main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The 25th Jedi Draft - The Silver Anniversary Edition!! (Champion: Point Given!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth_Furio , Jul 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Hey folks really sorry about this week. Thanks KenKenobi I'll be back on Monday night and back in the saddle "full time" My daughter has been off from camp all week and I got her until she starts school next week. If you want to wait until Monday that's cool, or if you want to go with Ken for now, that's cool too. Only because I have all the matches mapped out.

DarkEagle likes this.
  2. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    You good Fhurio.

I'm cool with waiting. But if the show must go on, then so be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    I'm putting in my numbers...

4. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
  5. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    I'm good with letting ken getting us started for this round. Gives plenty of times for args etc

6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm good either way.

7. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Alrighty dudesters...first numbers are 5, 2, 8!

Rebels Division

Mika vs. Inty

Savage Opress vs. Totts and Cay TRUMPED with Nomi RIDING Thon (how the **** is this the first number called)
    Lord Nyax TRUMPED with Joruus C'baoth vs. Satele Shan
    Joruus C'baoth TRUMPED with Lord Nyax (forfeit) vs. Shigar Konshi

Pointy G vs. RX

Arcann vs. Githany
    Darth Vader vs. Jolee Bindo/Juhani
    Textile (prepped) vs. Asajj Ventress

Sky vs. sey

Cade Skywalker vs. Kenth Hamner (was really hoping for Cade vs. Corran to see sey's head explode)
    Ben Skywalker vs. Sharad Hett
    Zayne Carrick TRUMPED with Celeste Morne vs. Tenel Ka

Empire Division

cubby vs. PRENN

Darth Bane vs. Starkiller
    Darth Malak vs. Jaina Solo
    Darth Wyyrlok III vs. Sarro Xaj TRUMPED with Tahiri/Ikrit

A.S vs. DE

Darth Maul vs. Vaylin
    Darth Marr vs. Sora Bulq
    The Grand Inquisitor vs. Sarasu Taalon

Wang vs. Vandy

Ahsoka Tano vs. Quinlan Vos TRUMPED with Dark Woman
    Leia Organa Solo (prepped) vs. Vodo-Siosk Baas
    Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Tsui Choi/Bultar Swan

Evil Incarnate, Yodaminch

8. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    In the spirit of Mika, I shall now like everything going forward until he returns.

Oh and RIP Juhani Jolee

9. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    And kicking :p

Wang Chi and The Vanguard like this.
  10. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Dayum. That Bane/Starkiller match should shake the pillars of heaven.

So I'm gonna sleep on that first one. I think it's a great match, and Ahsoka's really good... but I also really, really like both Quin and DW. No specific cohesion that I can recall, but that's still a very tough trump. I may just end up posting a bunch of Ahsoka videos and letting the judges make up their own minds. This whole week is work heavy for me anyways. No time for big arguments.

I think I'm prolly good letting Leia go without an argument.

Qui-Gon vs. Choi/Swan =

The Vanguard likes this.
  11. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    My first argument is this: Starkiller is a stupid character.

Darth_Furio and The Vanguard like this.
  12. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    arguments up in a few - nice draws for me, though.

The Vanguard likes this.
  13. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    My head would have exploded.

Can we pretend Cade is on serious drugs for this matchup?

No?

Yeah wouldn't help anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Vanguard likes this.
  14. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    The Indian Chuck Norris, really??[face_laugh]

On the real tho, Swan and Choi have the chops to take down Qui-Gon with their eyes closed. That's not an Asian joke.

First let me start by reminding everyone of Swan's abilities. Her prowess in martial arts coupled with her lightsaber skills makes her a complicated threat. And after last Saturday we all know what a complicated threat can do. (TEN ROUNDS? Holy crap.)

Teras Kasi was an unarmed combat style invented in 3677BBY by the Palawans specifically meant to fight force-sensitives. Later it was adopted by Jedi and Sith to fight each other.
    Emphasis mine.
    I smell an abilities connection...

[​IMG]
    She's got "catlike speed and reflexes."

Punches and kicks? Wait, punches like the one Qui-Gon got from Maul? Hmmm.. interesting.[face_thinking]

Bultar's Bottom Line: she's a complicated fighter and survivor with moves that Chirrut Imwe wishes he could see.

