main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    By Rylo Kylo Riley Ren

ColdLazarou likes this.
  2. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    No, that's the one. Looks like an Arctic Fox. I like it, but would prefer a bit more alienness. Something as simple as removing the canine button nose could do the trick.

3. minie

minie Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 7, 2017
    too sad Daisy wasn't attended to a fan meeting in Japan :(((((( and it's funny as we discuss rian johnson..... yesterday he talked about the importance of Rey's arc in the movie. nothing really new but what we can confirm from his word about Rey is that
    1) Rey's journey during the course of the movie is exciting
    2) it's evolved going through adolescence similar to Luke
    3) yet it's very different from Luke ( so I think anything beyond that is a spoiler?)
    4) her journey is going to be a BIG BIG part what we gonna see in the movie.

start from: 5.06

4. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Yeah, but...but...he drew a moustache on a cereal box image of Rey!

5. minie

Mar 7, 2017
    YEAH rian thinks there's no way this is gonna leak and no one could ever figure it out but he failed.... I did figure it out. He accidentally confirmed that Poirot is Rey's father and her journey involved solving the mysterious death of Luke and her struggling in using the force to grow a moustache like her father. Big twist lol

[​IMG]

6. Jazz9276

Jazz9276 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 19, 2016
    Dark Horse Come on man. Cheer up. Patrick Ness is back on the set of Chaos Walking. Maybe he'll bless us with another video. And the new trailer for MOTOE should drop next week.

Dark Horse and Eugene3 like this.
  7. minie

Mar 7, 2017
    don't know if anyone has seen this before, but this Rey's portrait painting by Weroni is absolutely gorgeous. love the colours

[​IMG]

8. Jazz9276

Oct 19, 2016
    Dark Horse and Eugene3 like this.
  9. Darth Imbecillis

Darth Imbecillis Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2016

I've got that one as a mug :) https://society6.com/product/rey-5yo_mug#s6-4040652p30a27v199

rorow1 and minie like this.
  10. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Rian Johnson: “I can’t tell you [what in particular surprised Mark Hamill and Daisy Ridley in the script] because then it wouldn’t be a surprise, but it was very gratifying for me that Mark and Daisy and the whole rest of the cast when they read it they were very shocked by some of the things that happen in the script because they are kind of the first audience that we have for the story and they know the characters better than anybody. There are things I think will really shock the audience but you never want it to just be an empty surprise for the sake of it being a surprise. You always want it to be an emotional story that makes sense that surprising things happen naturally in. So I hope those are the kind of things that will make the audiences gasp when they see this movie.” (September 11, 2017 – video) (September 11, 2017) (September 11, 2017)

Rian Johnson: “[How Rey grows as she deals with this newfound power is] really her journey during the course of this movie and that’s part of why the character of Rey was so exciting for me. I think for myself growing up Luke Skywalker who was the hero that I looked up to and as a kid I think that you – Star Wars is very much about in adolescence when you’re finding your place in the world and that’s very much what Rey is going through right now but in a very different way than Luke. So for me it’s one of the big things – the first emotionally that hooked me into the character – and it’s a big, big part of what we’re gonna see in this movie.” (September 11, 2017 – video) (September 11, 2017) (September 11, 2017)

Rian Johnson: “[Darth Vader as Luke’s father is] one of the biggest surprises in movie history I think so…we’ll match that, sure, yeah.” (September 11, 2017 – video) (September 11, 2017) (September 11, 2017)

RJ Quote Archive
    Secrecy and Secrets Quote Archive

CairnsTony likes this.
  11. Jazz9276

Oct 19, 2016
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Patrick_Ness/status/907345259641888768

Must be strange. Hopefully our first look won't be too much longer.

Dark Horse likes this.
  12. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Are people talking about this? I've not seen a discussion about it anywhere.

Rian is basically saying that TLJ is going to match the 'I am your father' reveal from ESB for shock value. That's quite a claim. However... as a note of caution, he is saying it at a moment of levity and may be joking, but... Rian is being canny I think. He knows it could be taken literally (and perhaps it should?)

Even if whatever he is referring to doesn't match ESB for shock value, he has definitely emphasised that this movie will shock us. I dare say the parental reveal will shock some, but I don't necessarily think that's what he is referring to as he does say that both Mark and Daisy were shocked when they read the script. That sort of implies to me that maybe a character's arc takes a really unexpected turn perhaps. :)

13. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
    I got the full response in another video and it's a little more complicated than that.

http://boards.theforce.net/posts/54537158/

He was asked (I boosted the audio of the translator speaking to Johnson in Audacity) how he's gonna match the experience of us learning that Vader was Luke's dad, and pivots into an explanation that he's given before about how he didn't start his writing process from 'how am I gonna surprise the audience'.

