main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New 6" Black Series Coming From Hasbro

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Jan 30, 2013.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Well that's all good news to me and my wallet, other than the vehicles and Luke, Rey, Jaina I can care less about any of the other figures.

Wake me when they finally decide to do a TLJ Leia

wobbits, Darthmaul208 and B99 like this.
  2. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I want TFA Luke, for sure. Hope he comes with interchangable robot hand and glove. I still need an explanation for why his cybernetic hand is all exposed machinery rather than the synthflesh one he got in ESB.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

Ireland is the same. We'll see the first wave (maybe two) from each new line at a higher price than the U.S. and that's it. If I want anything, I have to order online or look in collector's stores, where they can be double the price. It's always been thankless to be a collector here!

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    [​IMG]

Anyone know if there is an exact release day??

5. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Darthmaul208 likes this.
  7. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Anyone find Commander Gree yet??

8. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    B99

If you are in the US then you can order from this link:

https://www.toysrus.com/product?pro...85:SWBlackSeriesCommanderGree:ComicConvention

It's not a SDCC exclusive though, just an early access type deal.

No word on him in the UK but I expect to see him unlike other exclusives.

He's expected to turn up in stores in the next few weeks around Force Friday.

Resistance Rey looks better than Jedi Training Rey. I like the face.

B99 likes this.
  9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd imagine Forbidden Planet in London would get the figure but it will cost you..

10. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    It's a TRU exclusive so we usually get them here but others like the Starkiller base figures and the Jyn Eadu figure we didn't. Plus R5!

I'm not looking forward to the BF2 Tie Pilot exclusive because that will probably end up at Forbidden Planet.

11. xyloren

xyloren Jedi Master star 2

Feb 19, 2016
    Does anyone know if they'll be releasing the SDCC BS Luke and Rey on the Hasbro site?

12. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Unknown.
    Hasbro changed it from the 14th of August until September now so they can offer the exclusives out to a hasbro convention- Hascon. It should go up after this but by this time the regular versions should be out so unless you want them in this packaging it makes not a lot of sense buying it. Thrawn and the Landspeeder are slightly different because they are different releases but the regular versions of them should be around by then as well.

13. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
  14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'll give it a miss but thanks for the alert..

15. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  16. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    B99 Yeah, I saw that Obi. Looks pretty cool. Hopefully we eventually get a Yoda and an Anakin ghost to go w/him. Those Walgreens exclusives can be a little tricky, though.

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Anyone have any hacks on how to actually get Rey's speeder to sit on the clear stand? I can't get the ball portion to fit into the hole in the bottom of the speeder.

I will say that this set is really awesome, Rey as a figure is great, she has a little piece that goes over her mouth that comes off, she's got her backpack and staff. Bike comes w/ her pile of junk that straps in and has several compartments that open up. Whole bike comes w/ a clear dust stand for it to sit on, only problem - I can't get the damned thing to work. The knob of the stand is too big to go into the hole on the bottom of the bike and the plastic isn't pliable to squish it in. I'll probably have to super heat it. Grrrrr. Otherwise this set is amazing. I love their 6" sets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  18. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    For anyone outside the US you can order the Amazon exclusives (Elite Guard and Stormtrooper with gear) direct from Amazon with really good shipping rates. I ordered both for $82 total including shipping to the UK and VAT paid (so no nasty customs fees on arrival).

Think I'm up to date for now. Managed to get all of wave 1 at Toys R Us midnight launch, wave 2 on pre-order with StarActionFigures (along with the Executioner and Snoke with Throne). Luke with island base is tempting but I'll have to wait and see what the price is like on that.

I really want the Elite Guard from the 4-Pack but no way I'm buying 3 other figures I don't need to get it. Just going to have to hope someone splits the set on ebay at some point.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Found a Thrawn at the local TRU today in a TLJ display. Snagged that - I figured it would be the only time I'd see it at retail outside of Forbidden Planet, and it was the only one on the shelf. They had a bunch of the other figures (Hera, Gree) but I gave them a miss.

20. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I actually ceded a Thrawn to another guy on Force Friday. Thankfully, he returned the favor by ceding me an old man Luke a few minutes later.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That's a good result then. I didn't see Luke at my TRU.

Dawud786 likes this.
  22. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I went to Target. I heard TRU wasnt well stocked even at midnight.

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I managed to find these at my grocery store:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dawud786 and Juke Skywalker like this.
  24. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    It's a good thing my Dad works for Hasbro, so I don't have to rush into the stores to buy them all. Lol. I sent him a list of all the 6" Black Series figures I don't have, so I hope he gets them soon. Hera Syndulla looks the best!

25. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I've pre-ordered the Praetorian guard. The design really appeals to me. It makes me think of a Bushido mask. I am also keenly awaiting Tarkin (I think he'll fit nicely with Krennic and Thrawn).

26. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I might pick up the guard if I see it. TRU has a larger version but I don't care for that one.

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  27. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I got Qui-Gon and Chirrut today.

Chirrut was nearly $30, so worth it though. He is such a dynamic figure. The soft goods lower robea are fantastic! Their quality makes me wonder why the material they use for Jedi robes is so... meh. This material is just as much a part of the posability of the figure as the articulation. The way it folds and moves is beautiful.

Both figures are really substantial. Thick, heavy. Most of the other Black Series figures i have feel a touch more fragile. The joints in particular.

Glad i have them.[​IMG][​IMG]