main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit MACLUNKY -- The Lit Forum Maclunky Thread, v3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Sep 12, 2015.

1. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Okay I've been away from Photobucket for a while so didn't know about the whole no hosting thing...basically I got the individual hardcovers of Brain Daley's Han Solo novels for a cheap price! Yay!
    [​IMG]

Gamiel likes this.
  2. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    A Game of Thrawn's

Stymi likes this.
  3. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    A few thoughts on You're the Worst. A You're the Worst burst, of sorts. Spoilers.

When we last saw Jimmy and Gretchen they had gotten engaged (yay!) and then Jimmy went to grab a sweater and just drove away (boo!).

Jimmy is living in a retirement trailer park having made friends with a cranky old man named Bert. They watch TV together and drink and smoke cigarettes. There's a car, karaoke, a nosy neighbour named Gail, s'mores, Jimmy's phone collects dust, some hijinks involving Bert's car keys and Jimmy gets punched in the face. It's funny but not memorable until Jimmy gets punched in the face. Bert accepts his age and Jimmy gets a copy of his new book, turns his phone back on and steals Bert's car and heads back to LA.

Gretchen has been staying at Lindsey's appartment (which used to be Dorothy's appartment. Remember Dorothy? You don't have to). Lindsey is thriving at her job, enjoying her independence. Gretchen is really into 90s music and smoking weed (yay!) and crack (boo!). Gretchen hasn't left the place for three months, and has fooled her clients into thinking she's in Europe. Lindsey is appalled and wants her to go outside. Gretchen crashes Lindsey's night work, does BNL's "One Week" far better than I can and I go way back with the Ladies, and breaks down over Jimmy.

Lindsey can't deal and goes to Edgar. Edgar is killing it at Doug Benson's show and Jimmy is really gone, Edgar redecorated. Lindsey and Edgar have the horrible realization they're the adults now, so they do the smart thing and get it on in Jimmy's bed. They totally think they can pull of being friends with benefits, everyone does.

Gretchen goes to bar, moves Jimmy to her exes contact list, hooks up with her Ex, (Abbi's hot neighbour from Broad City who liked unconventional things) only to get a text from Jimmy during the act.

They're back. A funny episode. The back half was stronger, but we had more of the gang to work with. As fun as Bert was, the established relationships are what's great about this show. Next week looks promising, with Jimmy back in the city.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Mia Mesharad likes this.
  5. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
  6. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

Feature Stream for the Stellaris expansion launching next week.

Gorefiend and DARTH_MU like this.
  7. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    So I was having a conversation with a friend of mine about what he should read prior to Darth Plagueis and this is what he made out of my comment on Cloak of Deception
    [​IMG]

MercenaryAce, cthugha and Vthuil like this.
  8. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
  9. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Well I saw IT. It (no pun intended) was fun but I did wonder why they didn't call the cops when they found the missing girls shoe or when the bully attacked the fat kid with the knife ?
    Did remind me a lot of Stranger Things, even more so with the same child actor involved

10. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
  11. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I'm starting to really like these dang porgs

Darth_Duck likes this.
  12. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    They look delicious!

ma_petite and Gamiel like this.
  13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    It's an acquired taste.

14. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    I want some porg cereal to go with my thrawn cereal

15. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  16. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    That's frickin' hilarious. Porgs have a bit of a Pokemon thing going on. Has this been mentioned already?

I'm new to the whole Pokemon thing. My sons, 7, are fanatics, so all things Poke are just part of my world now.

Minimal interest in Star Wars. Fatherhood fail :_(

Sent from Moto X-Wing

vncredleader likes this.
  17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I have been in the mountains this week. Here are some photos from it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fett 4, Vthuil, Kylun and 4 others like this.
  18. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    Nice, when I was like 12, my family and me went to the mountains in Sweden, somewhere west Åre I think. I remember seeing some reindeer not much else.

Gamiel likes this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I was in Härjedalen, around 95-98 km* south of Åre. There are many reindeers walking around in small groups there. Most, if not all, of them are semi-domesticated and allowed to walk free untill it is time to move them.

* I think

[​IMG]
    from https://drawbba-the-hutt.deviantart.com/

MercenaryAce, Vthuil and starfish like this.
  20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Playing a SWRPG session for the first time in quite a while. As soon as we started, they said right off the bat that we wouldn't be doing an Imperial campaign. :(

One day I'll get my wish.

Instead, we're doing a Rebels inspired campaign -- pre-ANH, centered on a single planetary system, and about resisting the Empire. My usual archetype of a court fop seemed inappropriate for this game, so I thought I'd build a character based on the young senatorial WEG archetype instead. The best FFG translations for that were Diplomat Ambassadors or Commander Figureheads. Took me a while to decide between the two.

Eventually I decided that if I was going to be forced to play a stinkin' Rebel, might as well play someone interesting. So I went with Senator Pooja Naberrie. Obscure enough to let my GM allow it, but still an actual character instead of an OC.

So I went with Diplomat Ambassador and built her career skills largely based on what I figured she'd been trained in on Naboo.

Should be fun... if a little different to actually be playing a true Rebel.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  21. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Oddly enough, I've done plenty of Imperial campaigns.

22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Is It A Bothan? appears to have ceased to exist, and the world just got a little bit darker. :(

23. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    RE: Destiny 2.
    [​IMG]
    Sad there's no skirt available, though.

Kylun likes this.
  24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Lucasfilm must've gotten to them. They seem to be wanting to erase all Bothans everywhere :p

edit: okay what is the deal with this Destiny thing anyway? Everyone was obsessed with the first one and now the second one. It's just a shooter thing right? Or am I missing something?

MercenaryAce and vncredleader like this.
  25. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Destiny was what Bungie did after they left Halo to a new studio, 343 Industries, so it was definitely anticipated. Destiny is indeed a shooter, but with some MMO qualities, namely Raids which are similar to MMO with just 6 people. Destiny was also built with social interaction, mainly centered around a mechanic called Fireteams, which is basically a Party in most other games, with an emphasis on cooperation. There is also quite a bit of lore, most of which was told in the Grimoire cards in the first game.