main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Weather/Natural Disaster Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Skywalker8921, Apr 29, 2014.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Some of the pictures downtown in Miami are scary. A roof has been ripped off an apartment block.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Local news just interviewed a young man living in our area who's from St. Marten. His account of what's going on down there is heartbreaking.

3. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Winds picking up a bit here in Orlando. They say that the worst is coming late tonight. Some of my friends have already lost power. I went outside to check it out for a bit and the rain is fierce and feels like hard shards of freezing ice.

My brother has some friends who stayed in his building in Miami and they shared videos of the street flooding and a massive tree tipping over.

4. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    It should be the worst in Orlando between 11 pm and 5 am. Power has remained steady, but a nearby friend has lost power at the place he was staying. Curfew is in effect at 7 pm, but ****ing idiots are still driving and walking around occasionally.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I was watching some of the coverage just before dinner with my father. CNN showed the clip of the two idiots on bicycles again and we both thought "LOL! Really?"

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    My entire building just shook. Still have power though. But I think I'm done studying for now.

7. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    It's gonna be eerie now that the sun is setting for y'all. There is little more alarming things then listening to a hurricane passing in the dark esp if power goes out. Atleast it's moving very fast unlike Harvey over here. Can't imagine y'all will get much sleep tonight. GL

Juliet316 and Ezio Skywalker like this.
  8. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    The vids I've seen so far are insane. **** did not feel as intense down here when Irma was at its most powerful. We do have below sea level areas that got hit pretty badly, but nowhere near as crazy as what I've seen from Downtown Miami.

Hoping you guys up there ride this out safely. Please try to sound off as frequently as you can and let us know you're ok.

9. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I've been posting my vids to social media, as I decided on a quick walk outside. :p

It's getting fierce already. While I was out there I saw a street light blow out and an entire building go dark.

10. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Dude, FFS, stop going outside already.

Ezio Skywalker and Juliet316 like this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Sanibel

You and your wildlife refuge hold together, baby...

Master_Lok likes this.
  12. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Ezio Skywalker stay put and stay safe.

Hopefully, everyone will still have power and be okay in FL. Well wishes and a safe night and morning to all.

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I am in Port Charlotte The news says the worst for us Is passed somehow we still have power but the lights have been flickering all day. there were times the wind was so loud that it sounded like a truck barreling down a highway at 100 miles an hour.
    the worst damage so far is some minor flooding in my parents closet and next to there bed. the rest of the inside of our house has held so far. I actually wouldn't say Flooding more like leaking there is definitely going to be mold.

heels1785 likes this.
  14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Is NFL Pass still working?

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    storm is now tracking east of where it was expected to go, which could be bad for carolinas and eastern georgia, many of whom expected minimal threat.

we're starting to get wind and rain here, expected to intensify in the morning with approx 3 ft of storm surge in downtown charleston.

16. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    My advice If your on high ground stand your ground ride it out If not Evacuate. The Eye wall broke down before it got to Port Charlotte and they downgraded It to a Category 2 Hurricane so It could have been worse for us may be by the time it gets to you it wont be so bad? I actually don't think it will be as bad as it travels over land it will break up even more.

heels1785 likes this.
  17. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I know this seems inconsequential but My dad just checked the yard and my Date Palm and Lemmon Tree I cultivated in Maryland and planted down here in Florida are still in the ground and look good!

Sarge, Juliet316 and B99 like this.
  18. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Glad to see ya posting!!

19. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

yea we were lucky enough not to lose power most of the day and night lights flickered but stayed on. I spent most of the night watching my Giants lose but got to see my Yankees win. the only damage inside the house was water damage in my parents bedroom closet and next to there bed, the screen in the pool cage got wrecked up but we have a friend of the family who can give us a discount on that. other damage we wont know till tomorrow when we can go outside and look.

I think we dodged a bullet...

Juliet316 and B99 like this.
  20. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Alive and well, although this was rough. The eyewall came right through us. Our town has been wrecked.

21. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Eye is approaching. It sounds like there's an army of orcs trying to storm my apartment by way of the front door and windows. I definitely won't be sleeping.

I tried to sleep. But now I'm actually a little scared. The sounds of the wind against my door and windows is relentlessly violent.

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Did you see the report about interior doors? I couldn't explain why, but keep all interior doors closed too, apparently it helps the roof stability in high-velocity winds.

23. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I didn't but thanks! Orlando is currently getting pounded with gusts reaching 76 mph.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Irma's down to a Cat 1 now - I hope everyone is OK!