main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Kelly Marie Tran (Rose Tico) in TLJ

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Feb 15, 2016.

1. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    That hair style is way better for her than the one in the movie.

afrojedi, JediAce1 and Avnar like this.
  2. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Absolutely it's my thing. I don't know - Maybe it's the hair...she just looks annoying :cool: Let's wait and see!

3. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    I agree about the hair. It's certainly an.....odd choice they chose to go with.

Avnar likes this.
  4. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    She hates the First Order, until the end when you find out she is working for them.

5. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Marketing the first Asian lead actress in a Star Wars as a hero (when she's actually a villain) will make any complaints about marketing Finn using the saber (which he at least does) seem like a minor internet quarrel.

6. zam wesell2005

Oct 23, 2015
    Being the middle movie with this writer, somebody is, very likely, not to be what they seem. She seems so innocent and so good and she hates the First Order. From what we know it would actually be surprising. Unlike say Del Toro, who you figure will be all over the place.

7. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    She could also hate the FO because they're extorting her, or she could betray the Resistance to save Finn's life.

There's more interesting possibilities than Rose being Finn's Chewbacca (with a Kashyyyk like backstory) and #1 fangirl and cheerleader which is what they want us to think that's all that it is. How accurate was what they wanted us to think before TFA came out in December 2015? Not very in many instances.

8. Troopa212

Troopa212 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2016
    You know I don't want a romance between her and Finn either but the first part of this comment is just...wow. Not a good wow either.

IncessantRamblings likes this.
  9. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    She doesn't have to be a traitor to be interesting. One reason they might be making Rose a fangirl is so she can end up losing her preconceived hero worship of Finn and view him as a real person.

10. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    DJ is being MARKETED as a shady character with no allegiances to either side, so it would be no surprise if he aligned with the FO. Which is why I don't think it will happen.

I actually have more suspicions about Holdo. Keep your eye on her.

[​IMG]

Mostly Handless and cerealbox like this.
  11. zam wesell2005

Oct 23, 2015
    Holdo and Leia are going to have disagreements. The reason I thought this character b/c it seemed not obvious.

12. Eugene3

Eugene3 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2017
    I don't think Rose will betray them, I also think that maybe is Holdo who will betray them, she is supposed to be Vice Admiral but how did she get to that rank? For me she looks like someone from the New Republic, maybe she was from the faction opposed to Leia...(not Rian helped with Bloodline?)

13. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
    They've been presenting Holdo and DJ as shifty or conflict characters, while they're pushing Rose as just a great great person.

Holdo and Leia met when Leia was 16 years old and Holdo's character is part of the novel's story.
    She's introduced as a bit of a weirdo from Gatalenta.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  14. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    It also makes you wonder how the FO found out the location of the secret Resistance base on Crait?

I think Holdo is a spy for sure.

Eugene3 likes this.
  15. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I know this is the Rose thread, but OT there is a big question mark on the whereabouts of Holdo and DJ during Act 3 on Crait.

Unlike Rose who seems to be down on Crait with the Resistance.

16. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
    Who do you think will have more screen time in TLJ - Poe or Rose? :)

17. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Rey

18. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    Poe, but I think it will be closer than you think.

19. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    [​IMG]

Is it just me or is every in-movie shot we get of Rose, she looks like she's about to punch something or someone

Mostly Handless and Master_Lok like this.
  20. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    It's just you, as there have been photos of her crying, smiling, etc.

21. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    Clearly she's crying because she missed the opportunity to punch someone, and smiling because it finally happened.

22. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I love this picture. They hyped Rose up so much as a Finn-fangurl that it's refreshing to see her clearly asserting herself with him.

23. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Goes without saying, really.

By the way, your avatar is an appropriate response to about 87% of the posts here. Meaning you can just respond with a blank reply most of the time. That should afford you more time for other activities, such as eating food and bathing.

24. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    Yeah but who wants to waste time on such things when I can debate the meaning of the same Rian Johnson quote every few hours?

Satipo and Gigoran Monk like this.
  25. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Good point. Personally, I think Rian Johnson is just saying that he repurposed his senior thesis as a script to cut down on the worlkload. I assume you agree.