main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #1-6: The Chosen One (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Man, that was pretty awesome. Exactly the kind of content I was missing from the previous Vader series (aside from one issue). Powerful and mystical. Soo friggin' metal. :D

That dream sequence with Obi-Wan ... the feels.

Also, he just straight up killed the Red Guards and his anger created earthquakes!

tatooinesandworm and spicer like this.
  2. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    It would be nice if the cave on Mustafar is going to be explored more once Vader gets to build/settle in his castle. Is the castle near or maybe over the cave? Are there other spots like that on Mustafar?

3. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    I think this was the best way to cap this story arc. All the pain that we have been discussing about here, is presented in the splash page. Summarizing everything Anakin has lost.

The act of making the crystal bleed is the important part of this issue. Not that making the crystal bleed is hard, but putting all of your pain and anger into the crystal is hard. The crystal fighting back to try to convince the force user to take another path.

Anakin FULLY becoming Vader in that panel as his blue iris is corrupted the same time the crystal is.

Beautiful.

My thoughts are jumbled right now, and I am on a phone. I'll post a more coherent reaction later.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

4. KikReask

KikReask Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2016
    That was a pretty glorious issue.

I almost believed that Vader went back to fight the Emperor until he killed him. It takes me back to Boba Fett: Enemy of the Empire where Vader saw one possible future of killing the Emperor by slicing his head in half. If it weren't for the force lightning I'd believe Vader would be the better fighter now. Also doesn't Sidious actually look worse than Vader in some panels? I am somewhat disappointed that this is the last chapter in this story arc if only because I dislike small trades but now we can finally shed some light on the Inquisitors at last. :)

5. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Vader also had a vision of killing the Emperor in Dark Times: Vector, although under different circumstances.

kalzeth and KikReask like this.
  6. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    That lava waterfall looks very much like the one flowing from the bottom of Vader's castle in Rogue One, so I think it's pretty likely it's intended to be the same place. As the Jedi Temple was built over the Sith shrine on Coruscant, no doubt Vader will have his castle built over that dark side "locus". Presumably the cave is part of the castle's foundation.

7. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Makes sense, but we'll see. Either way, looking forward to finding out more about it :)

8. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    It is the cave. The Art of Rogue One book mentioned that the castle is built over an ancient Sith cave.

9. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I loved this last issue.

The whole piece around bleeding the kyber was fascinating, with the kyber attempting to turn Vader back to the light side - and him rejecting it. And yeah, imo this is clearly the dark side vergence mentioned in the Art of Rogue One book. Brilliant continuity.

10. sheri1967

sheri1967 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2006
    The Kyber offered an alternative path which Vader rejected. Do you think there would be the same outcome if he had the choice to bleed it on any other planet but Mustafar?

The Dark Side locus- What could have happened there in the past?

darklordoftech likes this.
  11. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    One thing I love about this issue is the continuity of themes across comic series. Very well done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Charles Soule and Jordan White discuss Darth Vader #5.

spicer likes this.
  13. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    And confirmed by Jordan D. White in the video, the cave in the last issue is the place where Vader's castle is built over!

14. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    SO GOOD.
    For Doctor Who fans:
    The Kyber's reaction somewhat reminded me of The Moment from Day of the Doctor. A Weapon with a Conscience. You can do this, but let me show you some stuff first. Loved it!

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  15. sheri1967

sheri1967 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2006
    I really enjoyed the issue.

It truly is "the choices we make and the actions we take...."

tatooinesandworm likes this.
  16. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    If you're tight on money for the comic, check out this video.

Then when you have the money, buy this comic. Probably one of my favorites thus far.

cwustudent likes this.
  17. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    iPodwithnomusic and spicer like this.
  18. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    My my my what an amazing issue! I loved all of it! Well done!

19. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    iPodwithnomusic and Darth_Voider like this.
  20. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I'm curious why in these flashbacks/memories, he never remembers Ahsoka? She was just as important to him as Obi-Wan and Padme.

21. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    I suppose they want to make the comic as easy to understand as possible to everyone, and a ton of people haven't seen TCW nor Rebels, so they'd be confused by Ahsoka's appearance. Having only these two visions was more than sufficient to get to the point without potentially confusing casual fans.

22. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    He didn't lose her because of his turn to the dark side like he did with Obi-Wan and Padme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Anakin remembered Shmi though, and losing her was not a result of Anakin turning to the dark side.

24. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    But it was a major milestone on his road to the dark side.

BigAl6ft6 and Daneira like this.
  25. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    If that were the case they wouldn't bring in the Inquisitors. The Lords Of The Sith novel had no problem name dropping Ahsoka and Vader remembering her. I think Ahsoka is a big enough character now that even most casual fans know her. And nothing a bubble of dialogue couldn't clear up for the viewers. Most of the comics readers as well are not exactly "casual".

Daneira likes this.