main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Solving EU inconsistencies

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ithorians, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I didn't have a problem with it. Powerful Jedi who regularly engage in combat would be foolish to not make use of such a power.

How is it getting back to Jaden claiming the unifying force is a lie(is that what he seriously said) that Jacen achieved a state of utter peace and nirvana. Not a state Katarn or his protege would either understand or grasp.

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Vergere had a year. It's not infeasible that she could have tracked down Krayt's Sith, encountered Lumiya, and convinced her not to join.

As to the war itself, the implication is that Lumiya had some connection to the Baffor Pollen that was used in Alpha Red. She stole some pollen just after the Battle of Ithor.

Similarly, Kyle picked up rumours of the Sith survival when in Imperial Space during the Vong War. So it's relatively entwined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Sounds interesting! Is it too late to apply?

EDIT: Never mind. I'm dumb. It dates back to 2016. Pity!

Sinrebirth likes this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The second game starts on Friday..... if you look in the RPF you'll see it. If you want to shoot me a PM we can talk.

AdmiralNick22, this reminds me of the days when you played Ackbar briefly in one AU game that Jello, TLI and I ran...

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Is there still a link to that old game??? That seems like ages ago.

--Adm. Nick

6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
  7. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    On the topic of lightning...
    Electrocuting someone isn't strictly bad, but it is an act of the dark side. You can kill for the greater good and be an inherently good person, but killing is an act of the dark side.

8. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Exactly! It´s a complex matter: you can electrocute someone to save someone else that can´t defend himself/herself. I imagine the Jedi perspective is that you are still focusing on hurting your target, for whatever reason, rather than using other methods, even if that alternative may not be available all the time.

In the other hand, Plagueis studies could seem somewhat light sided (creating life, manipulating the Force to save a living being) but his intentions and methods where clearly pretty dark, as seen by poor Venamis...

Jarrus and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  9. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Plagueis wants fundamentally to master the force and nature-to create life, remake and bring it back. He seeks "unnatural abilities."

His ultimate endgame is of course to live forever.

10. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    It's all about intentions.

11. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Indeed just as Vergere emphasized.

Our beloved Fosh has been vindicated after all!

12. Darth Marcia

Darth Marcia Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2016
    A little question! I was rechecking the whole Jedi Outcast plotline, and I saw that Desann (the one that I assumed was the leader of the imperial remnant) was in fact retconned into Hethrir´s empire reborn faction. Was this a completely independent movement, or was it related in some way with a bigger faction? between Sate Pestage, Isard, Emperor reborn, Shadowspawn, Thrawn, and many others, I kinda lose track to which one(s) was the strongest/more official version of the Empire after Endor!

Jarrus and Ithorians like this.
  13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Empire Reborn was a shadow organisation, not so much the legitimate successor as claiming to be.

Legitimacy in the Empire is mildly redundant after the Crimson Empire collapses.

14. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    Is there a picture of hydra anywhere?

15. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    The Empire died with Xandel Carrivus ([face_sick]). The Remnant was not a legitimate successor, but rather a revival.

16. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Great question! actually at first I didn´t know of that retcon either, and it was always weird to me to see Desann leading an entire faction of Imperials. Curiously enough, Hethrir (a Firrerreo himself) apparently promoted speciesism in his organization, so for Desann to be a leading man in it is not without merit...
    Not to my knowledge! only a somewhat vague physical description in Jude Watson´s novels. At some point she remembers the way she got to be Grand Inquisitor, and she basically described herself as Vader´s agent within the Inquisitorius, considering that Palpatine had a more direct contact with them that what´s been shown now, in canon. Vader used Hydra to make sure he knew if the Inquisitors were getting special assignments from the Emperor without his knowledge...

Jarrus, Iron_lord and kalzeth like this.
  17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

I'm not sure I agree. Killing in cold blood is an act of the dark side, agreed, but killing in self-defense, or to protect others? Not so much. Like, do I think it was dark side for Mace to kill Jango? No, it was kill or be killed. Or for Luke to blow up the Death Star? No, he was protecting all the people on Yavin IV. However, I do think that whenever possible, the person that someone is fighting should be spared and that is an inherently light sided act (i.e. Kanan not killing the Grand Inquisitor, or Luke not killing Vader, and so on).

Iron_lord and kalzeth like this.
  18. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    [​IMG]

I couldn't resist.

19. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

No, you never can. [face_shame_on_you]

20. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    In Legends said boy would go on to restore that ancient religion, have a family of his own, and be a key player for decades into galactic history. Though I get the joke.

I wonder...was there any great philosophical difference between Xendor's legions and the Sith order? What separates them besides 18,000 years?

kalzeth likes this.
  21. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    And some other question, even if it´s not an inconsistency... with time passing, what do you think of the role of Grand Vizier? I´ve been bumping into Mas Amedda in several media lately, and to be honest I like him. I´ve always figured he was some sort of political version of Bib Fortuna... but then again, the whole Sate Pestage/Darth Vader scene in TESB script (perhaps even filmed at some point) puts him on a different level for me. I´m curious, since Sate did get quite a prominent role at some point in the EU, do you prefer this classic dignitary vibe, or rather have the very characteristic Grand Vizier Amedda is now?

Jarrus likes this.
  22. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Normal advisors should act as dignitaries, but the Grand Vizier needs power. If Pestage became regent, then his role must've had a lot of gravity.

23. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Yeah it did De jure though but no imperial governor or grand admiral would take it seriously.

Another question-did Jedi learn much in the way of mundane subjects? Mathematics, science, history, etc...? It seems useful that they would a have grasp of those things?

24. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I really like Mas Amedda as a character, but I prefer Sate Pestage as the Grand Vizier. Let Amedda maintain his role as Speaker of the Senate until the senate's dissolution then a quiet retirement on Byss.

25. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I don't like that the new canon has had Mas Amedda in the same position throughout the Empire's reign, as Vizier. I just don't think Palpatine would let any one person (other than himself and Vader) stay in power so long, since they could become a threat (yes even Mas Amedda, if he teamed up with some darksider to overthrow Palpatine).

A key element to Palpatine's plotting is that he keeps his underlings scrambling and fighting each other for more power, but never having any one hold too much of it for too long. You even feel this behind the scenes in Rogue One, that Palpatine played Krennic and Tarkin against each other (otherwise they might team up and decide to blow up Coruscant, although Palpatine no doubt had contingency plans for this as well).

Mas Amedda should have been replaced sometime in the Empire's reign by Sate Pestage. The details on how exactly this would go down might make an interesting story.

Ithorians and kalzeth like this.
  26. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Mas Amedda was already a figurehead by the time of the Aftermath Trilogy. I wouldn't be surprised if Palpatine allowed (or made) that to happen between ROTS and the original trilogy.