Now enter Tsui Choi, who both severed Vader's arm and also cut a hole in his helmet with a nice throw.
    [​IMG]
    Nice throw.

These two have fought together successfully before against the newly christened Darth Vader, they can most definitely handle the likes of Qui-Gon Jinn.

15. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Here's my initial leans...

Rebels Division

Mika vs. Inty

Savage Opress vs. Totts and Cay TRUMPED with Nomi RIDING Thon

Pointy G vs. RX

Arcann vs. Githany
    Textile (prepped) vs. Asajj Ventress

Sky vs. sey

Cade Skywalker vs. Kenth Hamner (was really hoping for Cade vs. Corran to see sey's head explode)

Empire Division

cubby vs. PRENN

A.S vs. DE

Darth Maul vs. Vaylin
    Darth Marr vs. Sora Bulq

Wang vs. Vandy

Evil.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Savage Opress vs. Totts and Cay TRUMPED with Nomi RIDING Thon (how the **** is this the first number called)

You know, I could see this one going either way and I won't be mad in how the judges view it. It kind of comes down to how you view Savage Opress. He's got a nice list of "non losses" against some impressive folks, like Ventress and Kenobi. But not a lot in the actual wins over Force-Sensitive Characters with names you remember. He can beat down and wipe out a crowd, but only when they are full of pookas. Meanwhile, the 3.5 characters on my trump are all familiar with the double-edged lightsaber, and have come in close contact with someone who has used it much more successfully. It's a natural trump, the 3.5 will work together.

Like I said, it comes down to the individual judges and what they prefer.

Me, I see it going like this: Totts, Cay, and Nomi all hide. Thon engages Savage Opress and tells him he has a stupid name. Thon is quickly slain. Savage then makes a fire in the woods and starts to cook himself a Thon Steak. Nomi sneaks up on him and uses the Wall of Light to separate him from the Force. He goes all emo. Mostly because he has burned his food. Overwhelmed by his own sadness, he falls to his knees, crying, and is defeated.

This is a terrible draw for the Trump. Nyax is not going to be effective against Satele at all. She's not at all unfamiliar with trumps, and she easily outpaces both. No natural cohesion on this trump means it has no chance to be anything more than the sum of its parts. And those parts, especially with Nyax being a mindless beast, don't add up to anything near what Satele is. I can cite specifics if need be, but I do see this one as not really in doubt. Judges - let me know if you want specifics.

That's exactly what we want you to do, Shigar. Draw the forfeit.

Point Given and KenKenobi like this.
  17. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    That is a spectacularly descriptive argument and I wonder what Thon Steak tastes like.

Args on Bane/Starkiller? Think the locale makes that one even closer, Kashyyyk is Galen's homeworld.

Maul vs. Vaylin is another good one, I think peak Maul makes it fun.

18. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Yes but I need some time. But let me remind you that Starkiller is a stupid character.

Point Given likes this.
  19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Sadness and regret

KenKenobi likes this.
  20. Lenea_Sandstrider

Lenea_Sandstrider Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    At least I don't have to argue anything this time. Unless people want me to jump in and argue for Starkiller like I have in other drafts :p

21. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I don't think anyone wants that :p

22. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    You mean you don't want that :p

23. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I'm posting my final judgements tomorrow night since I have a buddy coming into town for a bit and most likely won't be on.

Evil.

24. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I'm back and Bane whoops Starkiller. Hard.

25. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Rebels Division

Mika vs. Inty

Savage Opress vs. Totts and Cay TRUMPED with Nomi RIDING Thon

Is this really in doubt? Nomi alone takes this. Obi-Wan would have beaten Savage if not for Maul. Savage was easily taken out by Sidious. Any more skilled opponent can take Savage. Here, he's facing four. Even if three get taken down, that still leaves Nomi to finish him off.

Also not in doubt for me. Two dark jedi on the less than sane side vs. a Grand Master who has taken out more powerful sith. No contest here. Her dueling skill is superior as is her skill with the force.

Pointy G vs. RX

Arcann vs. Githany

Arcann quite literally blows Githany away.

