main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Marvel Star Wars: General News & Trades Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Where are Vader's pants?

("of all the things to worry about, the Sith has no pants...")

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Ooh, I like that! A one-shot entirely from Vader's POV, an epilogue for the initial Vader series. (Or a prologue for a short-ish ESB-to-ROTJ series about Vader, the epilogue being ROTJ from Vader's POV?)

vncredleader and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    http://tinyletter.com/KieronGillen/letters/037-the-russian-doll-model-of-comics-writing

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  4. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Co-Writing?? Hopefully the new person writes Aphra well also. I know when Aaron tried to write for her she just seemed a little off. At least it seems Gillen is the one who is pretty much outlining the story still.

5. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  6. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/jason-...s-comic-and-the-yoda-story-he-wanted-to-write

revan772 likes this.
  7. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    [​IMG]

8. Rebel-Jedi

Rebel-Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 26, 2005
    Star Wars meets Predator! On Dagobah The Stormtrooper has Yoda cornered, the Stormtrooper removes his helmet revealing his battle scarred face, Yoda examines the Imperial Trooper's hideous face and reacts "One ugly MF, you are" [face_rofl]

Jedha John and Jedi Ben like this.
  9. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Yoda could ride a scrange, and using a rebreather they could jump out of the mud and swamp and surprise the stormtroopers.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    If it wasn't for the SW license, Marvel would be completely screwed - just about all the rest of their books are in free-fall.

Of course that is kind of a natural consequence of hacking off your buyers, at both the retailer and customer level!

12. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    As someone with a usually massive Marvel bias I couldn't agree more. I don't even subscribe to any Marvel titles anymore as of two months ago.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Well, I just added two Marvel titles meself: Spider-Men 2 and Runaways so I'm still holding strong! (It helps that I bailed on Secret Empire, aside from having it enforced on me in Amazing Spider-Man)

14. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014

Without SW Marvel would probably still be selling as well as DC. That's actually impressive consider the overwhelming amount of praise DC has been getting over the last year.

15. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    In August's comichron reports Star Wars had four titles in the top 15 and six in the top 50. This month marked the first time since Marvel started the lines up again that they had an issue fall outside of the top 100. The Rogue One adaption #6 placed at #102. And considering that is about a story most everyone has already seen that is still very good.

16. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
  17. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    DC dug themselves into a pretty deep hole. No matter how much they've improved (and I'm not disputing that), it takes time to get back out, although it probably helps that Marvel is gleefully jumping off the ledge after them.

18. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Leaked Marvel comic solicitations for December. I'll spoiler tag because it's a leak.

STAR WARS LAST JEDI STORMS OF CRAIT #1
    This December, the soon-to-be thrilling Star Wars: The Last Jedi rocks movie screens across the world...and the reverberations are felt all around a galaxy far, far away! First up, learn the secret of the mineral planet Crait! Long before it became a battleground between the Resistance and the First Order, Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa led the Rebellion there in search of a new home! From writers Ben Acker & Ben Blacker (Star Wars Join the Resistance) and artist Marco Checchetto (Star Wars: Shattered Empire) comes the backstory to this winter's biggest adventure!
    Rated T

POE DAMERON #22
    Black Squadron and General Organa have teamed together for an extra-top-secret mission...
    • ...and it's up to them to rescue Lor San Tekka!
    • Meanwhile, what's Suralinda got up her sleeves?
    Rated T

STAR WARS #40 ASHES OF JEDHA part 3
    • As Queen Trios' forces move in to strip what's left of Jedha, the Rebellion and the remaining Partisans struggle to save the planet for its survivors! The echoes of Rogue One continue to be heard through the Rebellion!
    Rated T

DOCTOR APHRA #15
    Rogue archaeologist Doctor Aphra may be in over her head...
    • ...but at least she's not alone!
    • Er...let's hope they're friendly!
    Rated T

DARTH VADER #9
    As the threat of the Jedi continues to menace the fledgling Empire, Vader finds himself on the trail of Jedi his master has commanded him...to keep alive?
    Rated T

MACE WINDU #5
    Having rooted out the rebellion in their ranks, Master Windu and his companions make their final stand against the AD-W4 and his droid army!
    Rated T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Wow - there is some big stuff in that there spoiler. But nothing I'd class as being for TLJ.

20. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I NEED TO READ THIS ISSUE NOW!

21. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Ahh! [face_love] My boy Benthic is back and on the cover of Star Wars #39! (Source 1, 2)

[​IMG]

22. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Now that's interesting!

Will Vader choose to follow the order? Or will he kill her despite Palpatine's wishes? Will he fight her while trying to spare her life? She could even become the first of the Inquisitorius, because at this point Jocasta Nu is a blank slate

So many possibilities.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  23. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  24. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Two Tubes survived? I really hope so, I wanted at least one cool survivor from that film, and would be more then happy if it is Two Tubes! :D

25. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015