning to dust because of how dry it was. After the fire has destroyed that forest, a new one will rise up from the ashes that is more vibrant and full of life than the one that came before.

DarkHorseXIII and DarthIshyZ like this.
  8. KamenSentaiMetalHero

KamenSentaiMetalHero Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    I would like to join

9. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Welcome! I would say that we've been having attendance problems recently, but the boards themselves have been having problems. What brings you to the Grey, sir?

10. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Well now thanks to this thread being bumped right after a new movie just came out we might have a chance at a revival!

Welcome, KamenSentaiMetalHero !

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  11. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Can I join?

12. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    :) Former Sith, now Jedi. Seems this is where you SHOULD be.

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  13. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002

Absolutely! Welcome aboard!

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  14. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Christmas is a Christian-based holiday.
    Hannukah is Jewish.
    Kwanzaa is Muslim.
    What would the Grey holiday be? Jedi holiday? Sith holiday?

Personally I think the Sith holiday would involve a lot of drinking and a battle or two to at least a maiming. Somewhat akin to Klingon or Vikings.

15. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Sith = Sithmas
    Jedi = Life Day
    Grey = Either/or/both. We can celebrate whatever we want :p

Master Vo'Un'Var and DarthIshyZ like this.
  16. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    @Kev-Mas_Colcha, I'd like you to bow out of this question for a day. I'd like others input first.

Alternatives come from perceived shortcomings. Where do you folks, personally, feel the Grey fit into the overall depth and breadth of Force Users?

17. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    They are the middle of the Rainbow, the winding river, and the illuminated cave. Whereas the Jedi and the Sith are seen as the opposing ends of a spectrum generally I would say that the Grey are like those trying to fill the gaps of either end. Straying to one side and then the other, trying to balance themselves and others as they see and feel fit.

Kev-Mas_Colcha and DarthIshyZ like this.
  18. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Can I join? :)

The Grey way is a pretty suitable description of how I strife between the light and the dark in my life, neither too dark, or too light. ;)

19. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Absolutely! Welcome aboard!

Jedi Master Kenobiwan likes this.
  20. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Thank you very much! :D

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Oy, gevalt! Year-end stuff at a brokerage firm ain't for the faint of heart.

@Kev-Mas_Colcha, have we ever had a membership roll in here?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  22. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    *rolls across the floor* I think I just did :p

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  23. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    That you did, Mitth! Thank goodess it wasn't @WookieeRage rolling in "perfume"!

I'll have some time this weekend. I'll work one up.

24. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    You'll regret that, hammerhead!

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  25. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    In here, I'm human... But I guess I have a split personality or something. :)