Exile (prepped) vs. Asajj Ventress

Meetra takes this. Asajj can put up a decent fight, but Meetra is just more skilled.

Sky vs. sey

Cade Skywalker vs. Kenth Hamner

I hate to say this, but I am actually struggling to think of an opponent whom I would actually think Kenth could beat. After going back last match to reacquaint myself with Kenth, I'm afraid my opinion of him only went downhill with his death remaining the dumbest death ever. So while Kenth might have the skill of a master, he lacks the composure or the power needed to even have a chance against Cade. Cade has the raw power advantage even if he may lack the skill or experience in comparison to Kenth.

Ben has more material than Sharad. That's really what this matches comes down to. More opponents, better fights, better skills. All we know of Sharad is what Eeth Koth mentions and what we see before Aurra kills him.

This one is interesting. Tenel Ka is actually a pretty skilled warrior. If this was just Zayne, I'd likely vote Tenel Ka over Zayne. It's Celeste and Zayne that make me think they outnumber Tenel Ka. I should also add that if this was just Celeste vs. Tenel Ka, I might have been tempted to vote Tenel Ka. What's working against Tenel Ka is her one arm and the fact that she essentially left her jedi training to go rule Hapes when her mother was killed. It's because of those two factors that I think she's outnumbered and outmaneuvered by the trump. If she were trumped with another jedi, maybe then. Though probably not if that jedi was Kenth Hamner.

Empire Division

cubby vs. PRENN

So this was one Ken and I were discussing quite a bit. Sure Bane doesn't have his armor, but he's a powerhouse and he takes a beating. We discussed the environment and at first, I thought this gave Starkiller the advantage. But then I remember this was the Shadowlands and not just any place on Kashyyyk. The shadowlands play far more in Bane's favor. Starkiller's best victories were against opponents where environment was often a factor. I also would argue that compared to those opponents, Bane is a class all his own. If we look to the Vader fight as a comparison, Vader really only lost due to his suit. Bane has no such problem. Bane is faster, more powerful and probably more durable. His knowledge of the force is also far greater, his skill is more refined and every way I look at it, he just takes Starkiller down.

The sword of the jedi is an interesting opponent for Malak. Malak's opponents in KOTOR weren't exactly the best of the best. Even Bastila, as good as she was, was mostly just about her battle meditation than her skill with a saber (though she did manage to at least hold her own against Malak for a bit). Jaina has more power, more skill and more experience compared to younger Bastila.

Lack of prep hurts Wyyrlok here. Two opponents I can maybe see him beating. Three? Not so much.

A.S vs. DE

Darth Maul vs. Vaylin

Impressive matchup. I almost feel like Vaylin would be the apprentice Maul was looking for. Unfortunately, she's also the type to kill her master to take over. She's definitely more powerful and crazier as well. I think it's those two skills that compensate for any weakness she might have in comparison to Maul's dueling skill.

Darth Marr vs. Sora Bulq

The problem with Marr is how quickly he goes down. Sora really isn't that much better except in his saber skills. It's his blademaster skills that decide this match.

I can see the Grand Inquistor eeking out a win here.

Wang vs. Vandy

It's the two Jedi Masters thing against one powerful not quite Jedi Knight. If Rebels is peak Ahsoka, she's still outmanuevered by Vos and Dark Woman's tricks. It's really Dark Woman that gives the trump the edge they need. Good fight though.

The prep does it for me. Few benefit from prep as well as a strategist like Leia. Prep gives her knowledge of her opponent and she is not the type to underestimate her opponents. With that preparation along with her training and her natural skills and power, she has enough to overcome Vodo.

What's this? Not Qui-Gon? Yup. Qui-Gon's biggest duel is with Maul and we see how winded he is both times. Beyond that, there's Xanatos and some pirates. But against Sith, not so successful. Whereas Tsui Choi took on Vader and was holding his own. It was the fact that he got gunned down by the Stormtroopers that did him in. It's not Vader Tsui Choi is up against. It's Qui-Gon. And with Bultar Swan, I think that's enough to overwhelm Qui-Gon and win.

Darth_Furio and BookExogorth like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.