Rian Johnson: “Well, I don’t know [how The Last Jedi is different]. I mean, it’s funny ’cause I, you know, the way I came into it – I feel like it’s always the wrong thing if you come in and your driving force is, ‘I am going to make something different, I’m going to throw away -, I’m going to surprise people.’ You know…to me, it’s all about, okay, these characters that were set up in The Force Awakens – where does it make sense to me that they go next? And I think if you follow that through you’ll get to some surprising places, you know, because you’re going to be following where it makes sense to you that they go next. But…yeah, so…I don’t know. It’s a tough question for me to answer because I tried to just tell a really honest story about where I thought these guys should go. I think that there are a lot of surprises in the movie, but it definitely wasn’t the starting point I guess.” (April 14, 2017)

Rian Johnson: “Well I tried to – I don’t know if this’ll be an answer – but I tried to kind of not think in those terms ’cause I feel like – on both sides – like I didn’t…I was never thinking like, ‘Oh, this’ll pay homage to this! Oh, this is like that!’ But, and I was also never thinking, ‘Oh, we’re gonna throw this away and do this and we’re gonna do this different!’ ’cause I think that just leads to bad story choices. For me, it was just like, ‘Where should these characters go next?’ and what’s the most interesting way of telling that. That having been said, there’s, you know, this stuff is mythology for those of us who grew up with it and there is just some bedrock stuff that’s built into our brains that is Star Wars. And there is like [George] Lucas has said – these movies do rhyme with each other in thematic ways and they have things that reflect things in the previous movies. And so there are ways that through that storytelling process – those are going to happen. But, I hope it’s still surprising, I hope there’s still enough fresh stuff, I hope we strike a balance.” (July 15, 2017)

14. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Cool! Shows how out of the loop I've become that I was oblivious to those earlier interviews, or at least I'm assuming they were from earlier interviews as you have them as being said in April and July.

15. Jazz9276

Oct 19, 2016
    Dark Horse Cheer up man. I think you'll be pleased with the directing news. :)

Dark Horse likes this.
  16. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016

pm sent ;)

The Force Awakens, Kolma, A Woman of No Importance now IX, am good. Daisy is JJ's girl. No matter the direction of Rey now, am happy

Jazz9276 likes this.
  17. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
    J. J. Abrams: “I’d be lying if I said there weren’t pangs of regret [about not directing Episode VIII]. Particularly when I realize I won’t get to say ‘Action!’ to Daisy Ridley, or get to work with Mark Hamill in a scene where he gets to speak.” (November 22, 2016)

Jazz9276, Dark Horse and Eugene3 like this.
  18. Eugene3

Eugene3 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2017
    Well JJ Abrams was not my first choice but better than Colin.

now I was thinking and I remember that Daisy said that Rey was emotionally hurt, that could provoke it? Here are some ideas:
    - she discovers that her parents are dead? really at this point I suppose Rey would have assumed it since they did not come for her.(Maz's words)
    -.her family abandoned her because didn't want her.
    - That her parents are evil? too similar to Luke and Jyn.
    -That her parents do not exist. [face_plain]
    -That Luke was involved in the murder of her parents.
    -Luke or Leia / Han are their parents.
    -Others

19. Dark Horse

May 15, 2016

Fingers crossed he gets to do it.

I think they are dead unfortunately

20. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    -Luke is a gigantic A-hole to her for awhile. That'd seemingly fit in with what they've been hinting at so far.

Her parents being dead would be the lamest/most underwhelming "payoff" imaginable.

arjank and Eternal_Jedi like this.
  21. Dark Horse

May 15, 2016
    I hope am wrong but the edits made from TFA were the only hopes that she was related. Some of the things don't make sense with the chopping and changing I fear the damage is already done to this theory which is such shame.

22. Jazz9276

Oct 19, 2016
    It's like a huge weight lifted now that it's back in JJ's hands. I wish someone like Ava was given a chance but the key for me is that it's no longer with Rian. Even more so after those comments by Peter Sciretta.

Very happy that Daisy and JJ get to finish this journey for Rey. Gut feeling is that when it's all said and done my favorite character and relationship moments will be those created by JJ and not Rian.

Dark Horse likes this.
  23. Dark Horse

May 15, 2016
    Whatever happens with Rey JJ will look after Daisy. He's got her for another two projects. But yeah its good to see Jj back can't wait to see the back of TLJ and RJ

24. mima123

mima123 Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2016
    I really miss daisy on SM. Wish she would be back on IG when they start doing promotions on TLJ. She seems like a girl who would share her excitement and engange with fans.

25. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Funny that some people here are happy that Rian doesn't direct IX because of some alleged things he has done to Rey in TLJ. Which time machine are you using to know that and can I borrow it to see TLJ myself?

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.