main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The Gnoll's Tooth-OOC Thread for CotH

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Master Vo, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    "Oi! Bartender! 10 more pints 'ere!"
    A Hulking Goliath Yells to the Bartender, A Group of Dwarves slam down the mugs in a Drinking contest, A Goblin carries a tray towards a table, 2 Half-Orcs are locked in a fight, Smashing Chairs all around them, Ah, The Gnoll's Tooth Tavern, Home Sweet Home.
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the OOC Thread for Crusade of The Hand! Dedicated for discussion and topics on the game and were you will roll some D20's!
    So Come on in, Friend, Grab a Pint of Goblin's Ear Beer, Here's where you'll be spending time away from adventures.
    Here are some useful links for the game:

2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Lux Greyforte
    Half-Elf Cleric Life 1 NG

AC 18 HP 10 Speed 30ft

Str 15 (2) Dex 10 (0) Con 14 (2) Wis 16 (3) Int 10 (0) Cha 10 (0)

Attacks
    Mace(B) +4 1d6+2
    Spear(P/20/60) +4 1d6+2
    Sacred Flame (R/60)Dex Save DC 13 1d8

Features:

Darkvision 60ft. (Half-Elf Trait)
    Fey ancestry (Half-Elf Trait)
    Disciple of Life (Cleric Feature)

Appearance: Tall and broad shouldered with a strong frame, he looks like he could pass for soldier. Dressed in his chainmail, with a mace in his belt, shield on his arm, and, spear in his hand he almost looks like a soldier, except for the prayer shall resting on his shoulders. Out of his armor he wears a coarse fur shirt common among his order.

His face is rather common the kind you would see anywhere, the only really distinguishing feature are his green eyes.His messy blond hair is cut short to fit under his helmet.

Bio: Lux Greyforte was born to Valerie in Neverwinter. She never told her commanders who the father was and she swore her midwife to secrecy. She was a good solider with a pristine record so no one really asked too many questions. His father, Aegis, was a cleric serving at the same time as Valerie. They had saved each others lives time and time again in various conflicts. They both knew that they could never marry, never even admit to having a tryst. He was an officer, a commander, she was an enlisted woman, it was against protocol. They kept their relationship a secret and when Valerie became pregnant many questions were asked, questions she didn't answer.

Lux was born at his mother's home, with only a midwife to witness. His father's identity wasn't kept a secret from him not that it really could, he noticed his pointed ears straight away. As a young boy he was trained as a soldier like his mother but, as a teen he showed a connection to the gods, specifically Ilmater. Not ones the let another healer go to waste as a soldier Lux was sent off to train with the clerics, his father took the lead in teaching the boy. Though they were of the same blood, they followed slightly different paths.

His father was a warrior of light blessed with a glow that warded him and his allies in battle after battle. Lux was drawn to the forces of life, calling on the divine to restore health and breath to those injured in combat.

Now he walks on his own, in armor given to him by his mother, and his father's prayer shall, now graced with the holy symbol of Ilmater, and prayer book on his person. He only hopes he can live up to his mother's name and his father's example.

He is long suffering, and generous gives of himself and his energies, no matter what. He is the picture of a follower of Ilmater.

(This sheet was created using myth-weavers.com)

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  3. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    To all those who have joined and have character sheets pending. Expect a Prologue today or later and pay very close attention. The game will be starting wen all pending character sheets are approved.
    galactic-vagabond422 Mitth_Fisto s_heffley

4. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Master Vo'Un'Var

Going to make an insight check on the group of Dragonborn. Do they look like they're going to start trouble?

That'll be a Nat 20+5=25.

Lux knows what darkness lurks in the hearts of dragonborn.

5. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Lets try this out. Check to see if Ne'tar can convince the Zhetar to share anything more about this than the sugar coated version.

And second roll to perception check for those new guys coming in. See what he can tell.

7. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Well, Ne'Tar only seems to notice that the dragonborns seem to have a grudge against the people he is hanging out with, and the Zhent only seem to know what they already told him.
    Mitth_Fisto

8. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    I'll make a perception check on the dragonborn as well.

2+4 would equal 6

How did I know my first roll would be low.

9. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    They have scales. And they look like dragons.

10. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    How do you mean 'Respond to Combat'. Do you mean roll initiative?

11. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    yeppers

12. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Ok, here we go first combat.

Initiative: 11

13. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    Does Dove even know the dragonborn are hostile?

Either way, I still have to roll initiative.

Course it's a 1. I think I still add the +3 to make it a 4, though.

14. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Alright, lets do this! :D

Master Vo'Un'Var and s_heffley like this.
  15. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
  16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Alright, so I remember the combat section correctly. . .away we go!

Ne'tar will draw his scimitar and advance to the closest 'bad guy' and attack. I'll roll the 1d6 for the weapon and then I believe the STR modifier is +3, so correct me if wrong.

17. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Actually you would roll a d20 to try and hit them and add your STR and your proficiency modifier (+2)

So it would be 1d20+3+2. You are looking to beat their AC

The 1d6 is your weapon's Damage die.

18. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    [face_hypnotized]

I have seen and now know things! Oof. . . alright, hopefully I roll better than a three than :p

19. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Trust me this is easier than Pathfinder. You'll get the hang of it.

20. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Never played Pathfinder, although I really have always liked some of the visuals.

21. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Okay! we're back, sorry for delays, so the closest one is someone who shares the same views as the Dragonborns.
    so that will hit, go ahead and roll dmg and also put your modifiers on your post so its easier for and I don't have to refer to it, just to make things clear to everyone, please roll twice when it's your turn of combat, one for to hit rolls, then a damage roll, even if your hit roll doesn't hit, it just speed things up for me.
    s_heffley Mitth_Fisto galactic-vagabond422
    Also, when your done with combat tag the next person in combat (kinda goes without saying)

s_heffley likes this.
  22. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
  23. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Master Vo'Un'Var Is the guy that's already being stabbed still alive or is he unconscious?

Is trying to persuade the Dragonborn and friends, with words, to stop fighting an action or a free action?

24. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    dead... the person knows exactly where to plunge the knife.
    I'm gonna say an action for persuasion, seeing as the situation is already in chaos
    galactic-vagabond422

25. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Ok, enter the Tavern

Shout: "In the name of Ilmater, the Crying God cease this violence." and cast Scared Flame at the man that started this (The man currently stabbing the other.)

He needs to make a DC 13 Dex save or take 1d8 (2) radiant damage.