main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    This would be a good way to establish the backstory between Ben and Luke; I could get behind this

Ridley Solo and SaintKenobi1322 like this.
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

It can get raunchy, but he was a trooper. It was fun. The guy is hilarious judging by his interviews and overall demeanor so glad to hear he's always been like that.

SaintKenobi1322 - good ideas there.

SaintKenobi1322 likes this.
  3. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    He was a nice guy. A bit awkward in person - much more confident onstage, imo.

But this was a lonnnnnnggg time ago :p

Re recasting - I think it may depend on what LFL sees as OT demographics in the coming years. ST strikes me as more OT-oriented than PT-oriented, but stuff down the road may well be more PT-oriented.

Master_Lok likes this.
  4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    LOL you would throw math into the recasting equation wouldn't you? :p

Actually, that's a very astute observation. Thanks for mentioning it (and Sebs.)

nightangel likes this.
  5. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    sounds great.

Sebs could play Luke's son. o_O

Master_Lok likes this.
  6. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Just FYI, I was kidding about this. I know you don't drink milk.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Oh I know. I hadn't gotten around to responding because I've been catching up on the zillion alerts I received today. I'm a very popular guy around these parts if you didn't know. :p

Artoo-Dion and Gigoran Monk like this.
  8. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Just wanted to be sure I didn't hurt your feelings. I know you're very sensitive about this issue.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    I cannot imagine that the story is not going to be told in some form, be it novels, comics, a film, a cartoon series, SOMETHING. Once TLJ and certainly IX are out, we are going to know the final outcome, so there won't be anything spoilerish about it. It would be a huge waste to not tell those stories. It is unimaginable to me that we are not going to see Luke Skywalker in his prime as a powerful Force user on top of his game, as we saw Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin in the PT/Clone Wars. That's what we've been waiting on since 1983. It's a shame we didn't get Episode VII in 1986, but that's just the way it went. The next-best thing, IMO, is make use of Mark Hamill's brilliant voice-acting talents. It is just begging to be done.

10. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    According to me. That's my own theory, I never said that it was a fact.

Iron_lord and Mister Bones like this.
  11. Mister Bones

Mister Bones Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2016
    My mistake. Going by the wording, I interpreted it as something you'd seen or read somewhere.

12. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

So basically you want Luke to be an over the top cartoon character?

13. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    I've realized that this is precisely what a lot of Star Wars fans want. Cartoons in live action form. Takes all kinds, I suppose.

14. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Like much of the PT?

Actually, considering how much Luke was built up in TFA, and considering that they havent managed expectations re what Luke can do, I think it's reasonable for fans to expect something O______O from Luke.

However, there's a difference between a character being super powerful and being a deus ex machina for the plot. I fully expect RJ to be able to manage the character without making us wonder why we need anyone else around. I suspect that, in the end, Luke's contribution will be different from Rey/Finn/Kylo's, and less time and focus will be given to it. As is appropriate.

jaqen and nightangel like this.
  15. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  16. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
  17. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
  18. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

Nah, but I want to see Luke in his prime at the height of his powers. On a big screen. Not in a novel, not in a comic, not in a video game and not in an animated series. On a big screen. At least once.

We know age doesn't make a difference when it comes to Force users, Yoda, Dooku and Palpatine were old men, but also some of the most powerful Force users and most skilled duellists in the galaxy. I want Luke to be at least at their power level in TLJ.

I want to see why Snoke is so afraid of the Resistance finding Luke. Personally, I would prefer if they would go with Luke being way more powerful than Snoke, which is why Snoke is so afraid of him and needs the entire First Order military machine to protect him. Cause in one on one, Luke would slaughter him and Snoke knows this. Which is why he also corrupted Ben and destroyed Luke's Order, because he knew this would drive Luke into exile. But that's just my fan theory.

19. sls062286

sls062286 Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2016
    He directly says why in TFA "If Skywalker returns the new Jedi will rise". He doesnt want the Jedi to come back.

20. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Sounds like more than that to me. Luke can't train new Jedi THAT fast.

Could it be some sort of prophacy? I expect "Skywalker returns" can be read in multiple ways, even though Snoke clearly meant Luke.

nightangel likes this.
  21. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I think this is one of the TFA quotes that JJ implemented and that RJ does not consider in any way

22. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Sounds like foreshadowing to me.

Like "I feel it. The pull to the light."

nightangel likes this.
  23. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    It feels like that is the end point of the ST - Luke Skywalker returns and the new Jedi (i.e. Rey) will rise. Luke (initially) not wanting to return is an unexpected obstacle in the path of that goal.

DarkMark likes this.
  24. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    That would not be shocking, so what will be the shocking things Rian spoke about? Or does he mean how Luke appears in first act as grumpy old man? [face_dunno]

25. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    It is shocking - it's what shocked Mark when reading the script - it's what shocked so many fans here when they saw the TLJ teaser.

It's shocking to Rey.

She brings Luke the saber and he turns her away and explains that it's time for the Jedi to end. That, coming from the most optimistic character, is literally what Mark has said shocked him. No doubt there will be other twists and turns, but that's one right there.

We're now in Rey's shoes as we find that meeting our hero at long last is not quite what we imagined it might be, and now we - like Rey as per the Black series descriptions - must unlearn what we have learned when Luke challenges our initial expectations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.