main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Hagrid wasn't stupid enough to simply wait to be killed by a Death Star, when he could've left, for absolutely no purpose though

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Wasn't the reason for Saw staying, a case of "I cannot run fast enough to keep up with you - and every second counts"?

3. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    That, and he - by his own admission - is mostly dead already.

I also half-suspect there might have been an element of... atonement, maybe, involved. I think after hearing Galen's message and knowing there was a real chance for Jyn to make a difference without becoming the same kind of ethically suspect person he was, he might have felt he was better left behind.

4. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Have the Beast Masters ever been mentioned in canon?

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    No- but even in the newcanon, Onderon has flying riding beasts:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ruping

6. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

Hagrid can't even spell. The man told Quirrell exactly how to get past Fluffy. He told Rita Skeeter he was a half-giant. He got himself captured by Death Eaters trying to save Aragog's children when they were attacking Hogwarts.

Hagrid was well-meaning but not by any means smart.

7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

This is mostly how I saw it. He was done running, both literally and figuratively, because he knew that his past deeds had caught up with him and the Alliance was moving on to a morally higher ground that Jyn should be part of, but he never could.

8. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007

Well, it's also a practical matter as Iron_lord noted. Saw was staggering around on a pair of crude mechanical legs. There was no way he'd make it to a ship in time to escape the shockwave that was coming. He knew he was going to die. He chose to stand his ground and die on his own terms rather than attempt to flee and be crushed like a fleeing rat.

Senator Wan, Revanfan1 and Iron_lord like this.
  9. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Return to Mandalore featurette from the blu-ray. Contains new footage from season 4.

10. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    I am still excited by this but 1) I like the legends mandalorians better. I don't like the homogenous culture or the peaceful angle. 2) Sabine as the leader of all mandalorians feels a little forced to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SWpants likes this.
  11. Commander_Andersen

Commander_Andersen Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 10, 2004
    I know everyone loves Twilight of the Apprentice, but I just watched the Siege of Lothal twice over the weekend and I remembered why it's probably my favourite Rebels episode (followed by Zero Hour). Just has that classic Star Wars feel to it - the visuals, the music, Vader in his prime. Kickstarted Rebels from the light-hearted antics of one little group to something much bigger.

12. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007

Well according to this chart http://graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt2930604 , Twilight of the Apprentice was the most popular episode in the series. But Siege of Lothal isn't far behind, being in the top 5.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I'm always torn when it comes to arguing about the "homogenous" nature of the TCW Mandos: in regards to the phenotypes that we see among their populace, it's a 100% accurate criticism, but I keep feeling that in terms of philosophy and political hierarchy, TCW's take gets a win over Traviss's Mandos. Some of that was just the limitations of storytelling; Traviss was only going to focus closely on a small handful of Mandalorians within the large culture she created. But I kept feeling that the sheer size of the Mandalorians in both interpretations would lead to either far more chaos and feuding (as opposed to professional opposition) among the people groups of Mandalore, or major philosophical breaks: those 7 rules that were supposed to define Mandalorians are far too vague to lead to any centralized and controlled system unless they have some underlying bureacracy or extra-ceremonial political structure to facilitate holding those groups together and keep them culturally distinct. Still, I feel like I'm arguing from a position of weakness strictly from the fact that Traviss had commisioned art clearly demonstrating true diversity in her collection.

But in regards to the political situation they had in TCW, and the existance of a pacifist faction, I feel Lucas hit upon some surprisingly strong real world insight into Empire's and nomadic mercenary groups. Mandos were too technologically advanced not too have a large civilian infrastructure to look after logistics and organization; too culturally unique among the galaxy to not have even greater traditions and centralized ties to keep them from assimilating to their neighbors; too violent to not have an exhausted populace every once in a while; too important to the Galaxy to not have a structured identity. And no ethnic group remains in one monolithic state of warfare fro all time; eventually, people get sick of it, or get killed by people who are sick of it.

Which is why I like the feudal angle from Rebels. Feudalism existed initially as the only real way to unify any kind of civilization

my kind of scum and Gorefiend like this.
  14. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Thrawn, Obi-Wan vs Maul featurettes.

15. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    I love these featurettes! Thank you for posting them :)

16. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Nick and More‏ @nickandmore
    #StarWarsRebels season 4 premieres will air late-Sunday (early-Monday) night from 12:30-1:30am ET/PT with 2 back-to-back episodes each week.

Nick and More‏ @nickandmore
    As original press release noted, eps will encore multiple times each Monday (3a, 7:30a, 5:30p & 9p), but there will be 2 new eps each week.

Saw and Rebel Alliance bonus features.

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  18. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Is it possible that this is to compete with the app making the episodes available on demand that same morning like what happened last season?

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

19. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Assuming they appear on the app at the same time, now I have to watch the episodes right before I go to bed on Sunday instead of when I wake up on Saturday, which is a lot more annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    New episode titles.Sounds like it will really be over by December at this rate.:(
    https://jedi-bibliothek.de/2017/09/sechs-episodentitel-star-wars-rebels-staffel-4/
    • 4×01-02 „Heroes of Mandalore: Part 1 & 2“ (15. Oktober 2017)
    • 4×03-04 „In the Name of the Rebellion: Part 1 & 2“ (22. Oktober 2017)
    • 4×05 „The Occupation“ (29. Oktober 2017)
    • 4×06 „Flight of the Defender“ (29. Oktober 2017)

21. Ewoklord

Ewoklord Jedi Master star 2

Feb 15, 2014
    They might be hurrying it along so right after TLJ they can announce their next series?

22. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Pretty sure they will have a mid season break again.

23. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    But with the rate they are showing episodes, the mid season break should only be one week :)

Seriously though, at only 15 episodes, and 2 a week, that is only 8 weeks of shows are they going to take a break between week 4 and 5

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

24. Ewoklord

Ewoklord Jedi Master star 2

Feb 15, 2014
    So if they're airing two a week, there's either one week they air one, or one week they air three. I'm hoping that means the finale is three episodes long.

tatooinesandworm likes this.
  25. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007

This is the end...

[​IMG]

Make a better series next time, Dave.....